Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: LOI Fixtures 7th/8th August 2015

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    Very entertaining game in Cobh last night. 2-2. Steven Kenny (no, the other one) scored a brilliant individual goal to make it 2-2.
    Both keepers made some great saves.
    Good advert for the first.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    879 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Mr Tayto has a long-term association with Drogheda, being a Navan man himself.
    I was thinking of Potato Mr Tayto, everyones friend - would have been funny having him sit in with the Longford fans dishing out packets of Tayto!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickccfc View Post
    Honestly, no I didn't know who was in goals For ye
    another keeper would have thrown his cap on it, it wasn't a great shot. Our keeper just happens to be useless. I thought we were worthy of a draw at least and were the better team up until they scored. Over 1,500 at the game. Not bad for a team second from bottom and not expected to take anything out of the game.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    We were wondering about that - I think the guy playing was the sub keeper anyway? We decided there was a sub sub keeper on the bench, but completely inexperienced, but even then weren't sure, so you could be right.

The second goal in particular would have been saved by a fit keeper.
    Our first choice Matt Connor picked up an injury in training a day or two before the Cobh game I think, Birdsall would be the back up all things being equal. The sub netminder on the bench was our U19 keeper for the new season, Matt Sheehan, so no experience at all, but he still should have replaced the clearly crocked Birds. I think in that last sentence you could replace 'fit keeper' with 'traffic cone' and it would still be true.

Last time against ye (at the RSC) we had great protection for our full backs on the flanks that you couldn't seem to get to grips with (particularly Glenn Hawe), but we didn't have the personnel on Friday, and it showed, especially down our right / your left, where McLaughlin and Doyle (I think) gave Dean Reidy a torrid time. Deano actually did well going forward, as did a few of our lads at times, though the lack of a striker is killing us all season, more than any other single thing IMO.
    Last edited by stann; 10/08/2015 at 7:38 AM.
    more bass

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Derry have requested a change to their kick off time on Friday due to a clash with the Man United game. Bit late now I'd have thought.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Derry have requested a change to their kick off time on Friday due to a clash with the Man United game. Bit late now I'd have thought.
    So by moving the game from Friday it would then be a midweek fixture, which always have reduced attendances. Perfect logic there. The Derry chairman then goes through the days and says it'll be difficult to get a slot for LoI games. Maybe we should all just give it up then.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2015/...-league-clash/

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    No they want to kick off earlier on Friday I think
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts
    I certainly hope this is rejected, it's hard enough to get to Derry for 7:45 on a Friday, any earlier would be a disaster.

It's starting to sound like Derry don't want any away fans to attend, maybe it's a ploy? Between this and advising supporters buses not to travel as they cannot guarantee their safety a few hundred meters from their ground!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    I certainly hope this is rejected, it's hard enough to get to Derry for 7:45 on a Friday, any earlier would be a disaster.

It's starting to sound like Derry don't want any away fans to attend, maybe it's a ploy? Between this and advising supporters buses not to travel as they cannot guarantee their safety a few hundred meters from their ground!!
    Their is no buses going from Dundalk Friday anyway. 3 of the main bus companies, and 1 lad who has his own Mini Bus have all told us they would not be taking us or anyone to Derry Friday.
    I know the ShedBoys even rang companies in Newry who said No

The game should still not be changed! This Man Utd fixture was made a good 2 months away...Why not request this ages ago?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    No they want to kick off earlier on Friday I think
    That would result in a reduced attendance aswell I'd imagine. It would reduce the away contingent and I'd say a few home fans wouldn't make it if it was brought forward a couple of hours.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    That would result in a reduced attendance aswell I'd imagine. It would reduce the away contingent and I'd say a few home fans wouldn't make it if it was brought forward a couple of hours.
    I doubt we will have 50 fans whether its on 5pm, 7.45pm even Saturday. Only people going to go are those driving and I know a few who would usually drive and have said they are not risking it.

Very bizzare that after all the issues the last 2 days with their chairman saying he cant guarantee our fans safety etc... outside the ground, They now want to change the game!

I know its hypotetical but if we were ever to play Derry away in the Semi Final of the FAI Cup (or League Cup final) Would the FAI/Sponsors be happy that basically no away fans would be in the ground?

Its a crazy siuation. As someone said on twitter, us Dundalk fans have been safer playing Linfield/Glentoran/Coleraine away than Derry! They are a strange bunch on the Bogside

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    I doubt we will have 50 fans whether its on 5pm, 7.45pm even Saturday. Only people going to go are those driving and I know a few who would usually drive and have said they are not risking it.

Very bizzare that after all the issues the last 2 days with their chairman saying he cant guarantee our fans safety etc... outside the ground, They now want to change the game!

I know its hypotetical but if we were ever to play Derry away in the Semi Final of the FAI Cup (or League Cup final) Would the FAI/Sponsors be happy that basically no away fans would be in the ground?

Its a crazy siuation. As someone said on twitter, us Dundalk fans have been safer playing Linfield/Glentoran/Coleraine away than Derry! They are a strange bunch on the Bogside
    While we will now have a small number attending the game an earlier ko would affect fans further including myself, now it won't be hundreds (these have already been affected by the bus debacle) but it'll still be a few more knocked off the support.

