Thread: Limerick 37 V Finn Harps

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts

Limerick 37 V Finn Harps

Match Preview now up on www.finnharps.com

Should be an interesting game. We've made a poor start and are desperate for the points but Limerick have been solid so far. I'd expect a good crowd too as there's sod all else to do on Good Friday.

Dunno how much the suspensions will hurt Limerick, Harps are near full strength with only Funston ruled out.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Galway Harps View Post

Should be an interesting game. We've made a poor start and are desperate for the points but Limerick have been solid so far. I'd expect a good crowd too as there's sod all else to do on Good Friday.

Dunno how much the suspensions will hurt Limerick, Harps are near full strength with only Funston ruled out.
    I was expecting a good crowd for this too, but the local rag decided to slaughter us in the paper today after getting their match report for our cup game off aertel last night.

You'd swear they were worried we might take some of Munster's precious support away from them

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Galway Harps View Post

The suspensions shouldn't have much impact on us if the regular team is available, none of the three suspended have been on the first choice list up to now. I don't know what the story is with the usual lads though, if their not available then we will be in trouble.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Lads I heard this is a 6.45pm start, is this true? If so, why?! Pain in the arse, I'll barely make kick-off. Some of us have to work like......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4tothefloor View Post
    Lads I heard this is a 6.45pm start, is this true? If so, why?! Pain in the arse, I'll barely make kick-off. Some of us have to work like......
    Who told you this? websites all say 7.45, did you not put your clock forward!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Does any Limerick fan know if badges/scarves and the like will be ready for Friday? Was talking to a Limerick fan at Cobh the other night and he didn't know when they'd be ready.
    Football is life. The rest is mere detail...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by colblimp View Post
    Does any Limerick fan know if badges/scarves and the like will be ready for Friday? Was talking to a Limerick fan at Cobh the other night and he didn't know when they'd be ready.
    badges arent here yet but scarves and more are here for weeks now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by colblimp View Post
    You can even get flags/car flags and special edition home/away/3rd replica jerseys, tracksuits and jackets without the sponsers logo! we dont have to prostitute ourselves up here you know!!! Are you coming? Any chance of a Cork pin badge? i can give you the money or swap for a ultra rare Limerick FC one!!!
    Last edited by Monkfish; 05/04/2007 at 4:25 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkfish View Post
    You can even get flags/car flags and special edition home/away/3rd replica jerseys, tracksuits and jackets without the sponsers logo! we dont have to prostitute ourselves up here you know!!! Are you coming? Any chance of a Cork pin badge? i can give you the money or swap for a ultra rare Limerick FC one!!!
    It was in one of the papers as 6.45pm, which is probably how it got about. We're going to have to call you 'Pin Badge Kev' soon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4tothefloor View Post
    It was in one of the papers as 6.45pm, which is probably how it got about. We're going to have to call you 'Pin Badge Kev' soon
    Iv been called worse, i like pin badge prostitute though!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I was expecting a good crowd for this too, but the local rag decided to slaughter us in the paper today after getting their match report for our cup game off aertel last night.

You'd swear they were worried we might take some of Munster's precious support away from them

Do you have a copy of the paper report??Which paper??
    "You'll not see nothing like the Shelbourne team"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shelbourne1904 View Post
    Do you have a copy of the paper report??Which paper??
    Wednesday's Limerick Leader, it ran the headline of 'Limerick 37 Self-Destruct', and made no mention of any of the disputed decisions during the Cobh game, I e mailed the Leader about it and was told that whilst they hadn't sent a reporter to the game, they knew someone who was at it who gave them updates, which is probably lies to be honest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    So they now do articles on matches based someone they know being at a match.Does that not qualify as hearsay only??
    I saw one of their recent reports I forget which match and it was a load of rambling with no detail of the game which they obviously had noone at either.

Next theyll be sending reports on games from the jacks in Thomond Park....hopefully at the same time the bulldozers are in action.

The Sporting Capital delusion again.
    "You'll not see nothing like the Shelbourne team"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Wasent this the same paper thet ran a headline 'LEADER BANNED FROM HOGAN PARK' when they were told they'd have to pay at the gate. If they had any integrity it would have said 'FREE ENTRY STOPPED BECAUSE OF LIES TOLD THE WEEK BEFORE, WE CAN STILL GO IN BUT WE HAVE TO PAY'.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lads thats a tad harsh. The coverage has been fanastic this season. There's a new sports editor who has really pushed football forward in there and we're getting tons of positive stories in nearly every single paper they've brought out since the start of the season. Jumping on the one negative story is completely mising the vastly positive coverage we've recieved.
    Limerick 3:7
    "Marvel not that I said unto thee, ye must be born again"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thelimerick View Post
    Lads thats a tad harsh. The coverage has been fanastic this season. There's a new sports editor who has really pushed football forward in there and we're getting tons of positive stories in nearly every single paper they've brought out since the start of the season. Jumping on the one negative story is completely mising the vastly positive coverage we've recieved.
    Like the club getting its licence on a Friday and the paper squeezing in a little piece on the following TUESDAY, the following week it gleefully reported that there was trouble amongst the LDMC because of us using Jackman Park, when things got sorted what did we hear? NOTHING. We beat Shamrock Rovers twice in a week last season, what did we get? small report on the match and a weeks supply of the same story of a fight outside a pub near the ground, and i guess it would be too much to ask for them to spell uefa right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    totally agree wit you the new editor is a goog guy and has promoted soccer in clare recently and did a great job....
    Fair play and lets hope it continues

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Look I know you have to come across all nicey pie on the net nowadays but the Quisling like antics aren't going to fool any of the real fans on here so why bother.

The Leader is a rag sheet which should be boycotted by any self-respecting Blues fan until it undergoes a serious attitude adjustment.

Frankly, I wouldn't use it to wipe my ar$e

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Dont know the editor to say anything bad about the guy but agree with the lads above that "paper! has only given limerick nothing but bad press tru the years. Only for one or two blues fans working there promting the "sports dept" we are lucky to see the aertel report at most. They still owe me money for articles written (some of the finest sports journalism that paper has ever seen i may add ) but i dont think anyone here, can suggest (unless they have a link to the leader) that it has given Limerick a fair crack ever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    The Limerick Leader is a bog warrior farmer paper for GAA heads and people in to Zettor Tractors. Over the last few years it has gone cosmopolitan with some fantastic Munster Rugby coverage. It is now a fully paid up member of the L.B.P.S.B (Limerick Bandwagon-jumping Prawn Sandwich Brigade) joining other luminaries such as The entire Celia Holman Lee modelling agency, all the 'Super pubs' in town, every car dealership in Limerick, Tom, Dick and Harry and of course the prestigious Limerick Live95fm

When they start covering Limerick Senior Soccer properly, I might start buying it. When I say properly, I mean: Detailed match reports and picture spreads. Interviews. Analysis. Match previews. Discussion articles. There should AT LEAST be a page given over to Limerick 37, if not two. Just like they do for GAA and Munster. But if they continue to give for instance, Limerick U21 hurlers more coverage than Limerick 37, well they can go s**t in a hat for all I care....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast