PDA

View Full Version : Front page caching?

dahamsta
08/06/2001, 4:42 PM
Is it just me or is the front page caching since I made the changes this morning? When I come on the site, the same threads are highlighted, even after logging out or clearing the cookies. Please say it's just me!

adam

joe
08/06/2001, 4:56 PM
just you i think, well it doesn't seem to be happening here anyway.

James
08/06/2001, 4:57 PM
i got it as well
although i thought it was always like that from day 1
if i log-in in the morn and keep pressing F5 then i normally get the same threads in yellow for that day no matter i read them or not.
its only on closing the browser and then reopening a new one that it kicks in again properly

james

pete
08/06/2001, 5:03 PM
Works fine for me as long as I logout first.

refreshing doesn't seem to do much in terms of active/new threads though............

dahamsta
08/06/2001, 5:47 PM
Hmmm, weird that. I know that the site isn't working like the UBB, in that it doesn't mark threads as read once you've clicked onto them, but that's just the way the app is designed, and I'll be looking into a hack for it later.

I think the problem may stem from the fact that I have the site running on a few domain names at the moment, which might be confusing it. Maybe it'll work out when we migrate to the new domain name.

Which, I might add, has just been added to the IE root zone file and announced to the Internet. Yahoo! :)

adam

James
08/06/2001, 5:52 PM
nice to hear you got it!

this can only be good news for footie in ireland !!

james

[Edited by adam, because James doesn't know the difference between "hinting" and "telling someone". :)]

dcfc89
09/06/2001, 10:22 AM
I just checked what .ie domains had been registered over the last 7 days - and if your new domain name, is what I think it is, then well done! Excellent name :D Very easy to remember.