Story on rte.ie yet more bad news is goes ahead

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2008/...edaunited.html
    And Miles To Go Before We Sleep

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    That'll help them get their money alright. On a related note, the Examiner has been very quiet about any prospects of anyone being interested in taking over compared to how he handled Cork's situation.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I think Drogs are in real trouble. They will be lucky to exist next season let alone get Premier licence.

City fans have massive respect for the way our manager, players & staff behaved through our troubles.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,268 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    I think Drogs are in real trouble. They will be lucky to exist next season let alone get Premier licence.
    I agree, especially while their fans continue to think this is all the NRA's fault. I know it takes a lot of effort and time for a group of fans to save a team, but Drogheda's are failing miserably.

Paddy Power aren't offering odds on Pat's to win tomorrow any more. I got them at 7/5 yesterday. Probably get another Pat's player blamed into the bargain.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post

Paddy Power aren't offering odds on Pat's to win tomorrow any more. I got them at 7/5 yesterday. Probably get another Pat's player blamed into the bargain.
    Yeah let the moaning start from all the shrewdies on here that PP won't take a bet! Pat's -1 @ 9/2 looks a good bet too!!!

I have to say I'd be amazed if Drogheda are part of a 10-team Premier Division next season.
    I phoned the speaking clock to hear a voice speak, it said - "At the tone you will be very much alone"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    The whole drogheda situation I just don't get.
    Why did they suddenly decide to cut their losses?

Why was there no contingency plan for if the stadium didin't go ahead?

Why can't Hoey et al pay the revenue and pay off the players who contracts are up at the end of the season, sell those who are on longer term contracts and start next season semi pro?

For a man who has Drogheda United in his heart he is showing some strange treatment to the club as an entity?
    Long Live King Kenny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I agree, especially while their fans continue to think this is all the NRA's fault. I know it takes a lot of effort and time for a group of fans to save a team, but Drogheda's are failing miserably.
    first of all nobody up here is blaming the nra. they were within their rights to object and they did.
    second of all why do you feel drogheda fans haved failed miserably??there was no supporters group set up until our financial situation was revealed. what you expect them to do. . go and raise 5k a week before it is even set up to give to players who will be gone in 3 days anyway. the group that has been setup has as far as i know decided to raise money for long term of club. . .investing in youth etc. . but thats when funds are raised which takes time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Should've backed them with hills at 6/4, which is still available
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DUFC4life View Post
    first of all nobody up here is blaming the nra. they were within their rights to object and they did.
    second of all why do you feel drogheda fans haved failed miserably??there was no supporters group set up until our financial situation was revealed. what you expect them to do. . go and raise 5k a week before it is even set up to give to players who will be gone in 3 days anyway. the group that has been setup has as far as i know decided to raise money for long term of club. . .investing in youth etc. . but thats when funds are raised which takes time.
    Invest in nothing until you have control of the club. If you don't have a club next year what use is the money. Present your proposals to the examiner
    ---

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,268 Posts
    By this stage (as I recall; correct me if I'm wrong), Cork had a five-figure sum in their bank account, were in constant touch with the examiner and had solid plans for taking over the club. You don't even have a bank account and spent your first meeting looking starry-eyed at Hoey, before going off and firing e-mails to the Meath County Council to try get the ground moving again. Cork fans appear to have helped youz as much as possible with getting stuff set up, yet you're still way behind. Everyone else is baffled at it, but youz seem happy to sit back and hope Hoey has a trump card somewhere.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    They'll play in the end, not really in their interests not to as the gate is the main source of money to give to them.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    By this stage (as I recall; correct me if I'm wrong), Cork had a five-figure sum in their bank account, were in constant touch with the examiner and had solid plans for taking over the club. You don't even have a bank account and spent your first meeting looking starry-eyed at Hoey, before going off and firing e-mails to the Meath County Council to try get the ground moving again. Cork fans appear to have helped youz as much as possible with getting stuff set up, yet you're still way behind. Everyone else is baffled at it, but youz seem happy to sit back and hope Hoey has a trump card somewhere.
    To be fair to the fans, Hoey kept playing the part of the rich benefactor and allaying their suspicions. Yet, there is no evidence that he invested a penny of his own money in the club.

The fans in Drogheda are beginning to realise the truth but it may be too late for their club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    Following a meeting between the players and Drogheda United Chairman Vincent Hoey this morning, the club can confirm that tomorrow night's game with St. Patrick's Athletic will go ahead as planned.
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2008/...edaunited.html

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Should've backed them with hills at 6/4, which is still available
    Good spot Dodge. €10 gone on Pats @ 6/4!. Also backed Cork @ 6/4 v. Bohs with Hills.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    By this stage (as I recall; correct me if I'm wrong), Cork had a five-figure sum in their bank account, were in constant touch with the examiner and had solid plans for taking over the club.
    The Cork City Supporters Trust Foras has been in the background for the last 12-18 months but Examinership gave it a short term mandate & accelerated the start up. Taking over the club was a possibility but also probably the last resort.

Who do Drogs owe money to? Who actually owns United Park? Is it in the name of the clubs registered company or an individual? Can the Examiner sell it to recover the losses?
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Drogs owe something like 500k to revenue I think. As far as I know, the FAI own United Park but if Drogheda were going to move to a new ground, they'd be willing to give most of the proceeds from selling United to Drogheda. I don't think the ground could be sold to pay Drogheda's debts.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    foras(the cork trust) took 18 months to set up. they were established by the time examinership came. thats how they had a 5 sum figure. dont have a bank account?? you seem to know a lot. . .do you work in a bank in drogheda?? because from what i have heard there is one. . emailing meath county council was done as a side thing nothing to do with supporters club as far as i know. these things cant be done in a week or two. . .any money given to the examinership process would just disapear into a black hoe of debt and be of no use to anyone really. . .a drop in the ocean that is the debt of drogheda united.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    foras(the cork trust) took 18 months to set up. they were established by the time examinership came. thats how they had a 5 sum figure
    Don't think they officially launched until the examinership
    ---

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    foras(the cork trust) took 18 months to set up. they were established by the time examinership came. thats how they had a 5 sum figure. dont have a bank account?? you seem to know a lot. . .do you work in a bank in drogheda?? because from what i have heard there is one. . emailing meath county council was done as a side thing nothing to do with supporters club as far as i know. these things cant be done in a week or two. . .any money given to the examinership process would just disapear into a black hoe of debt and be of no use to anyone really. . .a drop in the ocean that is the debt of drogheda united.
    So because the money would be used to pay debt you're not going to give it to the Examiner?. Good luck with your new club so because it appears nobody else wants to give them the money needed for survival either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    I defy anyone here to launch a properly constituted Supporters Trust within a couple of weeks without a team of lawyers and a lot of cash.

I've no idea whether Drogs fans are interested enough or not to keep the club going, time will tell I suppose, but to accuse them for not having set up a legal vehicle to make a formal approach to the Examiner is short-sighted.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast