305 Posts
    Make it 2-0,g.peers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    3-0 now to sligo-north 90+

and f/t,thats it.
    Last edited by bullit; 31/03/2012 at 8:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Harps keeper Ciaran Gallagher being taken away in an ambulance. Nearly 20 minutes attention on the pitch and still ambulance and full medical team by his side.
    All the players have been waved off the pitch. Coming together at speed between Gallagher and Seamus Long with Gallagher being knocked out cold by the challenge.
    Gallagher was knocked out by smashing off the ground. Shouldn't even have been a free kick. Good to hear he's okay though.
    Last edited by blue til i die; 31/03/2012 at 11:47 PM.
    I’m not pedantic...I’m merely overly concerned with minute details.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blue til i die View Post
    Gallagher was knocked out by smashing off the ground.
    Aye, that appeared to be the case. He hit the ground face first with a terrible thud, and was unprotected as he had his hands on the ball.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Galway United won their first game this afternoon since Friday March 25th 2011 by beating FC Carlow 4-3 in the U19 League.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,358 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gormacha View Post
    Aye, that appeared to be the case. He hit the ground face first with a terrible thud, and was unprotected as he had his hands on the ball.
    Lad has stitches in his mouth now from the fall. I was misinformed, sorry, seemed a coming together between himself and Long but the fall is what hurt him.
    Eating through a straw for a few days. From his facebook page. Looks sore.

https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    A routine win for the Champions against what can only be described as an inhibited opposition. At times it was akin to playing a kids team. The single worst boez side I've seen in 31 years. Class will out in the end i guess. Onwards and upwards.
    Spoke to a few hoops after the game and over the weekend and none were at the game you appeared to attend. Perhaps the reason you thought there was a kids team involved was because you were at an U15/16s game by mistake ?

Shams better team in first half but much more even second half and until an exellent finish by Twgg the game was in the balance. Shams may be much better players on paper but certainly did not show that on Friday night (maybe your underage match was different)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Shams may be much better players on paper but certainly did not show that on Friday night
    They won 2-0. Thats all tht matters. hate fans trying to claim moral victories. Workrate and possession mean nothing if you don't get the result. If Bohs fans are happy with their performance, thats all that should matter to them. But in general, football is about scoring goals, and not conceding them

Apart from ref's decision there's very little luck involved
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    They won 2-0. Thats all tht matters. hate fans trying to claim moral victories. Workrate and possession mean nothing if you don't get the result. If Bohs fans are happy with their performance, thats all that should matter to them. But in general, football is about scoring goals, and not conceding them

Apart from ref's decision there's very little luck involved
    Would always take a win irrespective of performance. Dodge, my post was in response to the post quoted (which is why I quoted it ) which gave a completely false view on the game overall on Friday night. If the result was/is all that mattered then why are people on here discussing games every week ?

Never claimed/mentioned "moral victory" as I dont believe in them nor did I mention "luck" or "ref". Mentioned a great strike by Twigg as game changer which I think few would argue with.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    If the result was/is all that mattered then why are people on here discussing games every week ?
    because people like to waffle, myself included. vast majority of psots have nothing to do with games either BTW

Never claimed/mentioned "moral victory" as I dont believe in them nor did I mention "luck" or "ref". Mentioned a great strike by Twigg as game changer which I think few would argue with.
    I wasn't talking to you. I was makinga general point. Some Bohs fans have said their performance deserved a draw. I'm saying thats rubbish.
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Bohs came for a 0-0, and got beat 2-0. Rovers didn't play well and got the 3 points. End of story. Bohs have some of the worst players i've ever seen in the league. If that lump Scully can play up front for an LOI team, then anybody can.
    The usual poor crowd from bohs too, poor numbers and little noise as usual. But apparently RTE turned off the microphones on their side or something. Pats and now Shels are bringing far bigger crowds to Tallaght.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance kid View Post
    Bohs came for a 0-0, and got beat 2-0. Rovers didn't play well and got the 3 points. End of story. Bohs have some of the worst players i've ever seen in the league. If that lump Scully can play up front for an LOI team, then anybody can.
    The usual poor crowd from bohs too, poor numbers and little noise as usual. But apparently RTE turned off the microphones on their side or something. Pats and now Shels are bringing far bigger crowds to Tallaght.
    Yet shams could not score for an hour and only secured the win in 93rd minute ? Another "sell out" crowd at SDCC ground or are they "boycotting" all games shown live on RTE ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    About 5,000 at it, Bohs are less of a draw than Shels though so it is to be expected that there was less than the previous week..
    The Model Club

Tell all the Bohs you know
    that we've gone and won two-in-a-row
    and it's not gonna be three
    and it's not gonna be four
    it's more likely to be 5-1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dfx- View Post
    About 5,000 at it, Bohs are less of a draw than Shels though so it is to be expected that there was less than the previous week..
    Shels a bigger draw than your biggest rivals ? That why almost every sham on here has reference to Bohs in their signature (including your goodself) ?

Clutching. At. Straws. the "boycott" story for your stay at home TV fans was almost credible, stick to it.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Another "sell out" crowd at SDCC ground or are they "boycotting" all games shown live on RTE ?
    You are genuinely having a pop at a crowd of 4600/4800, or whatever it was?

You had about 800 in Dayler last week. By the business end of this season, your brave, LOI goal virgins will be playing in front of 300/400 people max.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Yet shams could not score for an hour and only secured the win in 93rd minute ? Another "sell out" crowd at SDCC ground or are they "boycotting" all games shown live on RTE ?
    "The big club" never played below par and struggled against weaker opposition during the "glory" years?? I'm sure i remember a 1st division rovers knocking them out of the cup not too long ago. I've already said we didn't play and got the win, but i'm happy enough that we'll improve, especially when the opposition come to play instead of parking the bus.
    Callaghans utter pride in the plucky minnows only losing 2-0 should be very worrying to the few bohs fans that are left though. Fat LSL goalies, and hunchbacked AUL strikers won't get you many points.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Sides rooted to the bottom don't attract crowds...like Drogheda and Galway last season. Taking away the away crowd (who used to complain about the lack of tickets in 2009, who now obviously don't go), Rovers crowd of about 4,300-4,400..usual crowd for a bottom side.

Shels and certainly Pats will.
    The Model Club

Tell all the Bohs you know
    that we've gone and won two-in-a-row
    and it's not gonna be three
    and it's not gonna be four
    it's more likely to be 5-1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dfx- View Post
    Sides rooted to the bottom don't attract crowds...like Drogheda and Galway last season. Taking away the away crowd (who used to complain about the lack of tickets in 2009, who now obviously don't go), Rovers crowd of about 4,300-4,400..usual crowd for a bottom side.

Shels and certainly Pats will.
    there was a limit on away crowds in 2009 not now which explains that difference. Not sure how to explain masses of empty seats versus boasts of "sell out" crowds in recent years.

BTW bit harsh calling shams a "bottom side" or is that a reference to something other than league position ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance kid View Post
    "The big club" never played below par and struggled against weaker opposition during the "glory" years?? I'm sure i remember a 1st division rovers knocking them out of the cup not too long ago. I've already said we didn't play and got the win, but i'm happy enough that we'll improve, especially when the opposition come to play instead of parking the bus.
    Callaghans utter pride in the plucky minnows only losing 2-0 should be very worrying to the few bohs fans that are left though. Fat LSL goalies, and hunchbacked AUL strikers won't get you many points.
    You have watched the current sham goalkeeper at some stage this season ? Cork game for example ? Probobly the only area of the team where Bohs are stronger.
    Must be worrying that your crowd are melting away despite your recent success but so,so much easier to blame the away crowd. Yep, its them away fans (at SDCC stadium) or its the "boycott" at shams away games.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast