PDA

View Full Version : Sporting Fingal attendances

Lamper.sffc
01/09/2008, 12:22 PM
Another decent attendance for the game against shels. Just a quick question probably best answered by sporting man. How is the crowd counted, presume its ticket stubs. If so how do we count the family tickets.
A few people questioning how we count our attendances implying our official attendance is less than what is quoted.

pineapple stu
01/09/2008, 1:30 PM
Another decent attendance for the game against shels.
The only times you've gotten over 500 were against Athlone (opening day freebie), Dundalk and Shels (decent away support). Probably a bit much to pat yourself on the back for having decent attendances, I'd say (and yes, I appreciate the irony, etc, etc, etc).

While on the topic, anyone able to fill in the gaps for the Kildare and Waterford games?

gael353
01/09/2008, 3:12 PM
A few people questioning how we count our attendances implying our official attendance is less than what is quoted.

Dont be silly your attendances are crap and for both our games with you when we brought about 50/70 to each you never made it past the 300/350 mark

Lamper.sffc
01/09/2008, 8:43 PM
The only times you've gotten over 500 were against Athlone (opening day freebie), Dundalk and Shels (decent away support). Probably a bit much to pat yourself on the back for having decent attendances, I'd say (and yes, I appreciate the irony, etc, etc, etc).

While on the topic, anyone able to fill in the gaps for the Kildare and
Waterford games?

Not again stu, are you bored? Nobody to argue with?
(1) I wasnt patting anybody on the back, by saying another decent crowd I meant along with the last home game against dundalk. Im just relieved there have been better crowds than in the past games against the other teams. I recognize our crowds have not been great. Also recognize that the crowd was helped greatly by the away support but our support grew also.
(2) thats not true about only getting 500 once against athlone. Both games against shels and dundalk at home both times we
got more than 500. Would like to know why you believe we have only beaten 500 attendance once (proof please)
(3) Just cause you appreciate the irony doesnt excuse the fact that i refuse to be lectured to by a ucd fan who s club get terrible crowds in a division above us.

I wasnt looking for an argument thats what you like to do. I was just trying to get some info on how we count out our attendances. So i could inform others on whether our attendances are accurate or not. thats all

Dont be silly your attendances are crap and for both our games with you when we brought about 50/70 to each you never made it past the 300/350 mark

As mentioned above. Im not trying to imply our attendances have been great. Im just happy the crowds improved. They have been well above 500 hundred for the big games against shels and dundalk. While this is nothing to gloat over its still an improvement. Our average crowd is still around the average in this league. Even if you where looking just at the home supporters its still measures favourable against all the other teams in this division except shels and dundalk.

Now can we go back to the original topic of this thread please.

pineapple stu
02/09/2008, 12:37 PM
(2) thats not true about only getting 500 once against athlone. Both games against shels and dundalk at home both times we
got more than 500. Would like to know why you believe we have only beaten 500 attendance once (proof please)
Oh dear. Read my post please. Then maybe I'll debate it. Maybe.

Lamper.sffc
02/09/2008, 5:45 PM
God you really are so condescending.

Presumed you where talking about home supporters and that it was just down to away support that we got over 500 for those games. thats all

Care to reply with a dignified answer in a dignified manner. Or are you so much above the new poster who has only been here a wet day.

"Arrogance diminishes wisdom”.

pineapple stu
03/09/2008, 1:51 PM
Care to reply with a dignified answer in a dignified manner. Or are you so much above the new poster who has only been here a wet day.
:rolleyes:

I said you got more than 500 against Shels and Dundalk. You then came roaring in and said I didn't. As I said (and as you subsequently ignored) read my post. An apology would be nice, but I'm not going to hold my breath given your general attitude.

Oh, and I don't believe you would have gotten over 500 against those two teams were it not for away fans. The rest of your attendances point to that being quite likely.

Lamper.sffc
03/09/2008, 4:37 PM
I acknowledged i misinterpreted your first reply and explained what i thought you meant.

