Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bucks

Neil

Bucks

Heard last night that Anthony Buckley is definitely gone from Cork City. Gunther's immense man-management skills come to the fore again with this one.

Best of luck Bucks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yeah I heard a rumour that he had a bust-up with Gunther and said that he never wants to play for city again

Lets hope theres no truth to it.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Can you not read COM, he said that Bucks has left due to a fight with Gunther. Bucks was let go with 'mutual consent'.

fonzi
    F**K SAKE GUNTHER ya toss*r
    why did ya hafta go an do that?
    eh?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well if he does leave, and it would be a shame if he did, it wouldnt be the worst thing in the world. Bucks isnt the most consistant player in the squad, he's very injury prone and even when he is ontop of his own game and free from injury, he isnt the best player around and IMO he doesnt contribute alot to the team besides effort, but effort alone isnt good enough. A good squad player, but not as good as O'Grady, Bennett, (posibly) Greg & (hopefully) Reynolds.
    As I say, we're just young & a bit nieve.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    He was good before he went away to america. i think he's been a waste of space since he came back. i'm glad he's gone, we need to get rid of the dead wood.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

Talking

I agree, he was without a doubt our worst player last season, and that's saying something.

We're better off without him.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would have thought that more of ye would be saying what a loss he was and it was all Gunther's fault... just for the sake of being Anti-Gunther! Im very disapointed in ye lads!
    As I say, we're just young & a bit nieve.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Angry Long Ball Warning!

I've no inside knowledge but could tell Gunther & Bucks body language in the last few months that not all was well.

This is a worrying trend of Gunther p***ing off the more experienced players on the team. I believe Gunther is unable to work with anyone older than their early 20's.

Bucks may not have been the best player last year but i don't belive he was the worst either. Seeing as our midfield spend most of the game watching the (long) balls fly over their heads i'm surprised any of them are able too flurrish. Tynan, Herrick, Flanagan, Ollie, Cotter, Moore, now Bucks & possibly Colin O'Brien have left the club in the last year.

BEWARE Gunther is constructing a team to play his long ball game.

Last edited by pete; 13/05/2002 at 11:12 AM.

Neil

Re: Long Ball Warning!

Originally posted by pete
    BEWARE Gunther is constructing a team to play his long ball game.
    Just one more season left for Gunther. We can't get rid of him now - it would cost too much much. But anymore rubbish like last season and he'd need some neck to sign another contract.

Bucks isin't the only one who disagrees constantly with Gunther. I've heard that the majority of the squad have no time for him personally or for his style of play.

It's great that we are signing the likes of Billy Woods but with Murphy in charge it will all be in vein.

1 more season. Pass down the Rope there.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    i don't think Bucks played too well last season, but what do you expect when the manager is so utterly stupid. Bucks likes to keep the ball on the deck and play in the centre- his orders were to get out on the wing and hoof it, no wonder he didn't look too good! It's not the loss of bucks as a player that concerns me particularly, but the fact that its another sign of that meglomanic little git on his power trips booting out anyone who won't play his appalling and ineffective brand of "football."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    exactly same with jimmy the gnome,
    mulligan was a class player with harps and scored alot of goals playing behind a front man, he too didnt look the best plast year, as didnt bucks from the matches i saw.

the reasons for this though i would put down to playing for a team that has little confidence in a manager that plays players out of position,

but in all fairness to gunther he did pick up an injury playing for city years ago so that excuses all the mistakes

[SIZE=1]*Neil you found that rope yet? *[/SIZE]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I think what we have to look at this time, is that Gunther has left Bucks go and replaced him with 3 signings....one proven quality(Woodsie) and 2 with good potential....maybe we should give the man a chance. lets support the club this time, a bit of optimism does wonders

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by Pablo
    I think what we have to look at this time, is that Gunther has left Bucks go and replaced him with 3 signings
    Yeah, but look at the number of players who he got rid of and didn't replace- optimism is all well and good, but I can't manage it when it comes to grunter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    now that most of the dead wood is gone, it'll help too. a young team, a few signings, fridays at the X! i cant help but feel optimistic?

Have you ever considered actually suppoting the team this year? lets wipe the slate clean i say.

Neil
    now that most of the dead wood is gone
    The deadest wood of all is a fella by the name of Gunther Murphy.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The football style commonly known as "hoofing" doesn't work, and it doesn't show any of the players in the best light. That's what has to chance, albeit with a change of manager eventually. But then the players can show some skills...

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Angry Hoofers

Have you ever considered actually suppoting the team this year? lets wipe the slate clean i say.
    Theres a difference between supprting a team & following the team (over the cliff).

Its all very well for a manager to want to bring in players to play the football he wants but remember Liam has been assistant manager at the club for years & has worked with many of these players for years. What has made all these people "bad players" overnight.

Whatever about the standard of football being played Gunther seems incapable of working with players that aren't too young to know any better or haven't been at the club long enough to know any better.

I think Gunthers been watching too many videos of Ireland under Jack Charlton - expect to see Carey "converted" to a right winger soon to accomadate Deccie at right back.

btw its not just city fans who see us as hoofers - almost all others supporters bored by Gunthers brand of footie by now too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    City won the league playing that type of football.......i'd pick sucess over style anyday.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    City won the league playing that type of football.......i'd pick sucess over style anyday.
    Point made but that was a different time just like Mick McCarthy wouldn't get to the WC playing that brand of footie now either.

I've nothing against long passes as long as not aimless long passes (i.e. a hoof)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast