Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Who Killed Kirsty McColl? ...Anyone else see it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

Who Killed Kirsty McColl? ...Anyone else see it?

Anyone else watch "Who Killed Kirsty McColl?" on Friday or Saturday (repeated) on the Beeb?
    Very good programme and absolutley heartbreaking to watch. Her 80+ year old mother went to mexico to try and get to the facts around her death at xmas 2000.
    Absolutely tragic waste of a human life, mother, much underappreciated songwriter and incredible singer.
    61 pounds sterling fine payed for running her over with a powerboat. sickening carry on.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Ritchie
    Anyone else watch "Who Killed Kirsty McColl?" on Friday or Saturday (repeated) on the Beeb?
    Very good programme and absolutley heartbreaking to watch. Her 80+ year old mother went to mexico to try and get to the facts around her death at xmas 2000.
    Absolutely tragic waste of a human life, mother, much underappreciated songwriter and incredible singer.
    61 pounds sterling fine payed for running her over with a powerboat. sickening carry on.
    Not taking the **** like, but why would anyone want to run her over on a powerboat ????
    Go lí cúnna ifrinn do thóin bheagmhaitheasach

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    246 Posts
    as far as i know it was an accident.
    i think it was a jet-ski not a boat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    It was a great big feck off boat that ran her over. It was an accident that it happened at all but the man who owns the boat and who was most likely at the helm is, for want of a better term the Ben Dunne or Fergal Quinn of mexico. He appears to have bought off a hired boat hand to take the fall for him. Immediately after the accident he claimed he was at the helm but several hours later when giving an official statement to police denied this was the case.
    The hired boat hand then claimed it was he was at the helm and got a relatively light sentence for Negligent Homicide-I believe it was about 3 years.

The defence claimed the boat was doing 1 or 2 knots outside the exclusion zone the local authorities set up to protect bathers and divers. Independent eye witnesses say they were inside the exlusion zone doing 15-16 knots with the bow visibly out of the water (i.e. ...they were flooring it)

The boat owner paid a fine of UK£61.00 and the boat hand paid damages of UK£1,400 to Kirstys two boys -the sum based his salary and ability to pay.
    I needn't tell you if it was Nova -the boat owner who had been convicted he'd have had to pay millions.
    Last edited by Lionel Ritchie; 28/09/2004 at 9:44 AM.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I saw it alright....feckin heart wrenching stuff...great that it got on the telly too...