Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dublin City fans

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Dublin City fans

Im not trying to pull the p!ss or anything i just want to know how many Dublin City fans do you guys think there are.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Between 12 and 15(on a good night).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    About 1000

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek
    About 1000
    , . Most of your fans must show their support by not going to the matches then is it?
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    "Rockstar" PFO if you wouldn't mind.
    We sell about 120 season tickets, with roughly the same numbers again who come along once in a while (own a jersey/saw us at Tolka/Whitehall etc) So it's hard to tell. But moronic Carkie etc comments aside, the numbers we have are growing and we can create a bit of a buzz when we have to. I thought the other night was a good example of how far we've come in the last few years, bearing in mind NONE of the City fans I know (which is most of em ) EVER followed Home Farm, so have only begun following the club during the last 4 years, most of them only in the last 2.
    Fans of Dublin City have great respect for all the clubs in the League, particularly those who have a commendable history like Sligo. All we ask is to be given the chance to make our own history which started in 2001. We don't pretend to be anything we're not, but people who support this club are supporters of Irish soccer, not barstoolers. There's alot this club wants to achieve on and off the pitch, and every year we hope to get closer to fulfilling that ambition. It's not easy following a club that doesn't have all the building blocks already in place, but we hope to be a part of that building process. If we can get a couple of hundred supporters showing up this season (and with our impending return to Whitehall) I see no reason why we can't be close to the 1,000 mark within the next 5 years or so. That's the goal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maynard
    I thought the other night was a good example of how far we've come in the last few years, bearing in mind NONE of the City fans I know (which is most of em ) EVER followed Home Farm, so have only begun following the club during the last 4 years, most of them only in the last 2.
    It's funny how people say there's too many Dublin clubs and that that's only to the detriment of Dublin soccer overstretching things for the others. If what you say is the case then that's 100 or so extra fans attracted to the league who may well have never supported one of the current clubs. I just wish Dublin City would settle out of other club's catchment areas. But rather for the reason that they're hampering other clubs I think they are hampering themselves as they won't get any fans down in Inchicore. Hopefully you'll be back in Whitehall soon.

However 1,000 fans is highly ambitous, not that that is a bad thing by any means. UCD have been at it for several deacdes now and we have increased the fanbase very slowly. But you do have some important connections we don't like the Carrolls one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student
    If what you say is the case then that's 100 or so extra fans attracted to the league who may well have never supported one of the current clubs. I just wish Dublin City would settle out of other club's catchment areas.
    I "supported" english football for years and never followed any one Eircom team, I want to the odd Eircom game and never felt the urge to support a team until I came across Dublin City, I instantly felt at home. I reckon there are loads of people like me who just need a little push and then they will get hooked. That is why there is plenty of room for the Dubs, as an ex barstooler I know the people are there waiting to be converted. I enjoy the live game so much that I am cancelling my sky sports!

In Dubland everyday you will see thousands of kids/adults in english premier league team kit who never go to Eircom games, they are the people that we and the league needs to target. I have'nt worn my man u top for about 18 months and will probably never wear it again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    About 1000

and the average crowd at an Eircom League game is 50,000

dope

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    I have'nt worn my man u top for about 18 months and will probably never wear it again.

youre not the only one, stopped supporting united 6 years ago after they won the treble,got too much into rovers

GO ON THE LOI!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers1

and the average crowd at an Eircom League game is 50,000

dope
    I was joking you dipstick

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Foot.ie! City Till I Dieeee!

Im in the same boat... I was also an English club (Leicester City.. shhh!) fan for many years & use to laugh at EL & wud've rather watched a fashion show before seein a home grown club game. (I never went to a fashion show nor do I wish to by the way anytime soon, but ya know wat I mean.) I dont wear their jersey anymore either. Good luck to them but Im a solo Dublin City Viking now..

Dublin City bein in the situation it is (young & ambitious) was & is the best reason for some of us gullible 'English football supporters' to wake up & help our own..

It's either stupidity or shyness that has most of our lot attached to other clubs but our own. End of the day if ya dont have any solid or true identity with the club involved (like many of our crowd in Ireland) there is no point in the long term factor..

So all us, new & old dedicated EL/LOI supporters can only somehow teach if ya will the devolpin circumstances of the footballin world that's ruinin so many Irish teams..

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

dc

i am going to agree with a few of ye there in regards to no longer supporting the english league, i wont say i have turned my back on it completey
    just over the past few years i have prefered to go and actually watch the game live, rather than sit in a pub staring at the tv with the "football experts" either side of me telling me what such and such a player is doing wrong

fair enough i support athlone, and at the moment we are the worst team in the league, but i still rather go down to crappy st. mels on a friday evening or to any away match i can, which has been most of them
    Peter Griffin, Family Guy "I'm not drunk, I'm just exhausted from being up all night drinkin'"

Heine Fernandez is a tactical genius!!!!!! HB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    I have totally given up on foreign football. Couldn't even be bothered switching on the TV to watch it.

Nothing better than going to a live match in ST Mels on a Friday night even if we are at the moment the worst team in the league according to the table at the moment

The sunshiners have left ST Mels so it is only the die hards left for now.

Follow Us on Facebook and Twitter

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Do the Eircom League publish match attendances?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student
    But you do have some important connections we don't like the Carrolls one.

Why

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Castle Barracks
    Do the Eircom League publish match attendances?
    No. Some clubs release official attendances though.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo
    Why
    I think he was trying to say they don't have any connections like the carrolls one, not "we don't like the the carrolls one".

It should have read,
    But you do have some important connections we don't, like the Carrolls one.

It was actually a complement to both the club and our main sponsors, i think.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    a bit like eats shoots & leaves or eats, shoots & leaves

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo
    a bit like eats shoots & leaves or eats, shoots & leaves
    Kinda, only not with such a suggestive subject matter, although you did get worked up like a women scorned.

Just wondering what top was derek wearing that got you all annoyed, can't remember

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Breifne
    Kinda, only not with such a suggestive subject matter, although you did get worked up like a women scorned.

Just wondering what top was derek wearing that got you all annoyed, can't remember

Derek said at the start of the game, that we hadn't won a game when he'd been wearing it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast