Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Lims 4 - 0 Sligo. Yahoo!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lims 4 - 0 Sligo. Yahoo!

Another Fabulous performance by our blues, made Sligo look very poor and 2 more for Stevo! Roll on Bray next Sun!!!

Me own personal ratings would be:

Healy - 7 (Not much to do but did it well.)

O'Mahony - 8 (Great prospect, settling in very nicely)

Purcell - 8 (solid and dependable as usual - best centre half in the division)

Molan - 8 (screamer of a goal and solid throughout)

Finucane - 7 (cruised through first half, taken off at interval, injury I presume)

Sweeney - 8 ( excellent)

Cooney - 7 ( out of position but still influential)

J.Whyte - 8 ( Tireless workrate)

Heffernan - 9 (one of his best for Lims, proper position - proper result, simple as that!)

Foley - 7 ( didnt have the same impact as others, improved second half and kept battling throughout)

Stevo - 9 ( top notch, his first goal was the best Limerick goal since..... well, since Conor Molan's some minutes earlier!)

Subs:
    Kerley 7 (fine job at the back)
    O'Donoghue 7 (scored straight after coming on)
    Sugrue 6 (came on late not much time to make an huge impact and game won at that stage)
    Last edited by BlueisBeautiful; 01/07/2003 at 10:40 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

SLIGO GAME

Spot on rating's,great performance when you consider that sligo have been very hard to beat this season some cracking goals scored,nice result going into whats going to be a very tough match sunday.Nice to see a decent turnout aswell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Exclamation .............

Nice one lads .... great result for you.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    More or less right there BisB. Think you gave Heffo to high a rating - thought he drifted in and out of the game too much - but that is being hyper critical. The entire team responded brilliantly to the problems - fair play.

There was a good buzz at the ground as well last night - lot of faces that haven't been at Limerick matches in quite a while. If word of that performance spreads then we should get even more at the Cobh game. And maybe a home draw against Shamrock Rovers in the cup will be announced meantime!

One thing about the crowd was the announcement at the end of the game of the result of the Lawson Cup Final which was played last night. That the game was played last night when everyone knew that Limerick needed a big crowd was a shame on the LDMC. Now maybe our committee didn't ask for it to be moved - that is a strong possibility but everyone knew. Would it have killed the junior teams to move it to Wednesday or Monday night. There must have been 500 at least at that match and many of them would have gone to the Limerick game. I am raging over this. And it encapsulates everything wrong with soccer in Limerick.

John Purcell was on Today FM this morning. They are giving us a bit of a plug anyway - fair play. Do the supporters club have a bank account that people listening can send money to? Send it in to the Today FM sports dept!

What a great performance last night though. Two goals of the season. The miss of the season and the scrappiest goal of the season.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What an amazing game!!!
    Still can't get over it.

O'Mahony was my Man of the Match by a streak I thought he was incredible. That said the whole team worked together impressively last night and truely silenced dissent about Kerley's appointment - Noel just didn't have a team spirit last year.

Christ! Still on a high from it!! Pics will be up on my site today by about 2ish.

5-0 against Bray, Stevo will get a hat-trick!!!
    "Anyone who's Soapy should be flushed and anyone who's a Deserter should be shot."
    - John Purcell (Limerick FC Commercial Manager), February 2004

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Great result last night!!. There was a good vibe, obviously the early goals helped!!. They were 2 of the best I have ever seen.
    Lots of new faces, hopefully they will come back but crowd was still not big enough for a "Sporting" city our size.

The Supporters' club player of the month was announced: Brendan Sweeny, who had another great game last night, and we presented the trophy before the game.

The Bus sold well as did our membership and we only have a few seats left for Sunday so contact Deise Deserter ASAP if you are interested.

Lets hope for a good result up there so we can keep getting the home crowds. We will not fold if we are top of the league or thereabouts imo

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Brendan Sweeney will appear in a new section of my site going live at about 1 o'clock.

At 11:30 everything but last night's game is done - that's my next job when I'm back form tea!
    "Anyone who's Soapy should be flushed and anyone who's a Deserter should be shot."

Neil
    Great result for Limerick.
    Keep it up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    good to hear the crowds were up
    hopefully if the results keep going limericks way, they will keep increasing
    life is random

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    A game where we win by 4 goals only comes about once a decade or so , so I guess we could have some of those "charitable" fans back up for the Cobh game!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    what do ye reckon the crowd was last night btw?
    life is random

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We had 377 at the gate but many threw in 10s and 20s into the bucket when paying fo their tickets. Damien O'Neill did well with the raffle as well - supposedly 2 Euro a ticket but when I saw him he had a bucket full of notes - people were good with monetary donations last night.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    excellent news lads. keep it up.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It was great to read the team performed so well against Sligo, but the real kick in the teeth is no matter how well they play and even if they win every game until the end of season and win the league by miles, we will still be in division one next season hopefully , I know most would be greatful of just being in division one next season and its great to playing so well, but it always seems like its 2 steps forward and 3 back for LFC.