Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Respect for Mr Trapattoni please

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Respect for Mr Trapattoni please

I think we should all show a bit more respect for Mr Trapattoni and be thankful for the job he has done for us during his time as National coach

Yes recent actions, comments and squad selection have to say the least been questionable.

But lets not forget he got us within "Touching" distance of qualifying for the World Cup and gained qualification to the Euros too.

He has his system, his ideals and that have been both a success and failure at times.

Thank you Mr Trapattoni.

Respect!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    If trap gets us 6 points against sweden and austria next month then I don't think anyone can disagree with any of his methods.

If trap gets us 2 points or less then i think he has to go.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the doc View Post
    I think we should all show a bit more respect for Mr Trapattoni and be thankful for the job he has done for us during his time as National coach

Yes recent actions, comments and squad selection have to say the least been questionable.

But lets not forget he got us within "Touching" distance of qualifying for the World Cup and gained qualification to the Euros too.

He has his system, his ideals and that have been both a success and failure at times.

Thank you Mr Trapattoni.

Respect!
    Yes, you know footie and we got the point in another thread... Why the need to try and reinforce it with a new thread on Trapattoni's management?

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Exactly what POSH says. Most people on here know where others stand.... we will all know after Sweden.
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    We may know where people stand here on this forum, but I think the way the Irish soccer media and most of the fans have been acting towards him since the summer has shown a lack of understanding of the game. He has a fair number of faults, but he has also improved our national team with players who are mostly average ability in International football terms. Do people seriously think, Andy Reid for example or Stephen Kelly in the team can radicially improve the results of Ireland in our group.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,915 Posts
    I would have preferred he went after the Euros.
    Seeing as he's here for another campaign, then I don't see any point to moaning and bitchin'. That decision has been made.
    I want the best results possible out of what he can manage to do with the team.
    If and when this campaign is over early, then really he should step down.
    I'd appeal to his patrician sense of honour

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the doc View Post

Thank you Mr Trapattoni.

Respect!
    Odd thread to start. This arse-licking is likely to be in vain, Ciaran Clark is likely to start ahead of you anyways

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    585 Posts
    Trap lost a lot of my respect over the last six months and I sincerely doubt he can earn it back. Also, do we really need another Trap debate thread?
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

10. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    This guy knows his foot.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    This guy knows his foot.ie
    His what?

DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieShels View Post
    His what?

#gawa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    His what?

I take it that is Jamie Bwyson at a recent 'fleg' protest at the city hall then?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Judging by that pic, the grass is greener on the other side!

As for il Duce, if we lose one of the up-coming double-headers I reckon we're done for. And in that scenario, I'd look for a change in management, regardless of the cost. Give a new manager half a campaign to bed in for the Euro 16 campaign.
    If we lose both games, I'd be calling for Delaney's resignation if Trap doesn't get the can.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    The grass is always greener to the left. I've learned that over time. In fact I'm due a night out in the Second City soon. The Eg and the Bot better watch out.

As for il Duce, if we lose one of the up-coming double-headers I reckon we're done for. And in that scenario, I'd look for a change in management, regardless of the cost. Give a new manager half a campaign to bed in for the Euro 16 campaign.
    If we lose both games, I'd be calling for Delaney's resignation if Trap doesn't get the can.
    I'd be calling for Delaney's resignation no matter what. Though, I wouldn't mind seeing him make it to UEFA.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wonder88 View Post
    We may know where people stand here on this forum, but I think the way the Irish soccer media and most of the fans have been acting towards him since the summer has shown a lack of understanding of the game. He has a fair number of faults, but he has also improved our national team with players who are mostly average ability in International football terms. Do people seriously think, Andy Reid for example or Stephen Kelly in the team can radicially improve the results of Ireland in our group.
    I agree with most of what you say, but I think the major gripe is that there are a number of good/very good young players that are only starting to get into the side, but should have been there 18-24 months ago. Guys like Coleman, Wilson and McCarthy should be fairly seasoned internationals at this point. Long should have been getting more game time, as should Walters.

Then you have a guy like Wes Hoolahan who is a very good player. He never got any look in over the last few years and probably will continue not to under Trap. Indeed, despite a very impressive cameo against the Poles, Trap is lukewarm in his praise of Wes, while being glowing in his praise of the very average but very committed and likeable Conor Sammon. I don't buy this notion that our system can't accommodate someone like Wes. If Norwich can in a tough league week in week out, then we certainly can playing a team like Austria or even Sweden. At least Trap is starting to get to games, which is a big positive.

Anyhow, I do think on paper there is the makings of a very decent Irish team in the making. No world class player in the squad, bar maybe in a few years McCarthy or at a push Coleman, but very decent nevertheless.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post

Hopefully, we get through the spring and make a major push for the playoffs, but I think if we lose to the Swedes, then it makes little sense to keep Trap. Far better to accept we won't be going to Brazil and get on with the process of getting in a new manager to prepare for the next campaign.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    179 Posts
    Were paying this guy 2 million a year to tell the players to stay back and knock it long. I could coach the players that FFS.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    Just to continue on points above, Trapattoni was appointed to take a reasonably talented group of players in their prime to a major championship. His job brief was specific, and short term in its nature.

We're now going to a generation change and what's expected of the Irish manager has changed. Results remain important but there's a need for a longer perspective. Trapattoni is still working to a results-based, short-term perspective brief. He's picking players he believes fits into roles in a system he believes will get results. He's not looking towards player development and building a competitive team for the future. There's no room for that in the job brief he was given when appointed.

If we lose to Sweden and Austria, he should go as effectively we're out of the reckoning for the WC and we need a new approach.

22. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Ifk101 building for the future and qualifying for tournaments need not be mutually exclusive, in fact they are probably dependent on eachother.

But on the scale of things, over a longer period I would always take the results and performance over the rest.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,356 Posts
    His what?

Can we convince that tidy wee blonde to switch allegiances?
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast