Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: 2011 the unknown season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

2011 the unknown season

hello graveyard

Ramblers last night played there 5th league game of the season to a crowd of about 40-50 people,

its the first game i managed to get to this season having missed the first home game (having heard noting about it, till half-time when i got a phone call asking where i was), and i missed the second game due to prior commitments, is this it, are we now at the end for cobh ramblers, theres little to no buzz around the town about games, and probably even less talk inside the ground,

i think we can take it for granted we are on our own with the issues that face the club, the FAI will not be swooping down anytime soon to rescue the club, with attendances declining year by year, you would wonder how long we can continue to limp along in the A league,

TBF to the players they really do enjoy there football, something that could possibly get the club back to where it belongs, but i would say the fans have a higher commitment to get the club back there,

i doubth any inforamtion will be fortcoming from the club on where exactly it stands now, were past 2 years since our last update, and we probably will be another 2 before we get one,

is it time we reinstated the membership, is there enough interest to get the rusted wheels of the club moving again, can all the gears move in unison and start turning red back into black,

sincerely Don
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I will say it and Im one of many who feel this way but have just given up,The club will never be supported while certain ppl are in and around the place.Reinstating the membership would be a hugh step forward imo but it needs peoples time and effort which most will not give.
    Marty

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Here we go again same old story excuse after excuse after excuse .. Move on bulid a bridge and get over it.
    This excuse is now 4 years old and every time we bring up supporting the team we hear the same blown worn out excuses.
    These so called persons are only holding the office or no office until the fai solicitors sign off on the transfer of the club to them .but until then the team need support .. The team needs money to keep going .. I say it costs €500 for the bus and maybe €150 for food total €650 for away games .. Home games ref fee and linesman €500 . Two away games and two home games they need at least €2400 a month .
    If noone is supporting the bar which there not and noone only 50 true supporters helping to keep them going you don't have to be a maths teacher to know the club is f@@@ked. Is that is what you want if so fine ..turn up to the home games support the players otherwise you will more than likley see the club fail and all the young players going to other clubs .that all I'm saying support the club for the rest of the season and if its not sorted by then go back to not susupporting the team if the fai are not in .
    the sub

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sub View Post
    Home games ref fee and linesman €500 .
    Not for the A-championship bud, more like €150/160 in total. Theres €690 a month saved already
    I hope things work out for ye.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    As the thread title aptly puts it, it's "the unknown season" for all the clubs in the A Championship - which presumably is why Castlebar and Tullamore withdrew. It's ridiculous, but unsurprising, that teams can be almost halfway through a ludicrously short season without having any notion of whether firstly the division is continuing or being definitely scrapped, and if the latter, what plans are being put in place for 2012.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Aside from an U-19 side, will Ramblers have a senior side in 2012 and what league will they be playing in ? Back to the MSL?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    Nobody seems to know but some seem confident that they might be in the 1st. I think that some advance notice should be given as it would give the club a chance to prepare. Imagine if it was the msl then it would be nearly a year to wait for senior football.