Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Club Licensing News

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Club Licensing News

This is taken from the FAI Winter Newsletter on Club Licensing Issues, i just thought it might need a thread of its own.

Club Licensing News

The process for awarding Licences to eircom League clubs for the 2006 domestic season is well underway with all
    twenty two applications currently being reviewed. Safety and infrastructure audits are taking place at every ground
    during this month while clubs have until 31st December 2005 to submit their accounting documentation to the Club
    Licensing Department. The FAI Club Licensing Committee will meet in the week of 23rd January 2006 to consider
    clubs’ licence applications with any appeals being determined in early February
    , thereby affording the eircom
    League sufficient time to prepare the fixture schedule for next season.

Now that the 2005 season has finished many clubs have commenced infrastructure works to improve their grounds
    in time for the start of next season with the help of Sports Capital Grants announced by the Department of Arts, Sport
    and Tourism earlier this year. In a further significant development of the UEFA Club Licensing System, UEFA has published a revised version of the UEFA Club Licensing Manual which will come into force for the 2008 season. The new manual represents a further step in the achievement of higher quality standards at both club and national association level.

The four clubs qualifying for UEFA club competitions next year are Cork City, Derry City, Drogheda United and
    Shelbourne and their applications for UEFA Licences will be considered prior to the 31st May 2006 deadline.
    Last edited by A face; 01/01/2006 at 8:50 PM.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Interesting to see how Drogheda will fare on the UEFA Licensing front..........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Reckon it willall end in the now annual fudge by the FAI......The four europeans reps will probably fail, then appeal and be granted the license on appeal....
    Same goes for the league licenses, its time for the FAI to stop taking the p1ss and implement this thing properly or forget about it......If teams don't reach the minimum standards, then fcuk them out* of the league, even if it means there are only 6 teams left...it may even excellerate an all-Ireland league..

*includes Bohs if necesarry

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRedArmy
    Interesting to see how Drogheda will fare on the UEFA Licensing front..........

Why is that?
    DAN CONNOR HATES CITY, HE HATES LANGERS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo
    Why is that?
    I could be wrong, but I would imagine United Park will have trouble meeting the UEFA infrastructure standards.

Cause its a kip.

The other 3 European participants have received UEFA approval within the last few years so hopefully should be fine this year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I could be wrong, but I would imagine United Park will have trouble meeting the UEFA infrastructure standards.

Cause its a kip.

The other 3 European participants have received UEFA approval within the last few years so hopefully should be fine this year.
    The vice chairman has said in the papers that we will be playing our european matches in Dublin so no problems there

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    The vice chairman has said in the papers that we will be playing our european matches in Dublin so no problems there
    Theres ambition for ya.

No dublin club has qualified for CL or Uefa Cup so none of them will need to apply for 2006 Uefa competition licence. Lets say Drogs pick Tolka & it fails to meet the criteria what do they do then? Do Shels get freebie grant from FAI to improve their ground for another teams games?

Last edited by pete; 03/01/2006 at 9:54 AM.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete
    Theres ambition for ya.
    What? (fail to see your point? ) Nominating a ground thats UEFA standard (United park obviously isn't - tolka and dalyer have already been passed last season) so unless they decide to f**k up their stadiums between the end of last season to the start of this season??) so that you can compete in the Europan competition that you qualified for while waiting for your new all seater sports complex to be built?

Yeah, obviously a lack of ambition. Would be more of a lack of ambition is we couldnt hold on to our players from overseas clubs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Didn't know that. Dalyier or Tolka should be fine for a few rounds anyway,as the have regularly met the requirements in previous years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    so unless they decide to f**k up their stadiums between the end of last season to the start of this season??
    Well they decided to play shíte football in the last season so anything is possible me thinks !!
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    So basically Shamrock Rovers will be in the Premier Division next year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Drogheda could always move to Lansdowne if it's a big game. For the first games it's usually an opponent from Kazachstan, Moldova, Faroe Islands or so, and then even United Park could hold the crowd. For bigger games, why not moving to Lansdowne like Shels did when Deportivo and Lille came to play us?
    Visit my favourite teams :

www.kvo.be - www.shelbournefc.ie - www.rosenborg.info

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuy
    So basically Shamrock Rovers will be in the Premier Division next year.
    actually its more like you will all be in the first with us.

in the interests of fairness, everone without a tax cert starts at -8 points

unless they fudge the issue....

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,348 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit
    For the first games it's usually an opponent from Kazachstan, Moldova, Faroe Islands or so, and then even United Park could hold the crowd.
    United Park wouldn't come near UEFA standards - it's one of the worst grounds in the league (though obviously they are doing something about it).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit
    Drogheda could always move to Lansdowne if it's a big game. For the first games it's usually an opponent from Kazachstan, Moldova, Faroe Islands or so, and then even United Park could hold the crowd. For bigger games, why not moving to Lansdowne like Shels did when Deportivo and Lille came to play us?
    Have you been to United Park?! Its very unlikely to meet UEFA standards.

And as for the opponents will come from, (Derry and Drogheda), based on Bert Kassis latest update, UEFA q1 seeded teams are currently:
    Lillestrom - Norway
    OB - Denmark
    Viborg - Denmark
    Haka - Finland
    Ventspils - Latvia
    Atvidabergs - Sweden
    Goteborg - Sweden
    HJK - Finland
    Skonto Riga - Latvia
    Kaunas - Lithuania
    Suduva - Lithuania

As neither Irish team is seeded we don't get the Faroes, Welsh or Estonian teams this year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Apart from the RSC and Finn Park, I have visited all grounds in last year's EL. Including United Park.

I agree, it's a disgrace. But I don't think a game versus a club from Finland, Faroes, Latvia or Luxembourg would bring a crowd that is big enough to consider a move needed. United Park looks very bad compared to what one sees in Europe, but it can hold a couple of thousands (3000 capacity ? My estimating may be wrong) if it's really packed, and I don't see any of their first round opponents bring that nr.
    Their floodlights seem okay, so it'd surprise me if that would bother UEFA. For the first qualifying round the standards are often not taken too strict anyway, I recall a UEFA Cup game in Tallinn played on a ground that's smaller than Belfield...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    UEFA games have to be all-seater.
    No standing allowed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Yes, United Park would need more seats to hold this match, but the stadium is far from being a disgrace as can be seen by many members of this forum voting it their favourite away ground.

Dilapidated for sure but hardly a disgrace

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Cause its a kip.

I don't know - the debt is gone, the team are full time, the directors are razor sharp business men, a big trophy is finally won. We have progressed immensely from where we were when Mr Roddy launched his one man campaign against us.
    In 2007 we will be playing in the best ground in the league so let me ask you -what will you be whinging about then .....

On a small point of note - United Park is up to UEFA standards. We could play our games there if we want to. Of course we would only get 400 at the game it would just mean closing off sections off the ground - has that been done recently by any of the other Euro contenders??? or even eircom league contenders???
    Hunky Dorys Park - could be worse, we could be going to Old Trafford every other week

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I have definitely seen UEFA games in grounds that did not even have a stand.

I recall, about 5 years ago, Flora Tallinn playing FC Bruges. The ground had no stand at all, only a dressing room building. There were 30 spectators, and the only ones seated were the neighbours who watched it from their garden (as the fence around the ground was maximum half a meter high).
    UEFA still allowed it somehow.

Beginning to doubt now if it was Flora or another team from the same city, but it was definitely in Tallinn, Estonia.

And, fencing off parts of the ground has been done. Bohs did it when playing Gent in the Intertoto, only the main stand and the seated stand behind the one goal were opened.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast