Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Pre-Season Friendlies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers fan View Post
    in all fairness coleman is unreal, butler looks quite good and peers is one of our best players. We are only one center half short of a good defense and almeida could be the man,we'll see. Having said that for the pats game our defense does not look great.

Your right, I was talking in relation to the Pats game.
    Whats that comin' over the hill

It's the Monster,

The Cookie Monster!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    good win,even though i thought athlone were very poor.having said that you can only beat what's put in front of you and we did that well in the second half.thought judgie did really well and will have given cookie something to think about now.also a word on doherty...big improvement on last week and is showing signs that he can be a decent player for us. a few of us here pointed out that he hadn't played well against harps but in fairness to him he responded well and put in a good performance this week.things are looking good from these pre season games but don't want to read too much into them because i do feel the opposition have been very poor.roll on pats!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I'd not get too carried away with Saturday's performance for a couple of reasons.
    That was Athlone's third game in five days which really tells it's own story. Their players were jaded so it's really unfair to say they were a poor side. Our lads were fresh having played less friendlies overall than Town played in the past week. Of course we were going to finish strong and considering our two final goals came in the closing minutes it's a poor reflection on the overall game. Town are a first division outfit with many ex-Rovers players so realistically we should have had them dead and buried before half time.
    Very few of our players stood out to be the full-time professionals that they are. I know we shouldn't judge them on friendlies but try and tell Paul Cook that.
    A disapointing night and to be honest I dread to think what Pats will do to us on Friday night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clubman View Post
    I'd not get too carried away with Saturday's performance for a couple of reasons.
    That was Athlone's third game in five days which really tells it's own story. Their players were jaded so it's really unfair to say they were a poor side. Our lads were fresh having played less friendlies overall than Town played in the past week. Of course we were going to finish strong and considering our two final goals came in the closing minutes it's a poor reflection on the overall game. Town are a first division outfit with many ex-Rovers players so realistically we should have had them dead and buried before half time.
    Very few of our players stood out to be the full-time professionals that they are. I know we shouldn't judge them on friendlies but try and tell Paul Cook that.
    A disapointing night and to be honest I dread to think what Pats will do to us on Friday night.
    well we performed worse against monaghan in a friendly before the start of last season and we still bet galway. The conditions against athlone were poor and we a bit of sharpness we could have scored 7 goals imo. Athlone have played more games than us and hence are more likely to be match fit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clubman View Post
    Ah here. If Athlone are jaded at this stage of the season i don't hold much hope for them!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Looking forward to see us play on the surface in Inchacore.
    Whats that comin' over the hill

It's the Monster,

The Cookie Monster!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Red&White Rover View Post
    Ah here. If Athlone are jaded at this stage of the season i don't hold much hope for them!
    in fairness, 3 games in 5 days would have any professional team moaning - athlone are part-timers so why wouldnt they be tired playing 3 in quick succession.
    "Excuses are the nails used to build a house of failure"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pre Season

]i dont think Saturdays game can really account for anything
    Athlone i think can be happy with their first half performance but after conceeding a goal at the beginning of the second half they can only go down hill from there.
    point being : move on from sat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

interview with the gaffer

I dont know if this was put up already

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXytVst_Kbg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by red metal View Post
    I dont know if this was put up already

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXytVst_Kbg
    Nice one - have to love Droggeder & Shamroccchhh.
    "Even if the wind stops to blow
    Even if the sea ceases to flow
    Even if the sun ceases to rise
    The name of Sligo Rovers will shine and shine forever like the morning star glittering in the sky."

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011