PDA

View Full Version : Interview with George

NorthoftheLee
19/09/2003, 8:16 AM
Big Interview with George in todays Mirror by Greg Doyle. He talks a bit about Cork Hurling, Port Vale, City & Johnny and worryingly the old "I want to stay at City but I'll do what is right for George" statement was there again.........

Brian if you are reading this... "Give the Man the money!"

razor
19/09/2003, 10:05 AM
I would agree with doing everything in our power to keep George but it must be within reason.

I don't know what they ae but if his demands are extreme then we should not be held out to ransom.

No player is bigger than the club.

Shed End John
19/09/2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by razor
No player is bigger than the club.

Agreed. But, City without George? About as nice a prospect as looking down the barrel of a gun!

niamh
19/09/2003, 11:01 AM
It is easy for us to say give the man what he wants because it's not our money and we don't have to run the entire football club on a certain budget.

Shed End John
19/09/2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by niamh
It is easy for us to say give the man what he wants because it's not our money and we don't have to run the entire football club on a certain budget.

Entirely correct. However, this kind of f***ing about on City's part only serves to rubbish the perception of City as a big club. Big clubs have big resources, and aren't afraid to splash some cash when and where it's justified, and george more than justifies it.

fella
19/09/2003, 3:57 PM
Lads, I know I'm not really saying anything new here but I work with a shels fan that's fairly well connected there and he was saying just the other day how confident they are of getting George at the end of the season. He was suggesting that talk over in Tolka is that some sort of provisional figures have been bandied about and have been well received by the relevant people on Leeside. He swore he wasn't pulling my leg and this is a serious runner.

George if you're out there please please don't go and Brian & Pat if you're reading this please give the man the cash the last few months have proven how valuable georgie is to us. I only hope all parties involved take a look at the bigger picture :

A) That George doesn't move for the sake of anything less that say min of €600 a month as anything less wouldn't cover the increased cost of living up here (I couldn't put a figure on the compensation required for having to listen to "how ya's" all day every day!!). I do fear that the gulf in money is a lot wider at present though, hopefully city would address this in light of any concrete offers.

B) That the club doesn't look to simply penny pinch on a contract offer. Obviously they have to work within a budget and an overall wage structure but it shouldn't take too much imagination to work out and equitable deal which does acknowledge the true worth of George to the club both him being a great player and a flamboyant character that has and will continue to attract new fans to the cross.

I can only watch on and hope that we can hold on Georgie although I must admit I'm a worried man. Best of luck to George & co tonight.

thecorner
20/09/2003, 1:43 AM
georgie is a bigger player than flynny and if we lose him it is definitly a disaster

hope we dont lose him but judging 2nite he deserves better

WHAT A LOAD OF SH!T

ccfcman
20/09/2003, 10:25 AM
george is turning into a bit of a beckham at the mo and thatll have to be kerbed
:ball: :ball: :ball:

golly
20/09/2003, 7:18 PM
i thought he was excellent last nite he looked like a l@nger though coz behan didnt make the runs dat flynny would make for him and he was trying to do evrything himself coz no one around was good enough to help him GIVE HIM WHAT HE WANTS HE IS WORTH IT

curts82
22/09/2003, 3:07 PM
Originally posted by golly
he was trying to do evrything himself coz no one around was good enough to help him GIVE HIM WHAT HE WANTS HE IS WORTH IT

George is not City!!!!!!
We could of done a lot better if he passed more last Friday night.
Going on that performance he wasn't worth it no.
Lennox shouldn't be held to ransom either.
Does anyone know who is the highest payed and what that is??

golly
22/09/2003, 4:45 PM
mickey and jof are on 1300. who was george going to pass it ta the useless cnuts like greg is it whod lose the ball and fcuk evrything up. why do u only comment on george when he has a poor or average game u go all quiet when hes on top form u moaning cnut. george mightend have played dat well friday he was still head and shoulders above evry1 else on d city team

patsh
22/09/2003, 5:18 PM
Originally posted by curts82

We could of done a lot better if he passed more last Friday night.
Going on that performance he wasn't worth it no.

Are you for real, ya l@nger?
Going on his performance???:confused:
What game were you at?

Cityace
22/09/2003, 6:14 PM
He seems to have gotten a bit over confident alright with the flicks and he's trying them where he should be playing simple direct football.

Golly, agree 100%.george cant lay the ball on and make the runs.Behan was shockint and besides doyle (who made every effort) there wasnt much choice.

I say give him 3/4 of the wage he wants, a space out front of the cross and abracadabra vouchers.That would keep anyone here.

curts82
23/09/2003, 8:15 AM
Originally posted by patsh
Are you for real, ya l@nger?
Going on his performance???:confused:
What game were you at?

He tryed everything HIMSELF. It was ****. There were players in better positions and and that wooful shot???

He did have an unreal game against Rovers and Drogehda but hes not been consistent after that

Patsh?? You a shed fan??