Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 23rd round LOI -7/8/9th August.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    Having said that Dundalk mightnt fancy us even when ****e we 've bothered them in Oriel in recent years.
    Bothered??? Bane of our feckin lives. Limerick always do well against us. Definitely Dundalk's bogey team.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    One all in Hunky Dory park, Pat Huuuuban as the Dundalk FM lads would say for Dundalk, Gary O'Neill hitting back for the Drogs straight away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts
    Ref having a stinker here in humpty dumpty park. Everything going drogs way.
    Dundalk have missed a load of chances but Drogheda are right in the game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    Carlsberg don't do 88th minute winners, but if they did it'd be a Colin Healy bicycle kick

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adamd164 View Post
    Carlsberg don't do 88th minute winners, but if they did it'd be a Colin Healy bicycle kick
    Great goal, great result.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    That was one of the best goals I've ever seen live. I can't wait to see it on Monday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Louth4sam View Post
    Ref having a stinker here in humpty dumpty park. Everything going drogs way.
    Dundalk have missed a load of chances but Drogheda are right in the game
    Didn't think he was biased to either team. A few odd calls went Dundalk's way too.

Overall he was good.
    You've got no fans.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,236 Posts
    Hard not to have a grudging respect for Cork's title challenge now; they're simply not fading even though they don't seem to play particularly well.

UCD v Bohs was awful rubbish for the first half, but ended up a fairly lively game. Bohs the better side for most of it, but neither of us really had anything up front. Defences on top, keepers about one save each, 0-0 a fair result. But not the worst of 0-0s.

Anto Murphy taken off to hospital in the first half. Looked like maybe another broken ankle; second in the Bowl in successive games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MeathDrog View Post
    Didn't think he was biased to either team. A few odd calls went Dundalk's way too.

Overall he was good.
    Amazingly, aside from a few bizarre decisions in the second half, I thought he did a great job in keeping everything under control.

The game was a lot scrappier than I expected with the ball spending a lot of time in the air. Dundalk are a very high-ball side and their percentage of headed goals this season has to be a record. Kenny has done a great job with them on this and really plays to their strengths. I've no doubt they'll win the league.

in saying that, they didn't deserve the 3 points tonight and nor did we. Neither side did enough and the goalkeepers had little to do. Still a very enjoyable, edgy game all the same and I suppose we can take the point and build on it. I really think we can make some waves in the cup.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acer View Post
    Amazingly, aside from a few bizarre decisions in the second half, I thought he did a great job in keeping everything under control.

The game was a lot scrappier than I expected with the ball spending a lot of time in the air. Dundalk are a very high-ball side and their percentage of headed goals this season has to be a record. Kenny has done a great job with them on this and really plays to their strengths. I've no doubt they'll win the league.

in saying that, they didn't deserve the 3 points tonight and nor did we. Neither side did enough and the goalkeepers had little to do. Still a very enjoyable, edgy game all the same and I suppose we can take the point and build on it. I really think we can make some waves in the cup.
    So Rico is doing his best to win us another league!? You'll surely roll over when you come to Turners Cross!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Hard not to have a grudging respect for Cork's title challenge now; they're simply not fading even though they don't seem to play particularly well.
    Even though a Waterford Utd fan, I have no axe to grind with Cork. I lived, studied and worked there for years. I've been to so many of their games, going back to 1987. You might even say I have a soft spot for them... so I'm not being petty when I say I cannot remember any team in any league being so average and yet pushing for the title.

I say this with complete respect - they just don't give up, stay in games that they should have been beaten in, and find a way to get late goals. A fan's dream really.

I've seen them live about a half dozen occasions this season, and the only game they played well in was the 3-0 victory over Shamrock Rovers. And yet I haven't seen them lose. Fair play.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    Agent Rico.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

15. Thanks From:

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Mental scenes at the cross tonight what a finish, unreal.. atmosphere for the last 30 mins or so was brilliant, place was hopping after the goal.. thought the goal wasn't gona come but was worth the wait.. on to Derry now next week another tough one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickccfc View Post
    Mental scenes at the cross tonight what a finish, unreal.. atmosphere for the last 30 mins or so was brilliant, place was hopping after the goal.. thought the goal wasn't gona come but was worth the wait.. on to Derry now next week another tough one
    Enjoy it! I'd give anything to be battling for a title again. You can't beat the feeling week after week as the season unfolds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acer View Post

Definitely a fair result, no way we did enough to win the game, to be fair Drogs battled hard all evening and probably shaded it in the second half, glad to come away with a point. I didn't think it was a particularly good match and I'm sure Drogs would also be happy with the outcome.

Big win for Cork and that must have made up for last week, definitely getting closer and we were right to say last week that 6 points wasn't a huge lead.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    Fantastic goal. Great angle shot too!
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Incredible to see those Shamrock Rovers fans travelling all the way to Cork - the touring pitch invaders strike again

23. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    That video has nearly 20k hits in one day, great advertising in itself.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast