Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 4233

Thread: Stephen Ireland

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by youngirish View Post
    I wouldn't be too sure. Even if we make the play-offs we will struggle to beat anyone half decent over 2 legs.

I honestly dont see what a player like stephen ireland would bring to traps team, he would not be allowed express himself in our line up at all and lets face it, whilst he is top five in tackles in the premiership and distance covered per game, it is his vision and brain (footballing) that are key to his game. He plays alot better with better players as seen with city this year and to put it nicely our players wudnt suit him..hunt,whelan, duff et al

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    For the first time in years there's a very positive mood in the squad. They've battled through two massive away games and come out with great results. On the flight home from Sofia they apparently were singing songs and enjoying themselves like the Ireland of old. If SI comes back there'll be a big mood shift. IMO he can come back, once he owns up to how pathetic and devious he has been.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Manblue View Post
    I honestly dont see what a player like stephen ireland would bring to traps team, he would not be allowed express himself in our line up at all and lets face it, whilst he is top five in tackles in the premiership and distance covered per game, it is his vision and brain (footballing) that are key to his game. He plays alot better with better players as seen with city this year and to put it nicely our players wudnt suit him..hunt,whelan, duff et al
    Stephen, we'll play you on the wing. I know it's not your favourite position, but you won't have to worry about the defensive side of things.

I realize you won't get as much of the ball as you get at Manchester City, but we both know that even with reduced service you will be able to create more than our alternatives.

Maybe once Steven Reid returns, you can play in the centre, as he will be able to handle the defensive side of things.

I also think there's a slight chance that you can play in Robbie's position if you impress Trap enough. So go on, give Trap a call and join the squad against Australia.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_peepee View Post
    Crucially though Trapp says SI still never got back to him ("He's a shy boy")..

I don't know yer mans Da. He could be a jayzus bar fly media whore living vicariously through his sons fame (infamy??) cos he didn't make it himself. Who knows??

I know me own Da would tell people where to go and to ask me themselves if he had to answer a question on my behalf more than once (And probbly not even that either)... Then tell me to wise up and give a straight answer one way or the other...

As regards having him back. I'm leaving it in the hands of Trapp. If Hunt isn't being quoted out of context.. Trap won't do anything counter productive to the squads goals..

I think I'm just gonna blindly follow what he does now, the ******...
    What exactly has Hunt been quoted as saying?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Den Perry View Post
    What exactly has Hunt been quoted as saying?

I dunno. Someone here posted on this thread that Hunt said something like himself some of the current squad aren't too keen on having SI back...
    I pity the fool!.... But suggest ways that he might improve himself.

www.thefastleague.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    wha is the story with stephen irelands dad. everytime something bout him comes up i see him in the star saying what he thinks. is he in touch with stephen or what ? otherwise he should keep stum IMO.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    785 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    what is the story with stephen irelands dad?.
    I heard he was dead or was that his granny or girlfriend's third cousin once removed. Ah no, it was his pet rabbit.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan86 View Post
    Stephen, we'll play you on the wing. I know it's not your favourite position, but you won't have to worry about the defensive side of things.

I realize you won't get as much of the ball as you get at Manchester City, but we both know that even with reduced service you will be able to create more than our alternatives.

Maybe once Steven Reid returns, you can play in the centre, as he will be able to handle the defensive side of things.

I also think there's a slight chance that you can play in Robbie's position if you impress Trap enough. So go on, give Trap a call and join the squad against Australia.
    Sept 5th is it?? Think im washing my hair sorry 86

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts
    Stephen Ireland doesn't even know who his real dad is, so he just pretends he was sent here from Krypton (as evidenced by his choice in undergarments).

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Whose actions were worst? Reidy and his late night sing along, or Ireland who told multiple lies while he threw his toys out of the pram. Is it that 'we and trap' are more happy to overlook certain players behaviour based on ability? I think we can make it to this world cup without Ireland, and the lads there fully deserve the chance to finish the job they started. I don't think Stephen Ireland deserves any part in this campaign, he has had loads of opportunities to make right what happened, and if we were already out of contention would he be 'thinking' about returning?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts
    In Italy, playing a guitar past nightfall is punishable by death.

If anything, we should be praising Trapattoni for being lenient.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    well if he came back - said im sorry and id like to come back all would be forgiven in time i think. i dont know how he would fit into trap way of playing though. still a midfield of ireland and s.reid does have a good look about it in the middle. it would be tough on whelan and andrews but we should be putting our best players out. at least we are building a very good squad going forward under trap. id like him to stay another 2 years. get him signed up i say.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    In the end, it's what Trap decides what is best for the team that matters, it's up to the other players to adjust to what Trap decides.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_peepee View Post
    I dunno. Someone here posted on this thread that Hunt said something like himself some of the current squad aren't too keen on having SI back...
    That was me !! but I was only stating what I heard a journo say on Radio, however I'd believe that fool is well capable of talking too much

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Manblue View Post
    Sept 5th is it?? Think im washing my hair sorry 86
    Stephen Ir .... I mean manblue any idea why your.. I mean Stephen's father keeps making statements to the media of his son's impending return? Surely if these claims aren't true then your/his father needs to stop spreading rumours that only contribute to making it more difficult for his son to return if ever he desides to do so.
    Last edited by youngirish; 09/06/2009 at 3:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Whose actions were worst? Reidy and his late night sing along, or Ireland who told multiple lies while he threw his toys out of the pram. Is it that 'we and trap' are more happy to overlook certain players behaviour based on ability?
    The difference between Reid and SI is that Reid did what he did when Trap was manager. SI hasnt personally questioned Traps authority so no, its nothing to do with overlooking certain players behaviour based on behaviour.

I doubt if SI will be back for the world cup anyway (provided we make it). The controversy and disruption it would cause, would be huge. Personally I dont think he would want the attention.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan86 View Post
    In Italy, playing a guitar past nightfall is punishable by death....
    And resurrecting your dead grannies is worthy of canonisation!
    Honest! I am not a secret Tim nor a closet Sham - I really am a Seagull.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts

Andy could have been one too many renditions of the night's most popular refrain
    "Where's your granny gone? Where's your (other) granny gone?"

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    I think it is unlikely that he will return. If he does, it'll be for the Australia friendly. I think Trapp is handling this very well. Basically saying that the door is open but that you come back on his terms. He's not chasing him.

If Ireland wants to come back then I think he should be able to. We all make mistakes and he wants to atone for them I think. That's admirable.

Let's see where this goes and welcome him back if he indeed does come back.
    There is no such thing as a miracle cure, a free lunch or a humble opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle_Joe View Post
    I doubt if SI will be back for the world cup anyway (provided we make it). The controversy and disruption it would cause, would be huge. Personally I dont think he would want the attention.
    not so sure about that. he could return for the australia friendly in limerick where he wont get too much abuse id imagine given the way munster people support their own. the next game is then away followed shortly by another limerick friendly. next thing you know its 4 weeks later and he's back in croke park yet the sting of his return has been largely reduced by him already having played a part in 3 games, him playing well and Ireland on the verge of wc qualification. its doable without too much fuss