PDA

View Full Version : City -v- Bohs and ref

Cityace
19/09/2003, 9:29 PM
Once again Mckeon(Spelling??) has screwed us over.The second half penalty denial was absolutely outrageous, there was even a mark inside the penalty area where kelly dived.Dont know his name but the Bohs substitute came on and kicked the sh!t out of our players constantly but was he red carded, even after blatently pushing Georgie directlyin front of the 12th Bohs player.

CAnt blame everything on the ref though.Behan was absolutely brutal.What happened to him? he was so promising but he has just faded away.Georgie played well but it definatley wasnt his best football.Doyle played his heart out in the first half and was trying hard in the second half to.

Alot of clumsy balls.I know twas slippy but after 20 mins the players should get a hold on the ball.

Well done to Kearney,He can really kick a ball.

Counting Crow
20/09/2003, 9:40 AM
Have to say I was impressed with Kearney.

He really wanted to get involved and created a real buzz when he got possesion.

What a pity Flynny wasn't playing as we would have had 3 really good players on show ( including Georgie ).

Kearney really whips in good balls - the quality was excellent pity we didn't have anyone on the end of them.

I do fear for him though with his size - he is tiny and could get 7 shades of $hite kicked out of him by the likes of the Drogs, UCD and Longford.

Having given Casey some time I am now concerned about him. He needs a couple of good games under his belt now or he will end up like Hedderman.

patsh
20/09/2003, 9:45 AM
Behan was very poor, no real effort from him at all. Dolan should have subbed him at half time.
I thought most of the rest played well enough, we were well on top for the first half, about even in the second half, but no one to put the ball in the net, Flynnie a major loss.
Kevin Murray was quite impressive, in that he wasn't completely out of his depth. R. Doyle should have had 2 goals, our Doyler should have had 2. Georgie's free kicks were very poor, the goals were given away far too easily.
I was 20 feet from the Colin T incident. I did not think it was a foul, but McKeon obviously did, so it had to be a penalty. A poor performance from him again, nothing really done about the persisitent fouling outside the box, I felt Colin P was clearly pushed and what was the Dan booking for?
Lennox should seriously think about an official complaint about this guy. How come he gets to ref two games in a row?

It had the weird feeling about the game, like the season is petering out, nothing really to play for. There are a lot of points left, Europe is well within our reach but when are we going to get some sort of run going, where are we going to get that spark/stroke of luck/inspiration that we need desperately? :(

ccfcman
20/09/2003, 10:18 AM
1st bowez goal-offside
bowez keepers inertia took him a metre or more outside his area-and he was only yellow carded????
:ball: :ball: :ball:

thecorner
20/09/2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by ccfcman
1st bowez goal-offside
bowez keepers inertia took him a metre or more outside his area-and he was only yellow carded????

bowez first goal wasnt offside
if u know the rules, there mightnt have been any defender but he was behind the ball and the ball was played forward

we r miles behind bowez
we mite have had control of the game but the difference is they got one chance and scored,got a second chance and scored.

we had chance after chance and didnt talk them

one more thing
GLEN WHO??????

was their an irish international on show last nite
if so,i didnt see him

bohs til i die
20/09/2003, 12:31 PM
Bohs are not a one man team. We dont rely on Crowe and our two wins this week, scored 5, not one from Crowe proves this point.

patsh
20/09/2003, 1:38 PM
Originally posted by ccfcman
1st bowez goal-offside
Inertia means to be still, static, no movement.
I think you mean his momentum took him outside the area, and you are dead right, the "foul" was committed about 3 feet inside the the box. As I said already, McKeon must be complained about now. The 3 times this year he has been in charge of City games, he has been diabolical, giving terrible decisions against us and ignoring blatent fouls and penalties in our favour.

Just listening to Kenny on the radio, he thinks we had "one chance", we "never hurt them" and Bohs deserved to win. I acknowledge how good Bohs are and we did not put the ball in the net, but we dominated that game for long periods, Doyle had 2 near misses, Kearney got a great goal, we should have had 3 penalties and how Bohs finished with 11 men, only the assh*le ref knows why.
Kenny is a minging c*nt all the same...:rolleyes:

golly
20/09/2003, 7:31 PM
Kearney played well and theres more to come his size makes him what he is though a tricky little cnut. were just not in there class yes we can beat them but there a level above us. to compete with them were going to have to expand our wage structure our top earner is jof and micky on 1300 shels is 2200 and i suppose bohs is bout d same also their strength in depth look at some of the injuries they had and the players dey brought in they still outclassd us. we have the potential and d support its now time for some people to show us what they really want

d13bohs
20/09/2003, 9:16 PM
Just a point about the "support", lots of people there (apart from the uncovered bit, I suppose ot was raining:rolleyes: ), no ****ing noise though, Drogheda slagged us over the fact that we were quiet for a few minutes in the first half on Tuesday but lets be honest, Cork are without a doubt the least intimidating home crowd in Ireland (or even the world, lets cause some contraversy here:cool: )

