Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Preview: City -v- Drogs Friday 22nd April

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Preview: City -v- Drogs Friday 22nd April

Noticed a lot more pre-match threads last season. It is a pity it is not done more, IMO.
    So I am starting this one, with the following comments.
    1. After the result against Bohs, if the weather is any way decent on the night, I would expect 4,500 to attend.
    2. I hope that the family enclosure people tone down the drumming a bit. The roof of the DF acted as an amplifier. My kids had a headache and asked to leave for the quieter confines of the shed. If the weather is kind, any chance they go in St. Anne's end?
    As Behan stuck another one away up in Dalyer, Rico will probably not give Flynnie a run in that position; but how about dropping Billy Woods and bringing Flynnie in on the right?
    Injustice anywhere threatens justice everywhere - Martin Luther King Jnr.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Speaking to fellow Drogs at the Rovers game last night and we expect to have a good bit of support on Friday night - some are flying down , while quite a few intend driving, so I would expect a big increase of travelling Drogs from last season. Looking forward to the game.

Understand that you have changed your "away" section , whats the story there? Anyway , most of us intend to meet up in the Horseshoe so the pre-match craic should be good.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman
    Understand that you have changed your "away" section , whats the story there? Anyway , most of us intend to meet up in the Horseshoe so the pre-match craic should be good.
    Away section has moved directly opposite side of ground at the St Anness End of the Derrynane stand. I think ye may have to enter from St Annes End of ground too but probably not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    If this game is anything like the corresponding fixture last season then it should be a cracker. 3-2 to City, two red cards and some very good goals.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    'If this game is anything like the corresponding fixture last season then it should be a cracker. 3-2 to City, two red cards and some very good goals.'

Last season was the first time i ever left cork thinking we should've claimed all points. Very disappointing. First match Sweeney did a georgie and made the most of a tackle to get Alan Reilly sent off (he more or less admitted it to me after the match) - second match fabio got stupidly sent off. Not sure about the first match, but if we had've kept 11 players on the pitch for the 2nd we would've got all 3 points.

Looking forward to friday - wouldnt take a point if offered now though - we're more than capable of getting all 3 points .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sullanefc
    If this game is anything like the corresponding fixture last season then it should be a cracker. 3-2 to City, two red cards and some very good goals.
    but remember the first time we played them it was a boring 0-0 draw.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fair_play_boy
    but how about dropping Billy Woods and bringing Flynnie in on the right?
    God no, if anything I'd play Roy O'Donovan instead of Woodsie.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Looking forward to Friday's game.

Most of our games with each other in recent years tend to have a fair few goals.

Flynny always does well against them. Remember the 4-1 win a couple of years ago when he got one of the best goals seen atthe Cross (back to the Shed goal, he swivelled and hit an unstopable volley into the top right hand corner - brilliant).

Reckon there will be a big crowd - if the weather stays fine. Most people getting a feeling that there is a smell of success in the air with this team.

Good to see there will be some travelling support to create an atmosphere.

3 more points and the gap stretching further between ourselves and the "chasing pack"

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    The 3-2 game last season was a cracker.

Drogs seem to be shipping some goals at the back with almost completely new defense so if city can keep another clean sheet then hopefully another 3 points.

City have only conceeded 2 goals in 7 league & setanta games so far. We really shouldn't have conceeded any at all. We the quality in attack we have clean sheets could win us a title.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Counting Crow
    . . . he got one of the best goals seen at the Cross (back to the Shed goal, he swivelled and hit an unstopable volley into the top right hand corner - brilliant).
    In his first season with City he scored a similar goal at the St Annes end, running along the top of the box towards Derrynane, he took a shot which looped the keeper and hit the netting just inside the left upright. Nominated for goal of the year on EL Weekly or Chorus. Can't remember who the opposition were though.
    Injustice anywhere threatens justice everywhere - Martin Luther King Jnr.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anti dub
    God no, if anything I'd play Roy O'Donovan instead of Woodsie.
    And what, exactly, is wrong with Flynnie?
    Football is life. The rest is mere detail...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I hope people are not forgetting our friend DAN CONNOR will be playing Friday night..there should be a good atmosphere over that guy alone..

On the match itself i think if we are to challenge in the league we must win these games..it will be tight but we are favourites at home and also because we have a better side...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    'Good to see there will be some travelling support to create an atmosphere.'

Lads, there'll be feck all drogs theres despite what iceman said - usually theres only about 20 of us but there are a few heads going down that dont usually go down, so id say there'll be no more than 40. Drogs supporters just aren't travellers (outside dublin or longford) even if we're doing well !!

Though what will be there, will be well jarred

We're all just waiting for the team to click and when they do, someone will fell the brunt of it - we saw signs of it on friday, so its coming soon - could be very soon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Would'nt be too sure of that Cosmo , from what I hear there are Drogs traveling on Planes , Trains and Automobiles for this one , and Drogs have secured a good rate at the Rochestown Park for the romantics , who can only go if their other halves tag along for the weekend. I would predict 80-100.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    We've played well against Drogs the last few times we've played them, and I would expect us to get a good result this time too. Drogs have signed some good players but haven't started too well and its about time we turned in a performance at home. I reckon we'll either scrape a 1-0, or else give them a good thumping- bout time we did that to someone

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Its great to see a bit of added rivalry between City and teams from outside Dublin for a change..a lot of people have been commenting on the fact that Drogs have made some fairly handy signings and i can agree with that..it also seems that Drogs fans are fairly confident for a change coming to Cork..but just one thing lads..Drogs might have signed 6,7 or even 8 good players during the close season and City might not have brought in to many but remember we have had thoses good players here all along...

enjoy your pints in Cork lads and your night in the Travel Lodge because the 3 points will remain with us...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    As I said Redx we're just waiting for the new boys to 'click' – when they do, some poor team are going to be on the wrong side of it. And its getting closer to the time!!! We should have got 6 points off ye down there last season, so we owe ye one !!

Iceman, I hope you're right but I doubt it – heard one group (smitzers lot) have already dropped out. Though as you said it could be a weekend for the romantics

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo
    some poor team are going to be on the wrong side of it.
    Thats the thing, we are not a poor team.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Sorry - i meant some unfortunate team will be at the wrong side of it - and its coming soon!!!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    After 2 miserable draws there is surely a can of whoopass waiting to be opened upon a visitor to the Cross.
    Beware !!
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast