Page 18 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: FAI Cup 2018

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passinginterest View Post
    I don't think there's a better example out there of the power of good advertising and promotion. Lidl have played a blinder in terms of promoting the ladies gaelic football. If the FAI could get a sponsor with that level of engagement involved in the FAI cup the attendances would shoot up.
    Yeah Lidl put some effort in. My sister played in all ireland junior final in crokee a couple of years back, Lidl gave every player €150 worth of health food every week in the build up to the final, came out to their training and did promo videos and all that. How hard would it be for the FAI to do a few video and TV adverts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    879 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Escobar View Post
    I think the Tolka, when it wasn't mostly falling down, had a capacity of close to 10,000.
    Naw that was the reduced number of seats in the Ballybough end after that 2002 final, maybe a few in the main stand too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    Official attendance 2002 was 9,900 iirc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,350 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Naw that was the reduced number of seats in the Ballybough end after that 2002 final, maybe a few in the main stand too.
    Don't recall there ever being more than 10,000 seats in Tolka? I'd have said it was 9,600 all seater at that stage.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusher View Post
    To think there were 50,000 at the women's All Ireland Finals on Sunday, surely the push should be on even now to push for a record attendance...by the FAI of course !
    One aspect of the attendance of Sunday's final that doesn't get reported enough is that every LGFA club in the land is forced to pay a levy (€150 I think) each year for the All-Ireland Final. In return each club gets a voucher they can redeem against tickets to that value. This has a huge knock on effect in increasing the attendance as you can either get 6 adult tickets or 2 adults and 20 kids. If a club is putting a bus on for 22 people they're going to try and fill it and then those people buy additional tickets.

There's also supporters from 6 counties too which definitely helps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    353 Posts
    Bohs 2 up in Derry......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    So Bohs continue their great form and set up a cup semi final at home to Cork! Wouldn’t say cork are looking forward to that after Friday!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shep View Post
    So Bohs continue their great form and set up a cup semi final at home to Cork! Wouldn’t say cork are looking forward to that after Friday!!
    I would hope the players are absolutely delighted to be honest. They have a chance, only 2 weeks later, to redeem themselves somewhat! They should be hurting badly, heres the perfect chance to show what they're actually capable of.

On the other hand, I'm sure Bohs will be flying high on confidence heading into it, and why wouldn't they be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shep View Post
    Bohs are in great form. I doubt any team relishes playing them in Dalymount at the moment.

It is a great opportunity for Delaney to redeem himself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Bohs are in great form. I doubt any team relishes playing them in Dalymount at the moment.

It is a great opportunity for Delaney to redeem himself.
    I'd be shocked if he starts to be honest.

But a trip back to an in form Bohs or a trip to the brandywell both had their own challenges. Happy that I get to go with it in Dublin anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    332 Posts
    She wore, she wore....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Well, same old, same old in the Brandywell.

An entertaining game, with some appalling Derry City defending leading to goals. Bohs good value to be 2 up, then we decided to start playing well. Got a goal back, but couldn't get the second.
    Had a few great chances, but just couldn't convert. The usual playing out from the back still not working.

Wouldn't normally complain, but there was some brutal refereeing tonight from Rob Harvey. From throw-ins being taken from the wrong spots, to two penalties not given, then to the double handball prior to Bohs third. Poor stuff now.

Biggest away crowd of the season from Bohs. For a Wednesday, hugely impressive. First time in a years we've seen their scumbag element though. Flares, pitch invasions, altercations with stewards. I'd thought that was gone from their support. Disappointing.

That's our season over so. Can't say it's been fun. And can't see much of a change for next year barring a change in management.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    412 Posts
    Bohs were deserved winners tonight, but only because Derry were very poor. This did not look anything like the Bohs team that ran rings around Cork on Friday. For the last 30mins they were on the ropes, and the only thing that saved them was a 3rd goal on the break. If Cork turn up for the semi, they should win.

A very big Bohs travelling support btw - the biggest I can recall for a non-derby fixture - which was impressive for a Wednesday night. What was less impressive was the utter scumbag behaviour of quite a few of them, and seeing so many grown men acting like complete toddlers. Embarrassing stuff. I guess it's easy to travel in numbers for a Wednesday night fixture when you don't have jobs to get up for the next morning.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    I guess it's easy to travel in numbers for a Wednesday night fixture when you don't have jobs to get up for the next morning.
    Luckily their wives are working in the Soy Milk and Avocado toast factories back in Phibsboro

Miaow!

I cant imagine how miserable you Derry lads would be if you hadn`t just won the League Cup three days ago?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    412 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Luckily their wives are working in the Soy Milk and Avocado toast factories back in Phibsboro

Miaow!

I cant imagine how miserable you Derry lads would be if you hadn`t just won the League Cup three days ago?
    It's not about us. It's about the pure scumbags you have hanging around your club.

Those hipsters and families you're spending so much effort on trying to attract to watch Bohs won't stick around if they have to encounter d!ckheads like those you had in Derry tonight.

You've had to deal with an unsavoury element in your support before in the past (and they've also caused trouble in Derry too before - with a few even ending up in court). To Bohs' credit, they have acted previously to weed them out. Time to acknowledge that there's an element that needs removing again, before they damage the promising vibe and project you've got going around the club at the moment.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    It's not about us. It's about the pure scumbags you have hanging around your club.

Those hipsters and families you're spending so much effort on trying to attract to watch Bohs won't stick around if they have to encounter d!ckheads like those you had in Derry tonight.

You've had to deal with an unsavoury element in your support before in the past (and they've also caused trouble in Derry too before - with a few even ending up in court). To Bohs' credit, they have acted previously to weed them out. Time to acknowledge that there's an element that needs removing again, before they damage the promising vibe and project you've got going around the club at the moment.
    What did they do?

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Embarrassing stuff. I guess it's easy to travel in numbers for a Wednesday night fixture when you don't have jobs to get up for the next morning.
    You'd hardly be having a rant without knowing all the facts, would you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    What did they do?
    Didn't stone every away bus anyway, because we all know that never happens in Derry few flares let off (will somebody please think of the children) and a couple of idiots on the pitch 'celebrating' about the sum of it.Oh, and a large case of whine (home brewed) because Derry lost the game.

......hardly the football factory 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    I guess it's easy to travel in numbers for a Wednesday night fixture when you don't have jobs to get up for the next morning.
    Foot.ie - Thread - matches w/e 21 Sept. - page 2.

'I'm not one for hissy fits and assuming things I don't know' (by guess who ???????)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Wouldn't exactly say scumbag

A flare lit when the teams came out. Not thrown on the pitch, not anything. Just a red flare held until it burnt out.

That win meant a lot to the club and people ran around a bit. Nobody looked for any trouble whatsoever and there was no trouble. Get over yourself. Maybe 2 or 3 ended up on the pitch but most just went to the barriers. Nobody should go on the pitch, fair enough. Derry City Stewards wouldn't let Bohs players warm down in front of us after the game. But most wished us well in the semis on the way out.

I saw some men aggressively hugging. Disgusting behaviour.

Page 18 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast