Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Euro 2016 Qualifying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    I'd consider your post to have been more insulting, and thought that the silence (message-board silence at least) was interesting.
    So you keep saying. What do you perceive it to indicate?

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Attention-seeking?

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    So you keep saying. What do you perceive it to indicate?
    Hypocrisy or double standards perhaps? Or maybe simply an unwillingness to challenge an established and respected poster in that way?

Lost in Giovanni Trappatoni's Tactics Board
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArdeeBhoy View Post
    Except you asked the question...
    I asked the question assuming you would have a credible answer as to the reasons for your assumptions/accusations on the majority of members on this forum

Unfortunately my assumption failed to materialise
    My Country is My Club.

Republic of Ireland Forever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um_ZvP2cUdo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Hypocrisy or double standards perhaps? Or maybe simply an unwillingness to challenge an established and respected poster in that way?
    Geysir and GR have an established relationship over hundreds of posts, and both are hearty contributors to the Eligibility Thread. If Geysir goes OTT on GR, then GR can handle himself and vice-versa.

The same can't be said of TOWK who is a relative newbie but who appeared to use the eligibility posts of GR as a stick to beat him, even though his familiarity with the thread is unclear and most likely questionable. That'd be my take on why people were keen to set him straight on GR.
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

6. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by back of the net View Post
    I asked the question assuming you would have a credible answer as to the reasons for your assumptions/accusations on the majority of members on this forum

Unfortunately my assumption failed to materialise
    His assumption is probably based on the fact that those on here he never meets at these kind of away games. There literally are only a couple of hundred at most at these types of games and you get to know them all. Now if he tried the same BotNet at say Scotland away i dont think he could identify them all.

You see the same faces and very qiuckly you learn if they are on foot.ie or ybig.ie. I've met a lot of the regular posters on here and most dont go to away games, 1 maybe or at most 2 a campaign. Id say its 9:1 those you would meet off ybig.ie(compared with foot.ie) for example.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

8. Thanks From:

Lost in Giovanni Trappatoni's Tactics Board
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    His assumption is probably based on the fact that those on here he never meets at these kind of away games. There literally are only a couple of hundred at most at these types of games and you get to know them all. Now if he tried the same BotNet at say Scotland away i dont think he could identify them all.

You see the same faces and very qiuckly you learn if they are on foot.ie or ybig.ie. I've met a lot of the regular posters on here and most dont go to away games, 1 maybe or at most 2 a campaign. Id say its 9:1 those you would meet off ybig.ie(compared with foot.ie) for example.

With the greatest of respect Paul - I think to assume based on that logic is ridiculous - but thats my opinion

We will agree to disagree on this one
    My Country is My Club.

Republic of Ireland Forever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um_ZvP2cUdo

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanVsDalton View Post
    The same can't be said of TOWK who is a relative newbie but who appeared to use the eligibility posts of GR as a stick to beat him, even though his familiarity with the thread is unclear and most likely questionable. That'd be my take on why people were keen to set him straight on GR.
    Yeah, I'm not sure about that. I mean, TOWK's comments prompted quite a few posters to point out GR's respectful posting, lack of sectarianism, lack of wumming, worthwhile contributions, all round top guy in fact. Then GR gets portrayed as the paranoid protector of OWC, but nobody seems bothered. I don't see how they fit.

Anyhow, I've said what I wanted to say. As you commented, GR can handle himself if he chooses to.

Back on topic: the group could have been worse, but it's hard to gauge Ireland in comparison to Scotland or Poland without seeing us play a few more times under O'Neill. We probably have a better idea of what Poland and Scotland are capable of than we do of our own team right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Yeah, I'm not sure about that. I mean, TOWK's comments prompted quite a few posters to point out GR's respectful posting, lack of sectarianism, lack of wumming, worthwhile contributions, all round top guy in fact. Then GR gets portrayed as the paranoid protector of OWC, but nobody seems bothered. I don't see how they fit.
    Possibly they don't - although I guess it wouldn't be the first apparent contradiction in the many, many, many posts written about eligibility, the IFA, FAI, UEFA, FIFA etc etc
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

12. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    I mean, Paul's an established poster, but it certainly wouldn't stop me pulling him up on his bull now and again. Whether or not he's a respected member is another question, mind, I'll grant you that!
    I'm glad you mentioned Paul here, because in all the hullabaloo about that rascal Gather Round (attention which he certainly doesn't deserve), it's too easy to hide the concerted campaign of bullying that Paul has had to endure here at the hands of certain cruel hearted posters. And now you Danny have the cheek to imply that Paul's 'deviant' behaviour is at fault here, that he deserves what he gets and that your part in this campaign is an act of generosity merely to rectify his behaviour.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234