PDA

View Full Version : If Mick Wallace Was Abducted by Aliens...

passinginterest
01/09/2008, 3:34 PM
Where would that leave Wexford Youths?

Just curious really, we've seen what's happened to Cork with Arkaga deciding they don't want to play anymore. Obviously the Youths are almost solely run by Mick Wallace, so in the unlikely scenario that he decided to walk away where would we be?

Does the club have the structures in place to survive without Wallace? At this stage I don't suppose it's something that's really been though about, but, long term, the club will need other investors, maybe a strong supporters group, and it'd be a lot easier to start thinking about things like this now, with no requirement to do anything, than in maybe 25 years when it's a last gasp effort to save the club.

I'm a bit bored. :p

Sunny Jim
01/09/2008, 5:03 PM
I've thought about this quite a lot (but then I'm bored quite a lot) and I've absolutely no idea if there's any plan in place should anything happen to Mick. I'd like to think that there is.

Splurge
01/09/2008, 6:06 PM
I've thought about this quite a lot (but then I'm bored quite a lot) and I've absolutely no idea if there's any plan in place should anything happen to Mick. I'd like to think that there is.

I think there's more of his family involved, theres another Wallace who's chairman i think. Im sure he tought of this before. Maybe the Dubai Royal family would buy us?

Clipper
15/09/2008, 4:45 PM
Is there a supporters rep. on the board?

sadloserkid
15/09/2008, 4:50 PM

I'm bored quite a lot.

You two should probably spend some time together. :)

centre mid
15/09/2008, 5:00 PM
I always thought Mick Wallace looked like he had been abducted by aliens

oldyouth
15/09/2008, 5:14 PM

Just curious really, we've seen what's happened to Cork with Arkaga deciding they don't want to play anymore. Obviously the Youths are almost solely run by Mick Wallace, so in the unlikely scenario that he decided to walk away where would we be?

Does the club have the structures in place to survive without Wallace? At this stage I don't suppose it's something that's really been though about, but, long term, the club will need other investors, maybe a strong supporters group, and it'd be a lot easier to start thinking about things like this now, with no requirement to do anything, than in maybe 25 years when it's a last gasp effort to save the club.

Not too bored for the foot.ie challange though Passing!!!

I don't foresee any investors being sought at this stage. I don't think Mick has an unending supply of dosh and I'm sure his business has slowed down as much as anyone else. The problem with investors is that you have to compromise on any decisions and Mick obviously has his own visions for the club, amateur, community based etc. A group of supporters in a Trust might be the go.

I'd love to see the face on them aliens though.............

6yardpunisha
15/09/2008, 6:27 PM
i always thought mick wallace looked like he had been abducted by aliens

rock n roll loving aliens

dublin_owl
15/09/2008, 7:05 PM

We'd probably struggle on, but the aliens would have a great clubhouse, loads of local players and a cracking record in whatever their equivalent of the interleague trophy is! :eek:

John83
16/09/2008, 12:24 PM
For the record, the Youths lost about €10k last year (buttons in LoI terms), and I could imagine them making profit this year. It really depends on whether that figure included much money from Wallace. I figure you'd shrink a bit, but hang on, provided there are other administrators attached to the club - otherwise there could be a situation like Kilkenny this year.

oldyouth
16/09/2008, 4:01 PM
For the record, the Youths lost about €10k last year (buttons in LoI terms), and I could imagine them making profit this year. It really depends on whether that figure included much money from Wallace. I figure you'd shrink a bit, but hang on, provided there are other administrators attached to the club - otherwise there could be a situation like Kilkenny this year.
Where did you see those figures John??

pineapple stu
16/09/2008, 4:48 PM
cro.ie

With the League Cup Final, all other things being the same, youz should break even this year at worst. However, we don't know how much Mick Wallace put in as income into the club, but I'd say it could well have been minimal enough as those amounts are usually put in by way of a loan rather than income. Except for his shirt sponsorship obviously.

foxx92
16/09/2008, 9:13 PM
"If hes abducted"...i think its a matter of when not if!

Youths4Ever
17/09/2008, 7:57 AM
Is there a supporters rep. on the board?

no not at the moment but supporters club do have a very close relationship with the club so real need up to now maybe in the future