Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Fixtures

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Jesus are we not supposed to be signing players instead were getting rid of them gets better with each passing day ****ing hell , it's not so bad I suppose can Sean Russell play right back he's a good all rounder in fairness , you could see Hughes had lost faith in surprised duggan is not gone aswell

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Kunyuka is signing but waiting for international clearance from Thailand so that could take a while. A Spanish lad and another foreign lad are on trial too they were at the Rovers game.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    585 Posts
    I guess Shirley Valentine wasn't the only film on that night.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

4. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    did we get a fee for Hughes?lets face facts if we did it would be a great bit of business,Hughes is a local lad who most of the time gives his all but is nowhere near good enough even in our current predicament,what Sligo are at i will never know.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by da bishop View Post
    did we get a fee for Hughes?lets face facts if we did it would be a great bit of business,Hughes is a local lad who most of the time gives his all but is nowhere near good enough even in our current predicament,what Sligo are at i will never know.
    I wouldn't think so, isn't he over 23. I believe he got a very good offer from Sligo and the club wouldn't stand in his way.

Lets face it lads we are relegated. I hate losing players but signing players now could be a waste of time. All we are playing for now is pride.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    limerick need to prepare for first division next year spending money now is senseless

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!

This must be what winning the Champions League feels like!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Spare a thought for Jason Hughes who is now still yet to win a game this season.

10. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    We won,we won,we won,we won,we won ,we won,we won,we won,we won, weeeeeee wooooooon.weeeeeeeeeeee wooooooooon,yes we won,we won,we won,we won,we did,i know we did ,i was there ,we won we won,aah we won.,

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    For the record 24 games .....1WIN.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    A win next Saturday at home to Bohs and the great escape is definitely on in my opinion. The Markets Field showed all its magic last night as the crowd cheered Limerick off the pitch. 1000 people for a team 10 points adrift on a wet August weekend just proves that the move back is A success. After the Bohs game we travel to Cork before we welcome a Longford side in freefall to Limerick which is another really winnable game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    If we can get a win next week and Sligo lose to Cork that's a 4 point gap. We Probably won't get anything from Cork so hopefully Sligo lose that week also. If by some chance that happens we could be looking at playing Longford and possibly closing the gap to 1 point.

That's all a bit pie in the sky though. We have to take one game at a time and next up is Bohs.

I reckon we could see the 1,300 mark being met for that game and possibly even more.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    Spare a thought for Jason Hughes who is now still yet to win a game this season.
    Ya true ,but Hughes made a big contribution to our success last night and showed just why he is not up to it,when he was,n trying to pass it foward consistently losing possession ,he was doing what he normally does going backwards putting his teamates in trouble.the big thing for us last night imo was we had a competent keeper,after that the effort s of the players who knew they had something to hang on to[albeit we had some luck on our side and about time]and of course Sligo who were brutal and only coped themselves on after ht when moving their best player Cawley?[8],to midfield.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    509 Posts
    The Keeper was generally very solid, wouldn't fault him for the goals, your big massive lad playing center back is generally very good too, bar being beaten too easily for the 2nd goal, but he looked a bit knackered for the last 15 mins, needs pace beside him. Clark on the wing was very good. Sligo are brutal thou, the amount of times they put themselves in trouble passing it about the back line was unbelievable.

Cyril, or Cecil.. as I heard a few people in the crowd shouting at him, looks a decent front man, from what I saw of his cameo. The few personnel changes have made a big difference, there's a half decent spine now, rather than just far too many kids/weak links.

Bohs are a huge step up in comparison, I'd be happy with getting any sort of dirty draw off them.
    Last edited by Acornvilla; 02/08/2015 at 4:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Ya barr a few slips (accidental ones in the rain) I thought most our back 4 and keeper did very well. Both their goals was hard to blame anyone. The first Nzuzi went to cross, completely miss hit it, it skid along the ground catching everyone out and Lehane just tapped it in. Second was similar, bad cross, think one or two of ours slipped and the ball managed to go through for another scrappy goal. Hall made himself big on a few occasions and saved our asses.

Good to have a bit more experience at the back we were lacking.

When Lynch, Duggan, O'Connor, Turner and Clarke started linking up well they were outstanding.

O'Connor and Turner covered more ground last night than all season.

Faherty worked his socks off and took two of his chances.

Clarke's confidence seemed to go up about 10 notches as the game wore on.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    jason hughes was very poor and isn't league of ireland standard did we get a fee for him???? We need to get Clark and Duggan on long term contracts I can see bigger clubs coming in for them they were excellent against Sligo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    I presume Ndo was impressed by Hughes during his bizarre stint on the Limerick wage bill last season. Doesn't say much about his eye for a player. He doesn't seem to be up to much as a manager either which is another plus for us. Bohs and Longford at home is what will determine whether we can get back in this or not. Two results and we could be within a win of Sligo with as many as 8 games to go but if we don't close the gap in this period we'll run out of games.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    A few fans on here have been hoping Hughes would get a chance playing in front of the back 4 as a shield.

He got that chance against us, but wasn't able to offer them much protection.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    585 Posts
    Only watched the highlights of course, but I'd be very wary of this result. Winner looked fair flukey between the defensive error and the lucky bounce into the net, and Limerick needed a great performance in goal to prevent Sligo from getting one or all points. Obviously I hope it leads to more points and a bit of momentum into the last round. Bray, Derry at home, Sligo again...stranger things have happened but that's still a huge gap to bridge.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    Only watched the highlights of course, but I'd be very wary of this result. Winner looked fair flukey between the defensive error and the lucky bounce into the net, and Limerick needed a great performance in goal to prevent Sligo from getting one or all points.
    highlights didn't show chances Limerick had also - Faherty missed one about a minute into the second half, and O Connor had a shot cleared off the line. We also had a decentish penalty shout not given. Even at the end, Dean Clarke was a yard or two away from a one-on-one with the keeper.

Yes we were hanging on at the end, but we had plenty of our own chances.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast