Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enough is enough...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Enough is enough...

The censorship of the word ****** is childish and pathetic. Can you get rid of it? I'm no C.eltic fan, the opposite in fact, but at this stage it is just ridiculous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    ****** ? is that the word

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    omg .. i cant belive c.eltic is not allowed on this board. i wonder if rangers is ? r.angers that is

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

agreed

agreed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuy
    The censorship of the word ****** is childish and pathetic. Can you get rid of it? I'm no C.eltic fan, the opposite in fact, but at this stage it is just ridiculous.
    100% agree. Its utterly pathetic, and some of these mods on a power trip have the cheek to accuse others of being childish. Grow up for ****s sake.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Have to agree - I think we all get the point, but it is a bit ridiculous. You might as well censor references to all foreign sports... didn't someone else used to do that
    Mick D. for Ireland!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Have to say, I quite like it.
    But should be even-handed for all SPL/BP teams.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    505 Posts
    ThatGuy, here's a tip: If you want something, don't insinuate that the person that can make it happen is "childish and pathetic". Tends to work against you in ordinary circumstances.

I've removed the word ban because of it's valid use in the Junior League section. The ban on all SPL discussion stands.

adam
    Last edited by dahamsta; 29/07/2005 at 12:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dahamsta
    ThatGuy, here's a tip: If you want something, don't insinuate that the person that can make it happen is "childish and pathetic". Tends to work against you in ordinary circumstances.
    adam
    Truth hurt?

He's entitled to make his point without being sycophantic to a power mad Gestapo mod.

Censoring the word Celtic was childish, pathetic and made you look foolish, whether you like that being said or not.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke O'Riordan
    and made you look foolish, whether you like that being said or not.
    Not really. I, and many others, are sick to death of reading about them all the time. Anyway, if it wasn't for Adam, persons such as yourself wouldn't have a platform from which to release your informed opinions to the world.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    505 Posts
    Hey Luke, if you have such a problem with the way I run the site, why are you here? I reckon you should vote with your feet good buddy.

adam

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Hey Luke, if you have such a problem with the way I run the site, why are you here? I reckon you should vote with your feet good buddy.

adam

That's your answer to everything isn't it? Do you actually want people on this site?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jofyisgod
    Not really. I, and many others, are sick to death of reading about them all the time. Anyway, if it wasn't for Adam, persons such as yourself wouldn't have a platform from which to release your informed opinions to the world.
    What about the threads that had titles that clearly marked their subject matter that were posted in the World Football section? Who forced you to read them? My impression was that the guardians of eL purity made sure that these threads were shut down whenever they could. The old-school GAA would be impressed by this. Lads, if I was an outsider and this was my first impression of the eL and its supporters I would be very slow to go near a match.
    Having said all this, we don't pay for this service so the way I look at it its like being a guest in someone's house. You may not like their rules but they set them and if you want to be invited back sometimes you've just got to put up with the rules regardless....
    don't worry, they couldn't hit an elephant at this dis......

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Smith
    What about the threads that had titles that clearly marked their subject matter that were posted in the World Football section? Who forced you to read them? My impression was that the guardians of eL purity made sure that these threads were shut down whenever they could. The old-school GAA would be impressed by this. Lads, if I was an outsider and this was my first impression of the eL and its supporters I would be very slow to go near a match.
    Having said all this, we don't pay for this service so the way I look at it its like being a guest in someone's house. You may not like their rules but they set them and if you want to be invited back sometimes you've just got to put up with the rules regardless....
    2nd statement-dead on. Rules are there for a reason.

Celtic threads always descend into bollócks. Always. This is beacuse even by posting about them, people think they're making some sort of statement beyond football. God knows why, but they do. Then someone sane thinks this is silly, says that. Then they're usually accused of being something ridiculous, 'unirish' , or the like. It always happens.

Also, i doubt someone is going to have wandered on here without previous knowledge of the eL, maybe occasionally, but that's hardly the norm. If they don't go to eL games, thats their loss.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Celtic threads always descend into bollócks. Always.
    Agreed, but I have a different take on why they descend to that level.
    Also, i doubt someone is going to have wandered on here without previous knowledge of the eL, maybe occasionally, but that's hardly the norm. If they don't go to eL games, thats their loss.
    I was trying to show you what this looks like to a relative outsider.
    don't worry, they couldn't hit an elephant at this dis......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    The problem with the SPL threads is the people who don't like the SPL. End of story. If these people didn't come into the threads with their comments there would be no serious arguing. But these people have to come in and make smart comments because a celtic fans refers to his club as "we". THIS is what causes the trouble. I refer to Hibs as "we" and I travel to Edinburgh at least 14/15 times a year to see them, and omly last weekend went to Germany to watch them play a friendly. We should be able to talk about the SPL on a football forum without anti SPL people having to give their bit on it. If you don't like Scottish Football, then stay out of the thread. Simple

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've removed the word ban because of it's valid use in the Junior League section. The ban on all SPL discussion stands.

adam
    I think the above post says it all.

I said it was "childish and pathetic" because it is childish and pathetic to ban a word like Celtic. it was not a personal attack on any individual as you have chosen to interpret it as.

The reason why I posted it on the main forum is because of the frequency of its use on it.

I think your reply speaks volumes though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Jesus christ, stop trying to start a fight. You won. You can say Celtic all you want just don't mention the SPL. Is that not clear?
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    505 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4Ever
    That's your answer to everything isn't it? Do you actually want people on this site?
    Not if they're going to waste my bandwidth and time by bitching and whining like little girls. I'm not in it for the money, so it's not only in my best interest to keep these tossers off the site, I'd prefer it that way. I like to keep muppets away from Foot.ie in the exact same way everyone else likes to keep muppets out of their house.

Except real muppets obviously. Real muppets are cuuuuute.

adam

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Not really. I, and many others, are sick to death of reading about them all the time

Which begs the question, if you're that sick of reading about them, why read them at all

Next time you see a thread (if it's ever allowed again) with Celtic in it, don't read it.

There you go, nice and simple.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast