Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eastenders

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Eastenders

I wonder who'll be the first person to say 'it's sh!t' or say 'why do you watch that rubbish' etc!!

It's going to be class this week. The whole revenge on Den storyline is really heating up now. I actually reckon it won't be Sam Chrissy or Zoe that kills him and that there will be surprise twist.
    As for Andy Hunter, he thinks he's the main man and Johnny Allen doesn't seem to appriciate this so I reckon he'll be responsible for Andy's downfall. I actually think it's a shame that they are killing off Andy as he's probably the best character in it, has a real nastyness about him and a meanacing tone of voice and facial expressions.
    One hour special on Friday night, think I'll have a few beers whilst watching it before heading out.
    Champions!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    It's sh*t! Why do you watch that rubbish?
    This is the cooooooooooooolest footy forum I've ever seen!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lopez
    It's sh*t! Why do you watch that rubbish?
    Champions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor74
    I think it gets funnier and funnier. So Den convinces some girl to pretend to his son that she's having his baby only she can't get his son to give her the necessary semen ergo Den pops up and volunteers and now he's in trouble with his wife who will take his pub and the girl is upset and her family is upset and the son has disappeared blah blah blah.

There are episodes of Star Trek with less nonsense in them.
    It's on the up big time though Conor. They've brought back the producer from years ago and he's really shaking things up. The addition of Johnny Allen and his family (it's just a pity we can't have him AND Andy) and the axing of the Ferreras will go a long way to improving it. Peggy, Phil and Grant Mitchell are also supposed to be returning before the end of the year and he's also trying to tempt Frank Butcher to come back.
    Champions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I kinda catch bits of this show on tv cos people in my house watch it, so like any soap, 20 minutes of seeing it now and then and your pretty much up to speed. Eastenders seems to be trying to pull all the old boys out of the hat and its not working. You had Den return, now Barbara Windsor is returning with the Mitchell brothers, Phil (confirmed he's returned) and Grant (in discussions) coming back. The Asian family they had in it were so annoying and that new bunch they introduced seem to have taken up the role of most annoying. I think its a dreadful program personally and does little to interest me. That Lil Mo one, her facial expressions look as thou she is 10 degrees past demented.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    I think it gets funnier and funnier.
    Are you sure it's Eastenders you're talking about? Most depressing soap, ever. Even the missus has given up on Eastenders now as it písses her off so much. Supposedly the East End was reknowned for it's wit and humour, you wouldn't think so watching that programme.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Not gonna be worth watching now that Zoe is leaving

DAM SHE FINE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth
    I kinda catch bits of this show on tv cos people in my house watch it
    Ah yes that old one!
    It just happens to be on so you can't avoid watching it!!
    Champions!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    There are episodes of Star Trek with less nonsense in them.
    Actually you are right there. I mean, so she tells some porkies about being in the family way. In real life it'd be oops, I dropped it down the khasi. In Soaplandia she sleeps with a decrepid old murderer and Bobs your auntie, she's up the duff.

I think it is acutally quite real life...to what happens in Radlett where the show is made (well the cr*p part where the Jews don't live), which is a long way from the East end. Full of mockney w*nkers who wouldn't know their ar*e from their elbow, talking like Parker out of Thunderbirds. Actually I quite like it. Missed the Friday version. Durrty Den's gonna get his cumuppence, make no mistake? He'll be back in fifteen years to bang up another unsuspecting teenager. More real life - and a better example - would have been charging the c*nt for underage sex with the new mouthy Slater bird and watching him put in with the nonces in Strangeways. But hey, this is Soaplandia!
    This is the cooooooooooooolest footy forum I've ever seen!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Paul from the show was in the office yesterday.. he got killed off recently or somethin he's tiny.. well the same height as me like...
    Whatever it was I am sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Glad they're getting rid of Andy, I'd fancy me chances of kicking the sh*t out of him, its stupid that Alfie doesn't just clock him one anytime he makes a smart comment.
    Bye bye Stan. Go off back to collecting cones you useless git.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Ah yes soap operas -working class people depicted the way middle class people feel most comfortable percieving them -workshy, belligerent, passively criminal turning to actively criminal the instant they're offered an "in" on a "stroke", bad minded, swindling, dole grabbers who can't operate even the most basic contraceptive devices and will s h i t on each other for a fiver.

No comebacks about how working class people love soaps please.
    Very tired argument as study after study shows working class and lower income groups are watching more and more TV in record numbers as it's relatively cheap entertainment.

As for Eastendahs wot a carry on eh?
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    It has to be the most depressing heap of rubbish on the telly, barely one step above reality TV.
    I don't get people watching soaps at all, your own life is depressing enough without having to put up with someone else's fake depressing life.

Anyway, if eastenders was really true to life, they'd all sit around in that dingy coffee shop talking about what happened on Coronation Street the previous night.

Jesus, read a book, go for a walk, don't waste your life watching that rubbish.
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    It's tv, fantasy, light relief, soap opera...not real life or reflective of it, even though they pretend it is by putting up public service announcements warning you "if you have been affected in any way by what you have just seen " blah blah.

Its a good laugh if you don't take it too seriously. I'd be more of an Emmerdale man myself....that Amy Nuttall that Alan Smith is porking, and yer wan, the Aussie behind the bar with the huge baps....now theres a soap worth watchin'...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap
    . I'd be more of an Emmerdale man myself....
    in a word KATIE
    "If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better." Johan Cruyff

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tiktok
    It has to be the most depressing heap of rubbish on the telly, barely one step above reality TV.
    Eastenders is depressing for the most part, especially compared to corrie. Much funnier, even when its covering depressing stories. Soaps are just meant as a bit of escapism.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Babysis
    Soaps are just meant as a bit of escapism.
    That's just it, I'd sooner not have my escape tunnel come up in the middle of the Queen Vic
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Even if he got the pig, he did better than Harry Kewell whose wife was also stuck behind the Woolpack for a while.
    Stuck behind, or stuck under

Emmerdale has pretty good story lines, for a soap, though a plane crash and terrorist attack is a bit mch in a Yorkshire Valley. Corrie has come back well in recent years.
    The Lockerby storyline - big controversy over that, even coincided with the anniversary. Think that was when it went from being Emmerdale Farm to Emmerdale, if not it was certainly when they made the change over character wise.

Corrie remains the best imo, the right mix of comedy and serious story lines. Chesney, Tyrone, The Duckworths and now the Goths.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy
    Stuck behind, or stuck under
    Evil..but funny..
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy
    Corrie remains the best imo, the right mix of comedy and serious story lines. Chesney, Tyrone, The Duckworths and now the Goths.
    agreed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast