Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: TV3s Sports Tonight - Rovers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

TV3s Sports Tonight - Rovers

Did anyone see the piece on Rovers tonight ... the lad from the 400 club spoke very well, good stuff ..... good to see Molloy is staying ... he'll have a great year in the first.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Caught the end of it - what is it with TV3 constantly starting their evening programmes following the news about 5mins earlier than advertised ?? Just changed the advertised times, ffs !

Seemed to be a good piece alright, and great that it was top of the bill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve
    great that it was top of the bill.
    I think that is brilliant, poll position is definitely a vote of confidence alright, fair play !!
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face
    I think that is brilliant, poll position is definitely a vote of confidence alright, fair play !!

Maybee TV3 might sponsor the league after eircom
    heres hoping
    when does eircom's sponsorship come up for renewal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Block G Raptor
    Maybee TV3 might sponsor the league after eircom
    heres hoping
    when does eircom's sponsorship come up for renewal
    Jebus, i dunno .... if eircom go then i'd hope someone bigger than them will step in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face
    Jebus, i dunno .... if eircom go then i'd hope someone bigger than them will step in.
    At least TV3 can be guaranteed to promote the league and what better media than television to carry out this promotion plus we'd see plenty of live games then but probably at a reduced tv revenue rate

Doesn't matter how big the company is if they are not bothered to promote the league what have eircom ever done for the league other than christen the damn thing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    how about setanta sponsoring the league...
    i really think they could be to irish football what sky was to the premiership...

what we need is a media organisation that will champion irish football, and with a pay per view station they are looking for subscriptions to their service- thus they spend a lot on promoting their programming..

not meaning to bring this thread off topic, but looking at setanta, and their involvement in irish football to date, they seem to be trying to foreward the idea of an all ireland premier league, which they, of course would have exclusive access to. that could be the kick start this league needs..

all of this is of course purely theoretical (and probably only in my head) but anyways i still feel that setanta and irish soccer can be potentially hugely beneficial to each other...
    arent we all just magic little monkeys...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    on a side note, i think eircoms influence on the LOI has been more negative than positive. the overall bad feeling there is towards eircom has to be rubbing off on the league.. it cant be good for the league to be associated with them money grabbing rip off merchants
    arent we all just magic little monkeys...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Eircom don't even have a link to any league websites on their homepage ffs. Ideally, I'd be hoping that a major company would see an opportunity along the lines of Bank of Ireland Gaelic, AIB rugby or Guinness hurling. Certainly the rewards that could be reaped on both sides would be worth it. It'd be great if someone like Vodafone took it on!
    Foot.ie's entire existence is predicated on the average idiot's inability to ignore other idiots

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Block G Raptor
    Doesn't matter how big the company is if they are not bothered to promote the league what have eircom ever done for the league other than christen the damn thing

It matters how much they will pay .... thats what sponsorship is about. The league can also setup a deal with media groups aswell .... there is nothing to stop that happening .... but as the main anchor sponsor, you ideally want a company that will give loads of cash.

eircom could be doing alot more alright .... but (i'd imagine so anyway) are fulfilling their side of the bargain by giving the sponsorship to the league. It would obviously be in the leagues interest if the plastered it all over everything they do but that is not what they signed up for i'd imagine, they signed up to be plastered over everything that the league does. It is them that should be asking if there is enough plastering or not !!
    Last edited by A face; 29/11/2005 at 5:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    what exactly are eircom obliged to do that they arent?
    the cover of every phone book was good exposure.
    it is the job of the FAI/EL to promote the league, not the job of the sponsor, who are there to, well, sponsor.
    people need to stop whining about every single little thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Promotion of the league should be a joint ventrue with the sponsor and the governing body putting some effort in. Gaelic football for example - guinness publicise the sport through their ads and the G.A.A do their own promotion.

Just because you know the First division will get no publicity doesn't mean us premier fans can't search for more
    "The Derry fans were fantastic in both matches. They sang their hearts out all the time and created an even better atmosphere than the Cup Final. They were brilliant. - David Graham, Gretna striker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Speranza

Just because you know the First division will get no publicity doesn't mean us premier fans can't search for more
    Something tells me the first division will get alot more media attention next season!

Koh
    Thomas Davis have said they will be the last man standing, they were WRONG!!

SRFC will NEVER die!!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DvB
    Something tells me the first division will get alot more media attention next season!
    Maybe...but have you noticed Rovers only get media attention when they in trouble? The Indo gives feck all eL coverage but its been swamped with Rovers coverage all this week because of the relegation...
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete
    Maybe...but have you noticed Rovers only get media attention when they in trouble? The Indo gives feck all eL coverage but its been swamped with Rovers coverage all this week because of the relegation...
    Ah but pete the indo group hates Rovers so they only print stuff when its negative. There was a herald photographer outside Quinns friday ffs

KOH