3. St Pats
    4. Shamrock Rvs
    5. UCD
    6. Bray + 10
    7. Drogheda + 20
    8 Dundalk + 30

9. Cork
    10.Derry

See where Im heading to. Cork/Derry only real away trips. Imagine English Premier with 2 away trips a season....
    It's 12 teams from next year. Bray, Dundalk and Drogheda are not Dublin. How many supporters do they have living in Dublin? Also Waterford, Longford and Sligo will be in the Premier next year.

Dublin has a higher population ratio than the rest of the country- that's why there's more teams there, though I think it should be less but for reasons that are different than yours.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DmanDmythDledge View Post
    It's 12 teams from next year. Bray, Dundalk and Drogheda are not Dublin. How many supporters do they have living in Dublin? Also Waterford, Longford and Sligo will be in the Premier next year.

Dublin has a higher population ratio than the rest of the country- that's why there's more teams there, though I think it should be less but for reasons that are different than yours.
    I dont think he was saying bray dundalk and drogheda were in dublin, he was only pointing out that they are fairly close to it, meaning the dublin clubs wouldnt have to travel very far.. And hes right!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj Duffer View Post
    I dont think he was saying bray dundalk and drogheda were in dublin, he was only pointing out that they are fairly close to it, meaning the dublin clubs wouldnt have to travel very far.. And hes right!
    Well if thats your logic then cobh shouldnt get in either as they are beside cork and finn harps shouldnt get in as they are close to sligo and Derry

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Louth4sam View Post
    Well if thats your logic then cobh shouldnt get in either as they are beside cork and finn harps shouldnt get in as they are close to sligo and Derry
    Just ta let ya know cork city are the only other league of ireland club in cork We have to travel fairly long distances for every other game.. And for finn harps, derry and sligo are the only ones near to them, they have to travel long distances for every other game.. Theres too many clubs from dublin and near dublin.. But thats just the way it is! Im only pointing that out..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i dont know why galway fans are getting carried away as they're fairly shocking, hoofing the ball all day and if they do get in it will only be because of their location in the country. and even though i share the opinion of too many dublin teams, UCD deserve to be there as they consistantly perform on the pitch, with a tiny budget its a credit to them. off the pitch they might struggle with the criteria.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by depor View Post
    i dont know why galway fans are getting carried away as they're fairly shocking, hoofing the ball all day and if they do get in it will only be because of their location in the country. and even though i share the opinion of too many dublin teams, UCD deserve to be there as they consistantly perform on the pitch, with a tiny budget its a credit to them. off the pitch they might struggle with the criteria.
    Not saying they dont deserve to be there football wise.All Im saying is at the moment its like a Dublin League or 30 mile radius of Dublin with exception of a couple of teams.Also FAI's master ideal plan probably suggested by Genesis also, would be the following area locations would generate better attendances due to 4 or 5 Country wide local Derbys instead of always Dublin local Derbys helping Dublin Clubs attendance wise but not other National Clubs.Imagine if UCD had no local Derbys next year at all.Would they progress or even survive financially?
    1 Limerick
    1 Galway
    1 Waterford
    1 Sligo
    1 Longford
    1 Dundalk
    1 Drogheda
    1 Derry
    2 teams in Cork county (largest county and second largest City population wise)
    3 Dublin (largest Population)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12