Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wesley Webb 2010

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fifa pro View Post
    It's a bit mad alright... Last bank holiday weekend before season starts.. I'm sure lads will be taking the ladies away for one last weekend... Why not play it Monday night
    more chance of them in the gaa drinkin 3 euro pints... !!! makes no sense playing game at 7pm you have lads waitin around all day on a bank holiday weekend for a late kick -off .. time must be to suit shannon town a

" football is a simple game "

FORMERLY: shannonman Lev Yashin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by old git View Post
    more chance of them in the gaa drinkin 3 euro pints... !!! makes no sense playing game at 7pm you have lads waitin around all day on a bank holiday weekend for a late kick -off .. time must be to suit shannon town a
    Well speaking form a personal point of view it doesn't suit me....I have a wedding to go too this weekend and i'll have this match in the back of my head now...would have preferred tuesday but i think most teams train on the tuesday....still...plenty o' time to drink after the match!
    My Goal Is To Deny Yours...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shannonman View Post
    Well speaking form a personal point of view it doesn't suit me....I have a wedding to go too this weekend and i'll have this match in the back of my head now...would have preferred tuesday but i think most teams train on the tuesday....still...plenty o' time to drink after the match!
    still think game should be earlier kickoff or played monday / tues / wed the winners are not playing again untill saturday 7th so dont know why it needs to be played on a sunday evening.. would imagine most clubs would be ok with a match instead of training at this stage of preseason ... so you won't be drinking at wedding then ahead of this big game .. no disrepect to olympic b but ye should be way to strong for them ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Cags must be on here somewhere, cause you're saying all the right things (be thinking of the match while at a wedding the day before).....

It seems strange to drag out the tournament over 2 weeks....
    'You should never have a bad game, off the ball.......'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    still think game should be earlier kickoff or played monday / tues / wed the winners are not playing again untill saturday 7th so dont know why it needs to be played on a sunday evening.. would imagine most clubs would be ok with a match instead of training at this stage of preseason ... so you won't be drinking at wedding then ahead of this big game .. no disrepect to olympic b but ye should be way to strong for them ..
    You should join our comittee..they are always looking for members!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    You should join our comittee..they are always looking for members!!!
    no chance its a thankless job & you always get cranky old gits giving out about them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    I hears last night that Rineanna will more than likely be pulling out of the Wesley Webb as they have just got a manger installed and wouldn't be ready.

Anyone any idea about Hibs? Will they have both an A and B team??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I hears last night that Rineanna will more than likely be pulling out of the Wesley Webb as they have just got a manger installed and wouldn't be ready.

Anyone any idea about Hibs? Will they have both an A and B team??

Heard the A team are struggling big time haven't had over 10 people training since they started back and their back 3 weeks now, on the other hand their B team are gettin around 20 nearly every training. It's looking more like the B team could become the A team...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Shannon Town 3 Olympic B 0.

Rineanna have pulled out so Newmarket will take their place...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Shannon Town 3 Olympic B 0.

Rineanna have pulled out so Newmarket will take their place...
    any reasons given for rineanna pulling out ... !!
    who scored for shannon town

Formerly: vidic-class
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    any reasons given for rineanna pulling out ... !!
    who scored for shannon town
    Ryan Kelly got 2 and Paul Butler got 1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vidic-class View Post
    Ryan Kelly got 2 and Paul Butler got 1
    so no shannon town players scored only the blow-ins

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Rineanna have only recently got a manager in place i think and have only just started training so they wouldn't have been ready...

Ryan has signed a form so isn't a blow in and is as much a shannon town player as the rest of us...Paul hasn't signed yet but we hope he does.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fifa pro View Post
    is it true ye have 25 players signed with 3 or 4 more yet to decide... thats alot of players to keep happy... i wish ye the best of luck this season but having so many good players signing its going to be impossible to keep lads happy.. especially the lads that got ye promoted..if cags can keep everyone happy then with the new players added ye should easily finish in top half of league..
    common sence is that not everybody will be happy but that is football. Tell me any player that is handed a subs jersey that is happy.....by the time players start leaving i am sure town will know the core 16/18 that they will think can keep them in the premier.....

Fair play to cags for attracting so many players, that is what good managers/clubs do in the off season...

Unfortunately the above highlighted statement is not true. He will need to get the best out of the core players of the squad and hopefully get off to a good start and that may see them stay up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    We have got a good sqaud with two players in each position now which is what any club would want. We are lucky too that in the final third we have players who are interchangable and can be moved around without distruption.
    We're not fooling oursleves into thinking we are going to finish top half but we have to believe we can stay up and with teams in the premier struggling (Janesboro) then the better it is for us.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    We have got a good sqaud with two players in each position now which is what any club would want. We are lucky too that in the final third we have players who are interchangable and can be moved around without distruption.
    We're not fooling oursleves into thinking we are going to finish top half but we have to believe we can stay up and with teams in the premier struggling (Janesboro) then the better it is for us.
    Going on yere match last night against a poor lifford side that were lucky to stay up last season Id be very worried. From what I saw ye will be very dependent on 1-2 players, Ye will struggle all season against limerick premier sides. Dont get me wrong ye do have some good young players but cant see them producing against solid players from other teams.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Well firstly I don't think lifford where that poor. I mean where did sixmilebridge finish last season? And we beat them 5-2 a week ago.
    The bottom line is it's all pre-season...we were missing Evan Barry Fergal McCarthy Shane McCarthy Chippie Dunning to name just a few....it's too early to tell where teams stand yet....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    its great in theory 2 players for each position keeps everybody on fighting for places .. but will 11 players be happy every week not starting games !! hope it all works out for you in preimer as it would be great for shannon town and soccer in the rest of shannon

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Well firstly I don't think lifford where that poor. I mean where did sixmilebridge finish last season? And we beat them 5-2 a week ago.
    The bottom line is it's all pre-season...we were missing Evan Barry Fergal McCarthy Shane McCarthy Chippie Dunning to name just a few....it's too early to tell where teams stand yet....
    I wouldnt be going on performances on bridge either they had very poor season last season and are struggling to get a team together they also heard they lost 6-1 to balla who didnt play many of first team. All im saying is ye dont have quality to keep ye up maybe im wrong only time will tell but players that arent playing who got ye promoted will not be happy and come half way through season numbers will be low.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    back to talk about wesley webb......there is another thread 'limerick premier league' if people want to talk about shannon towns chances there...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast