PDA

View Full Version : Roddy

Neil
01/06/2001, 7:48 PM
Roddy Collins - what a dope!

Fair enough, the guy has ambition to make it to the very top, but a bit of common sense has to be used aswell. Surely another season with Bohs would have made more sense. He was very lucky to win the league and Cup with Bohs this season, so really he has no right to be expecting any big offers. He seems to be itching for the managers job at Barnet in the English 4th Division!, I don't get him!!

joe
01/06/2001, 10:26 PM
He wasn't the only manager to be sacked in somewhat controversial circumstances in recent time though!

James
02/06/2001, 12:07 PM
he's wasnt really sacked was he.
i thought his contract had expired and roddy just never turned up for contract talks so they said fine we dont want you any more.
therefore any talks of him getting compo are rediculous as he was out of contract

james

A face
04/06/2001, 3:46 AM
Do you think you think it looks good from another clubs perspective, english or otherwise that Roddy didn't turn up for meetings, and it seems they provided a very good package for him, really going out of their way to keep him on board but he still didn't take it, he was on a week to week contract, which were his terms so that says it all really. He just ddin't want to be there.

I tihnk it was a bad move on his part because he now isn't in the shop window so to speak, he has done really well, and it looked like there was a good bit more to come as well, but now it just ain't to be.

Any news of a replacement yet, at least it is at the start of the summer unlike Cork City last year and Colin Murphy's exit.

pete
05/06/2001, 12:10 PM
Apparantly Roddy is now saying he might return to his plastering business :p

For all his failings Roddy get some publicity for the eL & by forcing Bohs towards professionalism would have forced other clubs to follow if they wanted success.

All said though Roddy has fecked up & hasn't a hope of getting any job in england above conference level on the basis of 1 very good season with Bohs. If he stayed nexy year & did well in europe maybe he'd have a better looking CV. :eek:

EddieL
05/06/2001, 12:52 PM
As a Pats supporter I had no hesitation in congratulating a Bohs fan in work on their momentious double,there's no doubt they are the best team in Ireland at the moment.However,for me Collns' methods were very questionable,for example refusing to play us at a crucial stage of the season (opting instead to play a LSC match so that certain players could serve suspensions)There are other instances I could mention but it would take too long.Suffice to say that he appears to have gone too far with his games and even alienated his own board.I say "good riddance Roddy" and stick to your plastering business.

Gav
06/06/2001, 12:02 AM
Collins didn't walk out, let's get that clear.

A face
08/06/2001, 2:51 AM
Either way he is gone, and it looks like it is back to plastering, he was a good face for the media though, by this i mean he done well with them, it is like they took to him, not now though, why couldn't he have sorted it out with the club, with the year he had ahead of him. A shame is all i'll say ......... maybe he and bohs aren't up to it. Bohs fans are quite now ....... maybe they have had their time too !!!!