PDA

View Full Version : nothing changes

max power
19/09/2003, 9:41 AM
just listening to news talk this evening and there was an interview with pat dolan and i'd just like to say this, different team same $hit, if you had an interview with him last year at pats and just put in the work cork where pats was you would never have known the differnce, best supported club in ireland, but underage set up, blah, blah , blah !!!

if another club got more money and could be in charge if it, he would be off again with another club spouting the same rubbish but with different club name inserted.

ok he is passionate about irish football but pat is in it for pat, it takes a lot of fabic to make one of his suits and he'll follow the money trail and just tip ex his script to suit what part of the country he is in.

this is not a put down directed towards cork.

Shed End John
19/09/2003, 9:48 AM
Originally posted by max power
this is not a put down directed towards cork.

Fair enough, then. I have to admit as someone who REALLY welcomed Pats arrival at City, that the jury is still out. However, the early signs ARE somewhat encouraging. He has steadied City's ship no end, and has us well placed to qualify for Europe, something Liam Murphy would NEVER have managed.

The Donie Forde
19/09/2003, 9:55 AM
Originally posted by Shed End John
He has steadied City's ship no end, and has us well placed to qualify for Europe, something Liam Murphy would NEVER have managed.

Is that not factually incorrect? Metalurgs...

Donie

Schumi
19/09/2003, 9:59 AM
just listening to news talk this evening and there was an interview with pat dolan and i'd just like to say this, different team same $hit, if you had an interview with him last year at pats and just put in the work cork where pats was you would never have known the differnce, best supported club in ireland, but underage set up, blah, blah , blah !!! It was embarrassing to listen to. He ranted on for about 5 minutes about being called to Dublin [his emphasis] for EL disciplinary meeting or something and how this was terrible, how he loved Irish football and it was disgraceful that anyone could question that and on and on.

Shed End John
19/09/2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by The Donie Forde
Is that not factually incorrect? Metalurgs...

Donie

After half a season under different management. In subsequent campaigns when LM had a chance to hog all the plaudits for himself, he failed miserably........on every occasion.

max power
19/09/2003, 10:23 AM
i feel pat sees himself as a jebus like figure in irish soccer, i goes to cork and acts as if, i am here now my children, we are the best and dublin shall believe, blah blah blah.

the rubbish about being called to dublin and having his name cleared and loving irish soccer was painful to listen to, i think he is a money man and will do what keeps Pat happy at the end of the day. i tries to brain wash the media and supporters with his rubbish of love and belief etc.

as a business man he is second to none but put simpely he is two faced and not to go on about it but his dealings with other clubs re fixtures have not gone without notice, i don't think cork would have treated the other clubs this way if he wasn't there, he smiles at you while stabbing you in the stomach.

The Donie Forde
19/09/2003, 10:25 AM
After half a season under different management. In subsequent campaigns when LM had a chance to hog all the plaudits for himself, he failed miserably........on every occasion.

I'm only taking up your point re Murph + Europe, SEJ.

In fairness to him, he came in and pulled the team out of a dead and given up on season, finished on a 10-game unbeaten run and secured a Euro spot. I think that disproves your theory that he couldn't get a team into Europe, regardless of what he did/didn't achieve subsequently.

Murph has been slaughtered here on these boards, but let's not disregard the things that he did achieve. Also, I think it's worth pointing out that at the start of last season the team played some of the best football ever produced by any City side. That was Murph's team too, and ok it didn't work out at the end of the season but hey, there were good points to his time in charge and they should be acknowledged.

He also brought in JOF, GOC, Billy etc etc and deserves credit for that too.

Sure there were disappointing times, but there was a lot more than that too. So, credit where it's due...

Donie

James
19/09/2003, 10:25 AM
has us well placed to qualify for Europe, something Liam Murphy would NEVER have managed.
welcome back SEJ
we've missed your insight :)

- james

Shed End John
19/09/2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by The Donie Forde

Sure there were disappointing times, but there was a lot more than that too. So, credit where it's due...

Donie

And I do salute the achievements that you mentioned. But, fact was last season we played the best football in the league, at home and ONLY at home. LM got scared witless by the prospect of away games and the results bore that out.
Also, granted he hit a 10 game streak that landed us in Europe, but, and I've mentioned this already, when City were alot better poised in subsequent campaigns, LM screwed up. ROYALLY!!

niamh
19/09/2003, 11:15 AM
Yup. Some of those away from home performances were scary alrite weren't they John? U have a point.

Shed End John
19/09/2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by niamh
Yup. Some of those away from home performances were scary alrite weren't they John? U have a point.

Scary can't even begin to describe it. Plus, there was the utter humiliation of it all.

James
19/09/2003, 11:25 AM
Scary can't even begin to describe it. Plus, there was the utter humiliation of it all.

i agree with you SEJ, i remember last season twas a nightmare watching those matches

The Donie Forde
19/09/2003, 11:29 AM
And I do salute the achievements that you mentioned. But, fact was last season we played the best football in the league, at home and ONLY at home. LM got scared witless by the prospect of away games and the results bore that out.
Also, granted he hit a 10 game streak that landed us in Europe, but, and I've mentioned this already, when City were alot better poised in subsequent campaigns, LM screwed up. ROYALLY!!

SEJ, you stated he couldn't get us into Europe - that was incorrect. I have no intention of getting involved in the whole other quagmire. There are plenty of anti-Murph's on here and the whole thing was well played out often enough and anyway I'm not here to defend him.
Let's not flog it again, but you know, he did take a team to Europe...he may not have done it every season he was there - you're right about that - but he did, nevertheless, do it.

Donie

niamh
19/09/2003, 11:33 AM

And there were so many. Bohs around Christmas time when we were played off the park. Watched, bored to tears as Pats and Longford made City look so bad.

U should have been in Bray tho John, when we actually won an away match. Jumping around like lunatics we were.

James
19/09/2003, 11:34 AM
LM got scared witless by the prospect of away games and the results bore that out.

he wasnt the only one :D

niamh
19/09/2003, 11:41 AM
Yeah....the agony of knowing there was another away match lurking at the end of the week...:(

Peadar
19/09/2003, 12:11 PM
if another club got more money and could be in charge if it, he would be off again

Who's this Max Power joker, coming on here stirring shít?
Someone should block his Internet access...

max power
19/09/2003, 12:45 PM
shame on you. the problem would be getting this pc working to block anything, some crowd of fools were playing with it this morning and ever since its in a world of its own, migration me hole !!!

Peadar
19/09/2003, 1:34 PM
some crowd of fools were playing with it this morning

Maybe you should raise a call with the helpdesk?
I could always contact your manager and get him/her to find some work for you to be doing.

Leave Dolan alone.

max power
19/09/2003, 1:58 PM
i can't leave him alone, if i do he'll eat all the cakes, i rang the helpdesk in 1994, still waiting for the call to be returned.

i have lots to do i just can't be bothered doing it.

Pat MacGroyne
20/09/2003, 3:28 PM
When Murphy got us into Europe I think at one stage relegation was beckoning. I hated the man but In my eyes he turned relegation into Europe that year cos if We stuck with Mountfield wed have Beaten Cobh a few times more by now

pete
24/09/2003, 10:21 AM
No one listens to Dolan anymore so no point debating it.

If Dolan manages to erase some of the Cork inferiority (yes it does exist) complex than all his rants will have done something good.