PDA

View Full Version : 50 Steps...

thedoyler
30/08/2008, 3:04 PM
I think this is a good idea i've already suggested relatively simple things for next season like painting the Dart side seats green for next season, I feel now we are relatively safe that we should be planning small things for next season. The small things can go a long way eg the reopening of the hill would be a start with supervision as stewards were never really in great numbers there especially on the shop side. Im tired of suggesting big things like seeing if a stand like kilkennys would be good behing the dublin end perhaps the club will now really take on board what we say and get a few things done.

Seagull
30/08/2008, 3:11 PM
I think this is a good idea i've already suggested relatively simple things for next season like painting the Dart side seats green for next season, I feel now we are relatively safe that we should be planning small things for next season. The small things can go a long way eg the reopening of the hill would be a start with supervision as stewards were never really in great numbers there especially on the shop side. Im tired of suggesting big things like seeing if a stand like kilkennys would be good behing the dublin end perhaps the club will now really take on board what we say and get a few things done.

How about jerseys being available in the club shop and on the website? As for the website, scrap it, simplify it, make it usable.

thedoyler
30/08/2008, 3:16 PM
http://www.ifgrounds.com/buckleypark01.jpg

Just Imagine green seats with white letters.....One can dream! But seriously that was nearly all paid for by lotto money, just a case of us getting the right grant. We need a new facilities plan, an introduction of a bar could be a good money spinner. But it would be nice for the club to tell us their plan, hypothetically lets say: Dec 2009: roof on dart side. Jan 2010: Start of construction of bar pending government grant. It'd be nice to know, i'm forever hearing people say oh i'd go down if the facilities were better. I'm only a student but ill pledge 100 euro to the build the roof fund right here right now....

Seagull-4-life
31/08/2008, 9:35 PM
its a step in the right direction for sure

Green&whitearmy
01/09/2008, 4:32 PM
from what I've heard, they will not be putting a roof over the dart side because of something to do with the proposed new luas line(if it happens) going to the dart station, it might have to cut through the back of the ground(training end) and past the end of the stand.

i think the ground needs to redeveloped as soon as possible, its a kip, get rid of the bank, get rid of the tent and get rid of the training pitch, just build on it. if the facilities do get better it will attract people, why would people want to go and sit in a tent on a friday night??????????

thedoyler
01/09/2008, 6:00 PM
I got to thinkin today, why not a scoreboard like galways? Simple, effective and from what someone said to me down there not that expensive. Surely sponsorship could cover it? Or perhaps the FAI could broker a deal with a company where all clubs or at least those interested could get one at a discount price. To be taken seriously by the general public even simple steps like that could go a long way.

BrayUnknowns
02/09/2008, 8:09 AM
from what I've heard, they will not be putting a roof over the dart side because of something to do with the proposed new luas line(if it happens) going to the dart station, it might have to cut through the back of the ground(training end) and past the end of the stand.

i think the ground needs to redeveloped as soon as possible, its a kip, get rid of the bank, get rid of the tent and get rid of the training pitch, just build on it. if the facilities do get better it will attract people, why would people want to go and sit in a tent on a friday night??????????

is the whole idea of this 50 steps thing not to be nice easy ideas? "build a new stadium" nice and simple :D

More advertising of games, like in with one of the papers and run adverts in it