Presumed you where talking about home supporters and that it was just down to away support that we got over 500 for those games. thats all

You misinterpreted my post when you presumed i was boasting about attendances when i was not. Fail to to see any reference of this mistake by your good self. But hey who am i to question you:rolleyes:

You then came roaring in . I just love how you over exaggerate things. Please man enough of the over dramatics. Was just making my point.

Oh, and I don't believe you would have gotten over 500 against those two teams were it not for away fans.
(Presume you are talking about 500 home fans). I dont need you to believe me about getting over 500 home support for the shels and dundalk games. I know we did and i have no reason to exaggerate. If we didnt i would say so.

Listen, this has gone this way from two misinterpretations of what the other is trying to say.
For my part i apologize for misinterpreting part of your reply.

pineapple stu
03/09/2008, 5:00 PM
That's grand; your histrionics are overlooked for now.

You're obviously welcome to believe your attendances; people I know who've been to games (in a working capacity, for what it's worth) have called the official crowds into question as well.

Lamper.sffc
03/09/2008, 5:49 PM
Ah the mighty stu is too big to apologize for his part. Thought so. Still has to get a dig in. Histrionics indeed.:rolleyes:

I dont need you to overlook anything as i am not looking for your approval.

Its not a belief about the crowds. I have seen them for myself. I have been there when we only had 2 and 3 hundred and it was easy to see there was plenty more for the last two home games (at least twice the amount).

Im not talking about what i have heard from others, Im talking about what you can see with your own eyes.

When you have been to our ground on a day when we meet dundalk or shels and see with your own eyes then you can debate this with me.

Man, you really need to change your tone. Its the condescending manner you have that i dont appreciate. Its how i see you talk to people in here all the time.

Probably a bit much to pat yourself on the back for having decent attendances, I'd say

Oh dear. Read my post please. Then maybe I'll debate it. Maybe.

That's grand; your histrionics are overlooked for now.

I can see this is how you get your kicks. Its a bit pathetic really.

You bore me:cool:

pineapple stu
03/09/2008, 7:11 PM
Another decent attendance for the game against shels.
If that ain't back patting, I don't know what is.

Lamper.sffc
03/09/2008, 7:28 PM
:rolleyes: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz bored

stamullendrog
07/09/2008, 9:19 PM
possibly the funniest thing ever seeing a ucd fan slagging off another team for poor attendences

Sporting Man
08/09/2008, 10:03 AM
Hi Lamper, i was waiting for U.C.D to finish before i could get a word in. to answear your question on counts we use clickers on gate 1 and two and we have guest list from both teams for gate 3 and mark it off as they show up.
The away stand we allow a max of 1500 it will hold more but for safety reasons we keep to 1500. the home stand will hold 800 seated and room for another 300 standing to the side of it. so as you can see from the shels match the home stand was almost full and around 100 to the side. i will let the student do the maths. behind the goals cant be used at the moment as its to open and we dont have the man power to stwarted it. by the way for the record they are called the Airport and city terrace.looking forward to Thursdays match tickets are selling well so get them while you can.:ball:

Lamper.sffc
08/09/2008, 1:55 PM
Sorry about that. Its what stu likes to do. its not the first time i have gotten into it with him.

Cheers for clearing that up. Thought it might be clickers.

Cant wait for the game on thursday. After the shels game the other night it will be the biggest game of the season so far. Its also good to test ourselves against one of the best teams in the top flight.

Nice to see the price was reduced for the tickets also. Much appreciated.

Will there still be tickets left to buy at the gate.

Sporting Man
09/09/2008, 3:26 PM
asked your question at a meeting today and yes there will be tickets at the gate so long as they are not sold out before witch i cant see it happen.
what i will say is if we do get a bigger crowd than expected we may sell out early at the gate.again i cant see it but just in case there is 1500 tickets each for home and away first come first served gates will then close, remember home stand holds 800 if full you will need to stand on the terrace down to the left. i can only guess that you are with the supporters club if so we will only allow the max number in the supports club members in this aera so let the lads know be early. Pats have only pre booked 400 away tickets.for all the Away supporters you enter at gate 2 there is no cover or seating in this terrace so bring wet gear you may need it.there is no parking in the grounds we hope to use the carpark in the public park for this game only. i would like to meet you soon can you mail me you number or email address and i will contact you.