It's a terrible situation that Derry cannot get this issue sorted. As much as I like Derry and their genuine fans you meet in the Brandywell, if they cannot guarantee away supporters safety in and around their ground then they shouldn't be in LOI football. I know other clubs have had similar issues over the years but they seem to be able to work with the Gardai to resolve these, what is the blocker for Derry working with the PSNI?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    Mickey Mouse attitude by Derry looking to re-schedule a time in the week of a match going up against Man United. Dlk played Pats last summer at the exact same time as Spain played Holland in the WC, I think there was over 3k at it too. I cant recall exactly but I think there was a drinks promotion on and highlights in the bar after.

I hate this type of embarrassing stuff by clubs that Derry have looked into, they should be doing more to attract fans full stop never mind panicking over a clash with a match in the Eng Prem Lge (in 3 days time)

This will do nothing but put another negative angle on the league now, it probably won't be granted, but the fact that they went looking..........
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

14. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    While we will now have a small number attending the game an earlier ko would affect fans further including myself, now it won't be hundreds (these have already been affected by the bus debacle) but it'll still be a few more knocked off the support.

It's a terrible situation that Derry cannot get this issue sorted. As much as I like Derry and their genuine fans you meet in the Brandywell, if they cannot guarantee away supporters safety in and around their ground then they shouldn't be in LOI football. I know other clubs have had similar issues over the years but they seem to be able to work with the Gardai to resolve these, what is the blocker for Derry working with the PSNI?
    I think thats self explantary really. The PSNI dont police the Bogside....As someone said after the last game when our buses got smashed, the only people who can (who these scroutes would listen too) is if the Provo's in the area told them to stop!

As sad as it is in 2015, thats life in certain parts of the North (especially Derry)
    Its a pity too as we did have great with the Derry fans in the bars up there before/after games, and vise versa in Oriel

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Mickey Mouse attitude by Derry looking to re-schedule a time in the week of a match going up against Man United. Dlk played Pats last summer at the exact same time as Spain played Holland in the WC, I think there was over 3k at it too. I cant recall exactly but I think there was a drinks promotion on and highlights in the bar after.

I hate this type of embarrassing stuff by clubs that Derry have looked into, they should be doing more to attract fans full stop never mind panicking over a clash with a match in the Eng Prem Lge (in 3 days time)

This will do nothing but put another negative angle on the league now, it probably won't be granted, but the fact that they went looking..........
    That was Dundalk in Tallaght I think. Or maybe that was another Holland game. One of them was during our Dundalk game anyway.

edit: no, I'm thinking of Cork I think
    Last edited by Charlie Darwin; 11/08/2015 at 1:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    I think thats self explantary really. The PSNI dont police the Bogside....As someone said after the last game when our buses got smashed, the only people who can (who these scroutes would listen too) is if the Provo's in the area told them to stop!

As sad as it is in 2015, thats life in certain parts of the North (especially Derry)
    Its a pity too as we did have great with the Derry fans in the bars up there before/after games, and vise versa in Oriel
    But how is it acceptable that Derry can play in this league without providing any security around their ground while the rest of the teams in the league have to pay hefty fees to have Gardai police both inside and outside their ground? This ah well that's the way it is attitude is not good enough, a lot of genuine fans are going to miss out on travelling to support their team this Friday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    That was Dundalk in Tallaght I think. Or maybe that was another Holland game. One of them was during our Dundalk game anyway.

edit: no, I'm thinking of Cork I think
    Def Dlk v Pats last June, 0-0 draw, same night as Spain v Holl as I remember thinking it was a big clash, and watched the WC game in the bar after.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    We were wondering about that - I think the guy playing was the sub keeper anyway? We decided there was a sub sub keeper on the bench, but completely inexperienced, but even then weren't sure, so you could be right.

The second goal in particular would have been saved by a fit keeper.
    Listened to an interview last night from after the game Friday. We had to start two players who weren't match fit due to injuries an suspensions (one of which is now out for the season). Matthew Sheehan new U19s keeper (effectively third choice) was on the bench I find it strange why he wasn't brought on at half time as it was evident Birdsall was injured.

On the game itself our defending for the games were pretty poor scored a good goal ourselves. Officials as ever were poor some god awful decisions in the game.

Find it strange why we couldn't register a club youth player for the senior. Not liking how quite the club have been this season.

I'm putting none I've the blame on Roddy it goes a lot deeper

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    But how is it acceptable that Derry can play in this league without providing any security around their ground while the rest of the teams in the league have to pay hefty fees to have Gardai police both inside and outside their ground? This ah well that's the way it is attitude is not good enough, a lot of genuine fans are going to miss out on travelling to support their team this Friday.
    Ho wis it acceptable that Dundalks away end is uncovered and doesn't offer a full view of the pitch.

You will say "you can pay extra to enter the stand". My response is you can pay extra to park in the car park just off the Strand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    Ho wis it acceptable that Dundalks away end is uncovered and doesn't offer a full view of the pitch.

You will say "you can pay extra to enter the stand". My response is you can pay extra to park in the car park just off the Strand.
    The same way it is acceptable that Cork put away fans in a section where the seats are falling apart.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast