Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cork City FC Receive "Severe Warning" from Disciplinary Commission

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Cork City FC Receive "Severe Warning" from Disciplinary Commission

Cork City FC Receive "Severe Warning" from Disciplinary Commission
    Cork City Football Club have been issued with a "severe warning" by the FAI's Disciplinary Commission following it's meeting on May 23rd. The warning relates to the game against St. Patrick's Athletic at Turner's Cross on May 3rd. The warning stated that the Disciplinary Commission had decided "To issue your club with a severe warning in relation to your club's supporters' behaviour for all future matches."

Manager Damien Richardson told CorkCityFC.ie that he was disappointed with the harshness of the warning issued, stating that "the Rebel Army have proven themselves to be the best and most colourful fans in the country. However, we acknowledge that both UEFA and the FAI are determined to implement a family friendly atmosphere at games across Europe. These demands require the most sporting behaviour from fans across the continent."

The obvious ramifications of this warning are that Cork City FC would be vulnerable to hefty fines should the behaviour of players and supporters not measure up to the now strict requirements.

Richardson went on to comment: "The rapport between Cork City fans and visiting goalkeepers has been one of the most enjoyable aspects of games at Turner's Cross. Players such as Tony O'Dowd, Stephen O'Brien and Alan Gough have all enjoyed banter with the Rebel Army and, indeed, have commented on how they have enjoyed their experiences as opposition players at Turner's Cross." Captain Dan Murray is under no doubt that "The Rebel Army have proven themselves to be our Twelfth Man, and the best supporters in the business."

Cork City Football Club believes that it is an essential part of all future success that our supporters continue to make Turner's Cross one of the most atmospheric and hostile, yet sporting, venues in Irish football. Our supporters are our "Twelfth Man" and their support is greatly appreciated and valued by everyone at the club.
    Kom Igen, FCK...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    That warning sure does sound severe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    is all this coming from mcdonnells rant?

bizarre stuff

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    the FAI are Killing atmosphere at games! we might aswell all give up and start watching bowls or something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    That's rick coming from a shams supporter,you lot want every negative comment against your club to be deleted.

There's a difference between atmosphere and a vendetta.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    That is a disgrace, just for chanting at Ryan. Severe warning my arse, **** off FAI!
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Pats fans could clearly be heard giving Des Byrne dogs abuse on Monday
    Will they get a warning?
    Champions 2010
    Champions 2011
    Dick Brush 1 Sligo 0
    Bohs are going bust.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    That is a disgrace, just for chanting at Ryan. Severe warning my arse, **** off FAI!
    It was clearly chanting about drug abuse. If I was nearby I dont think I would want my child listening to that crap. From the article it would seem it was more of a concern for the young/family fans around as opposed than Ryan himself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoops1 View Post
    Will they get a warning?
    Why dont you make a complaint about that to the FAI,im sure SRFC know all the ins and outs of the disciplinary procedures being at the receiving end of it quite a bit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyl10 View Post
    It was clearly chanting about drug abuse. If I was nearby I dont think I would want my child listening to that crap.
    Well don't bring yer child to a match then. I do laugh at people giving out about people using bad language at football matches, or heaven forbid, someone standing up at a match. I mean FFS, it's not mass yer going to! Plus, Ryan was previously caught for taking drugs so in fairness, he is obviously an easy target for abuse.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Surprised it hasn't been said yet, but:

Ridden Rock Soild!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    505 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    Well don't bring yer child to a match then.
    How would you like it if you weren't brought to matches when you were a kid? How would you like if you weren't allowed bring your own kids to matches later in life? It's a rite of passage ffs!

I brought my kid to a City match when he was 8 and he loved it, but we could both have done without the knackers shouting abuse at people in our ears. Why should he put up with that crap?

For that matter, why should I? I'm no prude, in fact people have complained about the amount I curse in company, but I don't shout it at people, and I certainly don't shout it at strangers.

adam
    Last edited by dahamsta; 31/05/2007 at 3:19 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    The 'severe warning' is absolute nonsense.

The chanting at Ryan was no worse than he gets at any other ground in the country and certainly no worse than any of the chanting that was aimed at george o'callaghan last season.

Ryan played along with it on the night, which is half the reason it was sustained. This is all down to Johnny McDonnell and his stupidity. The severe warning should have been directed squarely at a man who ran from his technical area at the end of the game to scream and gesticulate at fans, that was an incident far more worthy of inverstigation, but the FAI have proven themselves inept again.

Re: Kids at games; Cork City have a designated Family enclosure specifically aimed at keeping younger kids involved and entertained. It's separated by quite a distance from any chants that the Shed or opposing fans make.

Mountains out of molehills and it's onjly going to result in more abuse being thrown at Pat's when they're next down, more likely McD will be on the receiving end this time though.
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    It's PCGM I tell you
    I'm what? I'm ants at a picnic?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dahamsta View Post
    How would you like it if you weren't brought to matches when you were a kid? How would you like if you weren't allowed bring your own kids to matches later in life? It's a rite of passage ffs!

I brought my kid to a City match when he was 8 and he loved it, but we could both have done without the knackers shouting abuse at people in our ears. Why should he put up with that crap?

For that matter, why should I? I'm no prude, in fact people have complained about the amount I curse in company, but I don't shout it at people, and I certainly don't shout it at strangers.
    POTM - Family enclosures are fairly unrealistic given the numbers attending games, but if clubs WANT to have a future, they need to make provision for children. Often part of the deal in getting to a game, for some parents, is to bring their children.

The hard men with the ready torrents of abuse (most of whom have had two thimblefuls of buckfast on their way to the ground) might find it hard to tolerate the younger generation, but IMO, they have a lot of growing up to do themselves.
    Less Whining
    Less Moaning

What are YOU doing to make it better?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    No al Calcio Moderno.

Disgusted

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    That's just terrible. It's ricidulous how far FIFA/UEFA and the FAI are pushing things now.

I noticed in the programme for the Bray UCD match the other night our GM wrote a piece about Bray fans abusing players, fans and officials. I found it pretty annoying and I wasn't the only one either. Effectively they are trying to stamp out the atmosphere at games. Now I don't know how far they'll push this one but if I was ever to get thrown out for cursing I assure you I wouldn't be coming back. If they want to protect the families they can put them in other areas of the grounds. Simple as.
    Last edited by superfrank; 31/05/2007 at 9:29 AM.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Bad season getting worse for the Rebel army. "Severe Warning and "Severe inconsistancy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Football is for football fans and football fans shout abuse. Its part of the game. Its part of what makes the atmosphere real as opposed to the sanitised organised chanting at american sports. The abuse for Ryan I beleive was coming from the shed. If you want to bring your kid to a game and you don't want them to hear the abuse, don't sit with the hardcore fans. Most grounds have areas that are far enough away from that. The warning is ludicrous in the extreme. Its no different from the abuse any player or manager gets (Geoghan - phone related, Scully - adultery related, Keeley - divorce related, Digger - Dwarf related, ALL PATS PLAYERS AND FANS INCLUDING EX PLAYERS PLAYING FOR OTHER CLUBS - Junkie related.) Most players know this is part of the game and can handle it. I'm sure Ryan can too as he's been getting it for long enough. McDonnels rant was simply the bluster of a man who couldn't handle losing a game. Now that he's got this result he'll continue to whinge. The whole thing cheapens any condemnation of the Webb affair too. If anything the FAI's reaction should have been - John McDonnell, Yellow Card for diving.
    The day the "atmosphere" at a football match involves "family friendly" pre arranged chanting only is the day I stop going to football. Or would you rather we had a foot.ie approach to chanting. How about "The referee's a" then a pause where the word should be before repeating "The referee's a".

Any chance of someone posting up the article in the Cork City programme from the night you played us? I thought it really hit the nail on the head.
    TO TELL THE TRUTH IS REVOLUTIONARY

The ONLY foot.ie user with a type of logic named after them!

All of this has happened before. All of it will happen again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoops1 View Post
    Yerp, and he deserved it. As did Barry Ryan. Stoopid decision
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast