PDA

View Full Version : Champons 2008/2009

inmoscow
29/08/2008, 9:41 PM
After watching that display tonight,and considering how we threw away daft points early in the season[penalties&goalkeeping erorrs primeraly]this side are going to become serious title contenders next year.For the first time in memory,there seems to be an energy and tempo,not to mind a bench about the place.get down to paddy powers and get some dracma on!

gael353
29/08/2008, 10:25 PM
Hoi thouught you wernt going to be there. Great game overall and we bossed it throughout even though dundalk are a good team. YOur right we're getting strong on the field but getting stronger off it with the people who run the club. Others will falter around us and we shall rise.

L37Ultra
29/08/2008, 11:04 PM
Ya hopefully we can hold onto the majority of this squad for next season. Its obvious the things they are doing off the pitch which will really help for the future. Young players like Sheehan, Walshe and Tierney and Hughes should be signed up for next season now. With a few players from the U-20's this year breaking through it will be a very strong squad next year. Is it true the club are planning on doubling the wage budget for next season. It will be tough though with 3 Premier clubs are three of the top four of Fingal, Waterford, Dundalk and Shelbourne still in the League. The future is bright IMO.

Monkfish
30/08/2008, 10:19 PM
3 Prem team along with 3 out of Shels/Dundalk/Fingal/Waterford should ensure we DONT go up next year even IF we keep on to the squad we have.
Great performance against Dundalk but time for a reality check fellas.

Sorry. :)

sadloserkid
31/08/2008, 11:02 AM
3 Prem team along with 3 out of Shels/Dundalk/Fingal/Waterford should ensure we DONT go up next year even IF we keep on to the squad we have.

Nail on head. Only one up next season too I believe? Takes nothing away from the performance though and we should definitely be closer next season.

holidaysong
31/08/2008, 1:51 PM
Nail on head. Only one up next season too I believe?

One up automatically but 2nd and 3rd also playoff to go into a promotion/relegation playoff like last season.

sadloserkid
01/09/2008, 9:54 AM
One up automatically but 2nd and 3rd also playoff to go into a promotion/relegation playoff like last season.

Much more fun. :)

Lim till i die
02/09/2008, 10:05 PM

I would expect to challenge strongly for top three next season IF we keep it together off the field and IF we keep the squad together and add maybe three players. I means lets look at the shake up:

Waherfurr wont have a pot to pi$$ in next year if they don't go up.

$hels are nothing special when you boil it down and I see no reason why that would change.

Cobh will be Cobh if they come down.

Galway is a disaster zone and nothing surer than the fact that they will be muck their first year down if they go down.

Harps wont have a pot to pi$$ in if they come down.

Mon are perenially crap

Ditto Kildare

Wexford are Wexford

Longford are a shambles

Athlone are a shambles on steroids

If we add two or three decent players to what we have I'll be expecting top three the more I think about it.

Absolutely nothing that could happen in the club would lead SLK to tip us to challenge for anything ever.

EVER.

So don't mind him :p

joeSoap
03/09/2008, 10:11 AM
By the same token, the likes of Galway, Cobh, Athlone, Shels, Waterford, Longford, Finn Harps could say the very same things about us. Facts are:

We don't have a pot to pi$$ in either or a ground to call home.

The only consistency in the club is our inconsistency

We too, have been perenially crap over the past 15 years.

We have been a shambles of a club.

Whilst our intentions are right and we seem to be progressing, this has all happened before. At least all of the aforementioned clubs have tasted Premier football in the recent past (Athlone 1996) so they have one up on us from that perspective.

I think it totally unrealistic to expect promotion next season, let alone champoin status. Steady progress, and maybe the following season.

KevB76
03/09/2008, 9:50 PM
I think it totally unrealistic to expect promotion next season, let alone champoin status. Steady progress, and maybe the following season.

You can keep your realism Mr.Soap. Its all about the dragons, wizards and fairytales :)

Lim till i die
03/09/2008, 10:13 PM
By the same token, the likes of Galway, Cobh, Athlone, Shels, Waterford, Longford, Finn Harps could say the very same things about us. Facts are:

In fairness I put in the two big IFS for a reason man :)