A face
21/09/2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by golly
jof and micky on 1300 shels is 2200 and i suppose bohs is bout d same

Wrong !!

patsh
21/09/2003, 8:24 AM
Originally posted by d13bohs
Just a point about the "support", lots of people there (apart from the uncovered bit, I suppose ot was raining:rolleyes: ), no ****ing noise though, Drogheda slagged us over the fact that we were quiet for a few minutes in the first half on Tuesday but lets be honest, Cork are without a doubt the least intimidating home crowd in Ireland (or even the world, lets cause some contraversy here:cool: )

I suppose you think the 20-30 scumbags who manage a chant or two in the barn up in Dalymount is "intimidating"....
Go away ya total l@nger..........:rolleyes:

Eric
22/09/2003, 5:17 PM
Casey was total ****e on Friday night and he was ****e against UCD and has always been ****e!!!! Fair enough the man can cross a ball but thats about it. He's slow, doesn't take on defenders because even he knows he can't beat them, he doesn't track back and won't put in the effort.

Kearney put in a real good show when he came on. I admit he is small and that could be a problem, but he always seem to be thinking one step ahead to try and avoid the tackle. He whipped in some really good crosses and I think him and Flynny will work well together.

Superb goal too.

As for the crowd and the atmosphere, in my experience it is always fairly quiet at the X in the first half of games, we try but people don't join in. What more can we do!!!

As for saying we are the least intimidating home crowd.....what a load of ****e!!!! We're the only team in the eL that gets a home crowd!!!!!:D :D

curts82
23/09/2003, 8:06 AM
Originally posted by Eric
Casey was total ****e on Friday night and he was ****e against UCD and has always been ****e!!!! Fair enough the man can cross a ball but thats about it. He's slow, doesn't take on defenders because even he knows he can't beat them, he doesn't track back and won't put in the effort.

Kearney put in a real good show when he came on.

When Kearny came on and ran across the pitch he had done more than Casey had down whole first half and he won't move into a good position here

Schumi
23/09/2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Eric
As for saying we are the least intimidating home crowd.....what a load of ****e!!!! We're the only team in the eL that gets a home crowd!!!!!:D :D But the point is that the shed is the only part of the ground that sings and makes any noise. It's great getting 4-5,000 at the game but no more than about 100 or so actually sing.

NorthoftheLee
23/09/2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
It's great getting 4-5,000 at the game but no more than about 100 or so actually sing.

Thats still more than the UCD home crowd:D

pete
24/09/2003, 11:01 AM
Mc Keon is consistently ****e & its not a dub bias thing.

That was close to lowest home crowd of the season & almost as much as Bohs largest non-euro home crowd.

Yes, city support at the cross is not intimidating at all.

Cityace
24/09/2003, 2:23 PM
Originally posted by patsh
Inertia means to be still, static, no movement.

Inertia means to resist movement or force that will alter the state of the body.

razor
24/09/2003, 2:32 PM
Originally posted by Cityace
Inertia means to resist movement or force that will alter the state of the body.

Theres a lot of people would have altered the state of McKeons body if they had got hold of him last Friday night.
:mad:

patsh
24/09/2003, 5:40 PM
Originally posted by Cityace
2 weeks at college and he knows it all.....:rolleyes:

Inertia:
disposition to remain inactive or inert.
That property of matter by which it tends when at rest to remain so.
the tendency of a body at rest to remain at rest
Resistance or disinclination to motion, action, or change

Wait til I get you home.....;)

Cityace
24/09/2003, 6:23 PM
Originally posted by patsh
2 weeks at college and he knows it all.....:rolleyes:

Inertia:
disposition to remain inactive or inert.
That property of matter by which it tends when at rest to remain so.
the tendency of a body at rest to remain at rest
Resistance or disinclination to motion, action, or change

Wait til I get you home.....;)

Inertia=The tendency of a body to resist acceleration; the tendency of a body at rest to remain at rest or of a body in straight line motion to stay in motion in a straight line unless acted on by an outside force.
Resistance or disinclination to motion, action, or change: the inertia of an entrenched bureaucracy

Inert=Destitute of the power of moving itself, or of active resistance to motion; as, matter is inert.

Two weeks at CIT is worth a lifetime at UCC.

Ahem........