Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Kilbane signs for Everton!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Kilbane signs for Everton!

Kilbane is joining Everton
    Everton have clinched a deadline-beating move for Sunderland's Republic of Ireland winger Kevin Kilbane.

The 26-year old has joined Everton for £1m and has signed a two-year contract with the Premiership club.

Kilbane played with Toffees manager David Moyes during their time at Preston - and now they will link up again at Goodison Park.

He was the fourth signing made by Moyes, completing his switch from the Stadium of Light just minutes before the transfer window closed.

Moyes has long been an admirer of the wide man, and he made his move after selling left-sided midfielder Mark Pembridge to Fulham.

Kilbane has been part of Sunderland's recent resurgence, but jumped at the chance of a move back into the top flight at Everton.

Well lads, what ya think? Can only be a good move......I think..........

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    can only be good IMO

the sunderland fans didnt like him anyway and moyes is a good manager as far as i can see

surprisin tho
    Followin Our Own Teams In Eire

theres no cure for the League of Ireland bug. spread it :)

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    He's better off really considering how they fans were with him.
    Poor auld Mick tho...he seems to be one of Kevin's biggest fans.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Good move for Kilbane and Ireland. It always better to have our players playing in the top flight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    I'd say McCarthy is distraught after that, KK was like a son to him. He might see now though that the sun doesn't actually shine out of Kilbanes Arse! Great Move for Kilbane though.

Besides Breen, Healy, Doherty and Connolly, the majority of our top players are all with top flight clubs now, which can only be good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I trust David Moyes to look after him.
    I know Kilbane gets a hard time but I would have him in the squad every time.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    727 Posts
    Moyes is the type of manager who gets mediocre players to work their balls off and get results. Kilbane could flourish under him, though he might also sink into reserve-team football. On the other hand, Everton don't have asingle competant crosser of the ball, and with Duncan Ferguson in the team, I'm sure Moyes is looking for a natural winger to give him options.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Have my doubts, hopefully he'll play regular first team football.
    Kilbane is a very limited player but will work his socks off for the cause.
    Which Moyes will like, plus Moyes has shown himself very capable at getting the best out of average players so hopefully he'll help Kev on a bit as well.
    Crossing will need to be improved, how many times has he run up the wing and failed to deliver a cross!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Great move for Kilbane and Ireland.
    He is superb defensively but maybe Moyes will bring on his
    attacking game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    It's a good move for Kilbane if he gets his game. I actually think he gets far more abuse than he deserves both at club and international level.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Kilbane is not as bad as Carsley & Moyes made him look like a competent footballer so Kilbane will probably be on the Premiership team of the season

IMO Kilbane was MOTM against Oz so he doesn't deserve the criticism he gets.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    I agree, Kilbane, for all his flaws, always tries his heart out. Kilbane bashing baffles me, to be honest, especially when Lee Carsley is still making money from football, and doing it in the Premiership. Kilbane at his utter poorest is far better than he is!
    That question was less stupid, though you asked it in a profoundly stupid way.

Help me, Arthur Murphy, you're my only hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge
    I bow to no one. bar Bluebeard and Mr A

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Kilbane is a hard worker, consistently gives his all.
    that coupled with the management of david moyes should mean a real progression for Kilbane. after the results moyes got with gravesen anything is possible.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm a Sunderland fan and Kilbane is the first player I've genuinely been upset at leaving over the summer. In a poor team last year, his effort stood out a mile, it's just a shame many of our narrow minded fans continued to hound him out of the club. And nice to see he didn't hang around like our other "heroes" waiting for more money from us.

By the way, I have done a piece for the Sunderland fanzine A Love Supreme's website about Killa, summing up his time at Sunderland. If anyone's interested, it's at

http://www.a-love-supreme.com/als_on...tory/killa.htm

cheers.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    As far as I'm concerned the jury is still out on Kilbane. Absolutely no doubting his application and effort which is spot on and he was very useful to have on the left wing when Harte was behind him. It's also very refreshing to see him belting out the national anthem when so many of the Irish born players won't even sing it (btw, Clinto claims he'll sing it if he starts tomorrow!).
    The big doubt about Kilbane is whether or not he's good enough at international level. I thought in the games away to Albania and Georgia he gave the ball away on a shockingly regular basis. At this level you just cannot afford to give away posseesion cheaply or teams will kill you. Granted against the aussies he looked very good when he came on and can only benefit from a move to the premiership as long as he gets his game. On that basis he probably deserves to start tomorrow with Duff playing up front with Clinto. If we need goals late on we can always bring on the angry ant and put Duff on the left. This could also be a good time to give the ant his final chance to prove himself for Ireland. If he can't do it tomorrow in such an important game and when he's in arguably the best form of his life then that should be the end of his international career.
    The power of accurate observation is often misinterpreted as cynicism by those that don't possess it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    727 Posts
    Originally posted by Socrates
    If (Connolly) can't do it tomorrow in such an important game and when he's in arguably the best form of his life then that should be the end of his international career.
    I don't think he should even be given that much chance - I'd have retired him a long time ago. I he does get his chance though, and messes it up, then I'll boo his every move for the rest of his career. I'm bloody sick of Connelly, mouthing off and then giving nothing in return for the chances he's given. It's a crappy world that forces Sadlier out of the game and leaves useless twits like Connolly.

brine2
    There's nothing I'd like more than for Connolly to go out there and prove why I think he's such a good player.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Originally posted by brine2
    There's nothing I'd like more than for Connolly to go out there and prove why I think he's such a good player.
    Don't hold your breath.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    727 Posts
    Originally posted by John83
    I don't think he should even be given that much chance - I'd have retired him a long time ago. I he does get his chance though, and messes it up, then I'll boo his every move for the rest of his career. I'm bloody sick of Connelly, mouthing off and then giving nothing in return for the chances he's given. It's a crappy world that forces Sadlier out of the game and leaves useless twits like Connolly.
    Damn and blast! I was forced to resort to singing "He's crap, but he scored a goal..."

brine2
    a ****ing good goal too.