Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Waterford Utd Away July 6th:

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts

Waterford Utd Away July 6th:

Big one away to our bogey team this Friday. We really need to set down a marker here. We lost 3-1 here first time around being caught on the break three times hitting the post twice and just not playing well at all. Our performances in the last few games have been at levels way higher than the start of the year and hopefully this will continue.

Going to go for 2-1 to us with a very decent travelling support, maybe in or around 80 to 90.

The big call for this one for me is Gamble or Bradley as O'Leary at the moment is undroppable. Gamble offers a bit more in defence but Bradley and O'Leary have been running the show the last couple of games. Bradley could be pushed out to the right possibly as he has come on in that position. Hopefully we will see something like,

Ryan

Kelly
    Purcell
    Treacy
    Tracey

Bradley/McGrath
    O'Leary
    Gamble
    Brosnan

Behan
    Gaffney

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Paddy Purcell is suspended for this one I think.

I'd go with same team as last week with Guthrie in for Purcell.

Gaffney, O'Brien and Foley to be sprung off the bench on the hour mark then. Was saying it up at the Harps game, when Gaffney and O'Brien came on, that's some handful for a tired defence to have to be dealing with.

Massive game for us, absolutely massive. A travelling support of well over a hundred could be on as well from what I'm hearing around the place.

Waterford are poor enough in fairness if we keep our heads together. They haven't one player that would get in the Limerick team. Granted Maguire looks decent but he'd be joining quite a que! On Maguire hopefully Corie or Shane will have the good sense to kick him up in the air in the first few minutes.

In Summary:

Waterford are a one man band.

We're an orchestra.

My prediction??

Waterford 2 - 0 Limerick of course.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Get the feeling this is one of those games that we will look back on if we win could be vital by no means waterford are out of a promotion place. AS I said in the last meeting maguire needs to be watched he is there danger man his pace in the two previous games has caused us massive problems without a pacey centre we do seem to struggle against pace.
    KEep him quiet and we should win it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas72 View Post
    Get the feeling this is one of those games that we will look back on if we win could be vital by no means waterford are out of a promotion place. AS I said in the last meeting maguire needs to be watched he is there danger man his pace in the two previous games has caused us massive problems without a pacey centre we do seem to struggle against pace.
    KEep him quiet and we should win it.
    Yeah Guthrie stood off him the last game. I can understand giving yourself a couple of yards against someone quicker than you but when you look at the size of Guthrie and the size of Maguire he should be well able to bully him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    It's been brought to my attention that I've upset some people on the Waterford forum.

Just to clarify my above post is a wind up.

I actually think Waterford are really, really, good, they have at least seven players who would get in our starting eleven and Sean Maguire is a better player than Denis Behan, Dominic Foley, Gary Sheahen and Rory Gaffney combined.

Hence my 2-0 defeat prediction.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    It's been brought to my attention that I've upset some people on the Waterford forum.

Just to clarify my above post is a wind up.

I actually think Waterford are really, really, good, they have at least seven players who would get in our starting eleven and Sean Maguire is a better player than Denis Behan, Dominic Foley, Gary Sheahen and Rory Gaffney combined.

Hence my 2-0 defeat prediction.
    Don't worry, from what I can see over there you certainly could never upset people as much as Partizan does.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    2/3 1 limerick

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Gary Dempsey is apparently only 50/50 for them if he was out it would be a huge boost for us i cant see a central midfield partnership of White and Phelan holding up against ours.
    Sean Maguire is a massive threat and not one im sure we can stop as LTID said id hope that Guthrie will knock a bit of the energy out of him early on.

I wouldn't have Sheahan starting yes he is showing signs of improvement but nowhere near enough for a game as big as this imo....Gaffney and Behan is the way to go for me id bring O'Brien in from the start too just don't think we will be comfortable enough to be relying on them coming on.

Im confident enough but at the same time its in the back of my mind that this is perfectly set up for typical Limerick, big game,big crowd people believing we have finally turned the corner then bang we get hammered.

Team id want is:
    Ryan
    Kelly
    Treacy
    Guthrie
    Tracy
    O'Brien
    Gamble
    O'Leary
    Bradley
    Gaffney
    Behan

Ill go with my confident side and say 2-1 Limerick .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Purcell is a loss but hopefully Corie and Guthrie can do the business. Might even need to have gamble playing a little deeper to limit the space McGuire has between the midfield and back 4.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Gary Dempsey is apparently only 50/50 for them if he was out it would be a huge boost for us i cant see a central midfield partnership of White and Phelan holding up against ours.
    Sean Maguire is a massive threat and not one im sure we can stop as LTID said id hope that Guthrie will knock a bit of the energy out of him early on.

I wouldn't have Sheahan starting yes he is showing signs of improvement but nowhere near enough for a game as big as this imo....Gaffney and Behan is the way to go for me id bring O'Brien in from the start too just don't think we will be comfortable enough to be relying on them coming on.

Im confident enough but at the same time its in the back of my mind that this is perfectly set up for typical Limerick, big game,big crowd people believing we have finally turned the corner then bang we get hammered.

Team id want is:
    Ryan
    Kelly
    Treacy
    Guthrie
    Tracy
    O'Brien
    Gamble
    O'Leary
    Bradley
    Gaffney
    Behan

Ill go with my confident side and say 2-1 Limerick .
    Dempsey out for us. Just confirmed on Twitter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Have to contiue the winning sequence,momentum with us big time and nobody here looking for Scullys head for over a week so we must be flying it,will go for 2-1 win.
    Fail to prepare,prepare to fail--R.keane.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchie View Post
    Have to contiue the winning sequence,momentum with us big time and nobody here looking for Scullys head for over a week so we must be flying it,will go for 2-1 win.
    PP going 11/10 Limerick and 11/4 Limerick -1
    good value I think
    Waterboys 1 Limerick 4

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Seamus Long, Daragh Walshe, Willie John Kiely, Gary Dunphy, Ben Ryan and Aidan McGrath are all definitely out. Gary Dempsey is rated as 50:50 and may go into this one with painkilling injections. They're remarkably weakened, as it looks. Saying that, they've had to without Walshe, Dunphy and Kiely for some time, so it probably won't affect them as much.

As most of ye know, we're without Paddy Purcell. Suspended for Friday, but only for Friday. Corie will slot in there nice and easily next to Guthrie. We've been playing fantastically lately and it's even enjoyable to watch. We're playing with a decent tempo as well; something we lacked at the start of the year. My only dilemma is whether to start Derek or to spring him off the bench. There's cases for both. He started in the RSC at the start of the season. He was brilliant, but he lost that game. He was fantastic when he came off the bench against Harps as well, so that's a coin toss. Either way, he'll have a massive say in this one. Don't understand how Cork didn't like him.

It looks very obvious where you have to stop Waterford. If you look at their last three games, they've had two prominent players who seem to whack in the goals. We all know about Seany Maguire. The lad is top class for his age and we will be a threat. Peter Keegan also. I know very little about him, only that he seems to know where the goal is. If they're brave enough to go 4-4-2 against us, then I think we'll pick 'em off. So far, their two wins against us have come when they played a 4-1-4-1 system. I hope it's not that again, but even if it is, we have the ability to whack three past them. If we keep a clean sheet, we'll win. Hands down.

A few figures:
    There's a 79.56% chance that Limerick will score at least 2 goals against Waterford. *
    There's a 25.5% chance that Limerick will score exactly 2 goals against Waterford. *
    There's a 40.1% chance that Waterford will fail to score. *
    A 3-1 victory is the most likely outcome for Limerick. *

*Figures correct as of the Poisson Model.

Picking a team is difficult. Everything is going marvelously so far, and I hope that doesn't change.

Barry Ryan; Shaun Kelly, Shane Guthrie, Corie Treacy, Shane Tracy; James McGrath, David O'Leary, Stephen Bradley, Sean Brosnan; Rory Gaffney, Denis Behan.

Naturally, you have the luxury of calling on Garry Sheahan and Derek O'Brien after an hour to try and capitalise on their fatigue. Third sub should probably go to Dom Foley or Joe Gamble, depending on what way the game is going.

I expect a very big, vocal away support and a 3-1 win. Ever the optimist.
    Get into them! ( They're easyyyy! )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchie View Post
    If we don't win I want him sacked.

[/in before the crowd]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC-Zulu View Post
    A few figures:
    There's a 79.56% chance that Limerick will score at least 2 goals against Waterford. *
    There's a 25.5% chance that Limerick will score exactly 2 goals against Waterford. *
    There's a 40.1% chance that Waterford will fail to score. *
    A 3-1 victory is the most likely outcome for Limerick. *

*Figures correct as of the Poisson Model.

How was this calculated please?? x x

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    586 Posts
    Anything to be said for using Gaffney as the impact sub, as he was against Finn Harps? Ran rings around them when he came on, Sheehan and Behan did a fine job before hand.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    Anything to be said for using Gaffney as the impact sub, as he was against Finn Harps? Ran rings around them when he came on, Sheehan and Behan did a fine job before hand.
    This.

Despite our recent good form, I worry with the wide open spaces of the RSC that if he does start we'll revert to using the boy as a cannon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    How was this calculated please?? x x
    No idea. Robert Reid of the Irish Sun sends me this on Twitter every week. Won quite a few bets off its logic.
    http://irishfootieindex.wordpress.com/
    Get into them! ( They're easyyyy! )

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    I'd take a one nil in this one, just get the points, go top even if just overnight, pressure Longford with Athlone going there Saturday. Would also nail home the two horse race side of it. A scrappy narrow win would do fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Going up, going up, super blues... going up. Waterford might get a bit confused when the chants go up.

I fully expect Limerick to win tonight.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast