Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Avatars

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Saw a thead on this before but don't know where it went too.

BUT, is there any chance of members selecting there own Personnal Avatars.
    Or atleast a bigger slection of Avatars available. Most peaple are using the same avatars. It would be nice that all
    CITY til' I die!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    I would be against personnal Avatars as it would slow the whole download thing. One of the reasons I use this site is because it downloads fast with no big pics coming down either. Nice and simple. Having said that, any chance of a green home kit for CCFC as an Avatar??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    There's a site that do up those kit avatars. It's on a thread around this board somewhere.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sullanefc
    I would be against personnal Avatars as it would slow the whole download thing. One of the reasons I use this site is because it downloads fast with no big pics coming down either. Nice and simple. Having said that, any chance of a green home kit for CCFC as an Avatar??
    OK Maybe not your own Personnel one but if there was a few more topic's to choose from it would help. I don't know cartoon Charters, Mr Men, Simpson's, South Park. Some EL Players.
    CITY til' I die!!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Was askign Dahamsta a while back for a BCFC avatar and there was a request for another team from Northern Ireland......think it might have been Crus.
    I would be happy to supply the BCFC pic but at the time Dahamsta said that he's not doing any new ones.

-Another point here, not related but I thought I'd put it in rather than starting a new thread which will sound like it's a big deal-it's not, just that the members list could do with a clear-up mabye? Seem to be a lot of 'members' on there who made 1/2/6 posts a few months ago and haven't posted since. Mabye a 3 month gap with no posts and an account get's delted except if there is a request for it not to be-going on a trip or something, don't know?
    Like I said, it's no biggie but mabye if the 'non-active' (is that the right phrase?) users got deleted then it would be quicker/easier to look up members on the list-might save some space on Adams server too?
    Long live the Pope! Free Burma (NLD/SNLD), Free Tibet (Burma Campaign/Free Tibet Campaign Alliance), Free the Rossport 5! (ACCOMPLISHED 30/09/05)

BOYCOTT TOTAL OIL-Please Read!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liam88
    Seem to be a lot of 'members' on there who made 1/2/6 posts a few months ago and haven't posted since. Mabye a 3 month gap with no posts and an account get's delted

I think 3 months is a bit short, it can take a while to get into the habit of posting regularly, and anyway, when so many people on here are in college they don't neccessarily have access over the summer breaks.

I think Adam deletes posters every now and again but usually ones who haven't used in over a year
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tiktok
    I think 3 months is a bit short, it can take a while to get into the habit of posting regularly, and anyway, when so many people on here are in college they don't neccessarily have access over the summer breaks.

I think Adam deletes posters every now and again but usually ones who haven't used in over a year
    Good point(s)
    still want the BCFC avatar though Be interested to see how many would use it-I could see Dav possibly.........
    Long live the Pope! Free Burma (NLD/SNLD), Free Tibet (Burma Campaign/Free Tibet Campaign Alliance), Free the Rossport 5! (ACCOMPLISHED 30/09/05)

BOYCOTT TOTAL OIL-Please Read!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    502 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tiktok
    Correct, but only posters that haven't visited in a year -- just deleted 202 in fact. If people have contributed, I like to keep their profiles active to tie into their posts. As to the member list, I removed the avatars a while back and re-enabled member search, which should make things a little easier.

Avatars are a pain in the arse because I don't have time to create them myself, and the avatars people donate tend to be on the tatty side. I'm happy to take avatar donations from people, but they have to match the spec of the existing avatars exactly, and they have to be high quality. (Resizing the image in MS Paint is not high quality.)

If the above conditions aren't met, I'm likely to simply ignore the donation. I'm a busy man.

adam
    Last edited by dahamsta; 15/07/2004 at 10:25 PM.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brotus
    ...I don't know cartoon Charters, Mr Men, Simpson's, South Park. Some EL Players.
    In honour of Damian I'd like to have .

Could we have personal avatars if they were less than a certain size (dimensions and KB) ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davros
    There's only one Celtic......seriously,though are the exact tekky specifications,re.submitting an avatar?
    75x75, there's a thread here if you haven't seen it, handy bit of paint shop advice too.
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.