Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

View Poll Results: European Draws -keep clubs from the same nations apart?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, keep clubs from the same nation apart where possible

5 27.78%
  • No, leave the system unchanged

13 72.22%

Thread: European Draws -keep clubs from same nation apart?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

European Draws -keep clubs from same nation apart?

Just wondering if other people feel that clubs from the same nation been drawn against each other in European competition is boring. I would be in favour of keeping them apart where possible.
    I think it's boring because let's say Shels are drawn against Cork, we get to see these two clubs play each other domestically 3/4 times every season, and we already know the other team, players and style, so there's no unkown quantity / mystery.

That said that advantages of two clubs from the same nation being drawn together is that it is easier for the supporters to get to the away leg and the nation in question is guaranteed to have a club in the next round.

Your thoughts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Teams from the same country are kept apart up to the quarter finals as far as I know.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,268 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumi
    Teams from the same country are kept apart up to the quarter finals as far as I know.
    Are they? Was going to suggest that'd be a good way to work it...! (Really! )

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumi
    I think thats correct. Means this is stupid poll then? How do i vorte if i want open draw???

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What I meant ( and I thought I was fairly clear about it ) is that clubs from the same country be kept apart at all times until it is impossible to keep them apart ( e.g. unless 3 out of 4 semifinalists are from the same country ).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    100% agree. And I am against non-champions in the Champions League. The word is raped like it is now, with Italy's nr 4 qualifying more easily than the actual champions of smaller nations. The Uefa just tries to protect the already wealthy clubs and smile while looking how they get wealthier and wealthier ; how do they think the gap with clubs from smaller countries will ever get closed if they just protect the big ones ? It disgusts me, and I boycot the CL as soon as my beloved Rosenborg is no longer in it. Bring back the old system with 1 team per country ; the national championship titles in some countries are devaluated as well (you even hear Man U and Arsenal declare the second place is fine as well - before the non-champs in the Ch League they'd fight till the last second to get that first spot, now they're pleased with nr 2 Thanks UEFA )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    and yes, I rather watch Haka Valkaekosken play Ararat Yerevan in the European cup rather than watch ANOTHER Milan vs Barcelona with the same old players I've seen so many times yet...