Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roddy

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Roddy

Did yis hear the ****e coming from Roddy after the match? That bolox shouldn't be let near any media covering eL games. People'll start thinking 'Jayzus, if one of their own is saying this, it must be ****.' Luckily Bill and Pat put him in his place a fair bit, but if he's doing a lone interview, what'll people think. I'ld love to put Pat Dolan beside him and let him get eaten alive.

Roddy is a *****.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    whatd he say?
    for the benefıt of those ın ıslamıc countrıes and such
    Your Chairperson,
    Gavin
    Membership Advisory Board
    "Ex Bardus , Vicis"

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Basically he just had a go at the league for the entire time. He said we've made no progress since Bohs beat Kaiserslauten which is obvious bolox. He also said we're not going to get any further than where we are now cause the infrastructure isn't there. It was the bit about us not having progressed since Kaiserslauten that ****ed me off. He was generally saying the league was ****e though, saying Cork should've been stuffed by about 5 goals, which is bolox aswell. And that Irish teams can't compete at any level in Europe. Like I said, he's a *****.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShelsTim
    Basically he just had a go at the league for the entire time. He said we've made no progress since Bohs beat Kaiserslauten which is obvious bolox. He also said we're not going to get any further than where we are now cause the infrastructure isn't there. It was the bit about us not having progressed since Kaiserslauten that ****ed me off. He was generally saying the league was ****e though, saying Cork should've been stuffed by about 5 goals, which is bolox aswell. And that Irish teams can't compete at any level in Europe. Like I said, he's a *****.
    I had no problem saying what he did - he had a point and was half right by saying weve hit a brick wall now and its a massive jump to the next level and we wont get there unless theres big changes- weve progressed but not that much - good job by rte tonight - was good craic hearing rico live from his hospital bed

Hard luck to cork too - one of 2 players let them down tonight and ye cant afford to have any player playing below par at this stage - will be a struggle to get the required result in cork to go through but would still fancy them not to get beaten anyway

Btw youre probably one of these people that get wound up over dunphy too Lighten up
    DAN CONNOR HATES CITY, HE HATES LANGERS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Yeah but no one takes dunphy seriously.Although roddy had a point,on live television in one of the biggest games for irish football in years,infront of thousands of barstoolers wasnt the place to say it.Roddy has never had any respect for the el and i wasnt too suprised,we all know hes still holding out for his celtic dream job
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I think Roddy was fustrated. I cant agree with his theory that the Eircom League has gone as far as it can. Thats obviously wrong since we have only gone full time a few years and move to summer soccer. There is still a lot of potential that hasnt been realised yet. Richardson has more work to do with that Cork side and they are very young.

Roddy was calling for big money and facilities. Of course we need them but at the end of the day EL clubs will have to progess mostly on their own and then get financial backing.

Clubs can do themselves favours (like Cork) and not sell their best players off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What,do you want to hear lies and hear Cork were very unlucky not to get a result?Thats bolox,Cork were lucky not to lose by 4 or 5.

But fair play to Cork they did well at times but Slavia were the better team.Cork CAN play a lot better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosco
    Yeah but no one takes dunphy seriously.
    And you take roddy serious

Seriously, people should stop getting their knickers in a twist for any criticism the EL gets, while he went too far in saying there was no progression since he was with bohs (im sure he just said that to suit his own ego), he did have a point in what else he said

Btw agree with jorge above - Bill and that licking up some holes saying they were unclucky and roddy coming back saying everyone was been biased and that if people werent been biased it couldve been 9 - 2 so
    Last edited by Cosmo; 15/09/2005 at 8:49 PM.
    DAN CONNOR HATES CITY, HE HATES LANGERS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Roddy was right and not getting to emotiional in it. Nutsy looked like he was about to cry. The EL is living off failures in the English league. Until we start growing our own like the cheques do were going to have no joy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I hate the way comentators are always easy on El players in EL matches.Their afrid to critisise.eg when a ball is given away or wasted they ignore it.Dont get me wrong i dont want comentators giving the players a bollocking but they could open their mouths.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Are's yis dense? He didn't have any point, to say that the eL has no chance of progressing further is absolutely ridiculous and shows a very clear inferiority complex that needs to be wiped out. And whoever told me to lighten up, I assure you, I'm am one of the lightest fellas you can meet, but Roddy is an absolute ***** and I hate him. Dunphy is absolutely sound compared to him.

To say Cork were lucky not to lose 9-2 is one of the stupidest things I've heard. Slavia had 9 chances only when you include the hail mary shots from miles out that went nowhere and Cork had much more than 2 chances. In real terms it would've been about 5-4.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    City lost 2-0 tonight.

That doesnt mean that we cant win 3-0 in Turners Cross in a fortnight.

Taking the game on its merits city deserved to lose but there wasnt a huge gulf between the teams.

At least we did better than Everton tonight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Great fighting spirit there harry but I dont know where Cork are going to come up with 3 goals. Slavia only really have to score one.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What did Roddy say that was wrong ? Irish teams get the odd good result against teams that should be better than them. Then get beaten by teams that are no great shakes. Hajduk Split prime example, didn't they get beat in a near cricket score to some unheard of team that where duly thrashed by ManU. Slavia where no great shakes but the gulf in standerd was fairly noticable at times. Again they won't go beyond the next round if they get someone decent.

The EL has no chance of progressing in its current state anyone that thinks it does at the moment really needs to go see someone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thejollyrodger
    Great fighting spirit there harry but I dont know where Cork are going to come up with 3 goals. Slavia only really have to score one.
    well stranger things have happend.look at longford in wales for example(sorry longford )
    Life isn't all beer and football...some of us haven't touched a football in months

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    by an eircom league side. Plenty of sides have came here and monkied us

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thejollyrodger
    Last year we lost 3-1 to Nantes. We needed to win 2-0 to go through. Kevin Doyle got the early goal and for the next hour Cork City had chance after chance to get that 2nd goal.

We are a year older and a year wiser. So dodnt rule it out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Didn't hear him, but, while I almost never agree with Roddy, on what's reported above, I think he's right - Cork are far and away the best team in this league at the moment, and they were exposed tonight; pretending that will and luck and so on will get us there is nonsense; until this league is richer - which means better supported - and therefore attracts better players and technical staff, we're going to be down among the also rans forever. The patronising guff that commentators like Ger Canning during the match and O'Herlihy in the studio come out with is worse; you'll know they take the EL seriously when they're able to criticise a performance like tonights

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Joeraki I don't agree with you.

Since going professional, there has been clear improvement. The results are not spectacular, but Irish sides have been competitive for the first time in most of our life-times. Victories in this time have not been lucky, flukey, circumstantial or morale victories, as pretty much all Irish results were in the past. Results are now down to Irish sides being professional, and performing better than the opposition. Clearly progress has been made.

Looking at the league's results in the two proper competitions in Europe, I think 99/00 represents the last of the "amateur" years. Since we sent in professional teams the progress has been clear. Not every year has been good, we were let down/unlucky having teams having poor seasons represent us in many seasons, but there is progress.

You may look at the results and think that they aren't too good, and you would be right. However, as I said, the Irish sides performances are what you should consider. We have been competitive, and now we expect our sides to be competitive, not to be over-awed, not just be happy to be there in the first place and to progress and .

There has been substantial progress, that is an undeniable fact, I mean FACT! There is a LOT of room for improvement, that is also a fact, but look at the volume of results by Irish sides over the last few years.

10 wins in the last 5 years, have there been 10 wins in the previous 5 years? 10 years or even 20 years???

One day an Irish side will qualify for the champions League. That day may be in 5, 10, 20 years or even longer. Our sides will have to continue to improve, which they are. If they keep improving at the current rate then I wouldn't be surprised to see a breakthrough by 2015.

1999/2000.
    P6 W1 D0 L5
    St. Patrick's Athletic 0 Zimbru Chisinau 5
    Zimbru Chisinau 5 St. Patrick's Athletic 0
    Grasshopper-Club Zürich 4 Bray Wanderers 0
    Bray Wanderers 0 Grasshopper-Club Zürich 4
    IFK Göteborg 3 Cork City 0
    Cork City 1 IFK Göteborg 0

2000/2001
    P10 W3 D 2 L5
    Sloga Skopje 0 Shelbourne 1
    Shelbourne 1 Sloga Skopje 1
    Shelbourne 1 Rosenborg 3
    Rosenborg 1 Shelbourne 1
    Aberdeen 1 Bohemians 2
    Bohemians 0 Aberdeen 1
    Bohemians 1 Kaiserslautern 3
    Kaiserslautern 0 Bohemians 1
    Lausanne 1 Cork 0
    Cork 0 Lausanne 1

2001/2002
    P8 W 1 D2 L 5
    Bohemians 3 Levadia 0
    Levadia 0 Bohemians 0
    Bohemians 1 Halmstads 2
    Halmstads 2 Bohemians 0
    Longford 1 Lovech 1
    Lovech 1 Longford 0
    Brondy 2 Shels 0
    Shels 0 Brondby 3

2002/2003
    P6 W0 D1 L5
    Hibernians 2 Shelbourne 2
    Shelbourne 0 Hibernians 1
    Rovers 1 Djurgardens 3
    Rovers 0 Djurgardens 2
    Varteks 5 Dundalk 0
    Dundalk 0 Varteks 4

2003/2004
    P8 W1 D 0 L7
    BATE 1 Bohemians 0
    Bohemians 3 BATE 0
    Bohemians 0 Rosenborg 1
    Rosenborg 4 Bohemians 0
    Nicosia 2 Derry 1
    Derry 0 Nicosia3
    Llubjana 1 Shelbourne 0
    Shelbourne 2 Llubjana 3

2004/2005
    P10 W1 D4 L5
    Rejkjavic 2 Shelbourne 2
    Shelbourne 0 Rejkjavic 0
    Hadjuk Split 3 Shelbourne 2
    Shelbourne 2 Hadjuk Split 0
    Shelbourne 0 Deportivo 0
    Deportivo 3 Shelbourne 0
    Levadia 0 Bohemians 0
    Bohemians 1 Levadia 3
    Vaduz 1 Longford 0
    Longford 1 Vaduz 3

2005/2006
    P9 W4 D2 L3
    Glentoran 1 Shelbourne 2
    Shelbourne 4 Glentoran 1
    Shelbourne 0 Steaua 0
    Steaua 4 Shelbourne 1
    Longford 2 Camarthen 0
    Camarthen 5 Longford 1
    Ekranas 0 Cork 2
    Cork 0 Ekranas 1
    Djurgardens 1 Cork 1
    Cork 0 Djurgardens 0
    Prague 2 Cork 0
    Last edited by ThatGuy; 15/09/2005 at 10:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Roddy was at the same ****e during some of the coverage of Shels run last season. There's nothing wrong with some constructive criticism but he rarely has anything good to say about the EL, except when he failed in England and was desperate for an Irish club. His media appearances are all to do with self-promotion, if he was as good at promoting the EL as he is at promoting himself we would be getting 20,000 bodies at every game every week!
    The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.
    Muhammad Ali

Roy Keane is still a pri*k!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast