Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is today D day for Licences

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Drogheda United need to be told NOW, that they are not playing in the Premier League in 2009.

Now could they? They shouldn't have been playing in it last season and only got the Premier Licence because of the proposed new stadium they were dreaming of.
    Neale Fenn on retiring: 'I think once you finish you might as well finish rather than making all sorts of comebacks.'

Middle of No Where, The Center of Everywhere.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passerrby View Post
    afaik you cant be awarded a licence you did not apply for ,so if you apply for a first you can only be given a first and not a prem

So I wonder what will happen if say 9/10 of the premier teams get the required licence, 1 fails and everyone else has applied for a 1st division licence?, have other clubs been advised in a similar way to Kildare County?
    Everyone needs something to believe in, I believe I'll have another beer.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steno View Post
    So I wonder what will happen if say 9/10 of the premier teams get the required licence, 1 fails and everyone else has applied for a 1st division licence?, have other clubs been advised in a similar way to Kildare County?
    far as i'm aware waterford united always apply for and have recieved a premier licence to date sure its the same again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gotaroundbetter View Post
    far as i'm aware waterford united always apply for and have recieved a premier licence to date sure its the same again.
    Ditto for the Mons. We applied for premier last year and again this year so hopefully will be ok.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    when shels got relegated two years ago and waterford utd got promoted did waterford get much notice at all??
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    No and that's why they landed back in the First Division.
    Neale Fenn on retiring: 'I think once you finish you might as well finish rather than making all sorts of comebacks.'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SMorgan View Post
    Drogheda United need to be told NOW, that they are not playing in the Premier League in 2009.

I think with the whole economic climate of the country at the moment and the lack of help from the FAI over the years for ground development/improvements, its not right to punish those whose stadiums arent 'up to scratch'.

Unfortunately we didnt have a TD involved in the governments who was able to swing a big grant for ground improvments!

Every club bar a couple of seem to be fcuked financially. If we get an agreement with the players and get through examinership, I would expect us to be playing Premier Division football next season. (btw theres a big new sports campus being built on the northside of the town and i wouoldnt be surprised to see us become part of that project and get some sort of new stadium up there)
    DAN CONNOR HATES CITY, HE HATES LANGERS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
    (btw theres a big new sports campus being built on the northside of the town and i wouoldnt be surprised to see us become part of that project and get some sort of new stadium up there)

Of course there is!! I said it before and I'll say it again. If the club gets out of examinership we'll get another grandiose scheme that will keep you going for another few years.

If Drogheda gets a Premier Licence for 2009 then we may scrap the whole licensing system, as it will have become a joke.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
    I think with the whole economic climate of the country at the moment and the lack of help from the FAI over the years for ground development/improvements, its not right to punish those whose stadiums arent 'up to scratch'.
    Bull crap. If Finn Harps can get themnselves a new stadium, why can't Drogheda with an even more valuable asset behind them....?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SMorgan View Post
    Of course there is!! I said it before and I'll say it again. If the club gets out of examinership we'll get another grandiose scheme that will keep you going for another few years.

If Drogheda gets a Premier Licence for 2009 then we may scrap the whole licensing system, as it will have become a joke.
    Very much agreed.
    Lets redefine what it means to heal

Celbridge aka C-Bridge aka The CBDG/Leeson Street
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Bull crap. If Finn Harps can get themnselves a new stadium, why can't Drogheda with an even more valuable asset behind them....?
    Fobbing off the old stadium to developers? I think i read somewhere that Drogs gave up United Park to the FAI the last time they were buggered financially so they can't sell it on (again) because they don't own it. Thats why the situation is so grave, there's no safety net!
    "Football's not a matter of life and death... its much more important than that"

http://pintofunspecific.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12