Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O'Flynn for Notts County?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hmm, thing about Hawkins is that he is Doncasters worst ever XI. I a few of their fanzines, and they rip him to shreds everytime.

So lets not use him as an example shall we??
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc105
    ....the rules for compensation when a player leaves on a bosman? is jof too old for city to get anything for him that way?...
    There's a few things here.

1. He wouldn't be able to play for Notts county until the start of their transfer window, which would be Jan '05.
    2. FIFA determine that the 'training period' is from the ages of 16 to 21. Flynny is now 21, having joined us at 19.
    3. You're entitled to compensation if the player leaves before his 23rd birthday (which will not have come around before the end of the year), and due to point 2, CCFC had him on contract for two years during the training period so should be due a % of any follow on transfer fee (as is my understanding, although I may have picked up on this incorrectly).
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic Paddy
    Notts County are a bigger club than Cork City.

Quote Originally Posted by A face
    And if he doesn't extend it ... put him on the bench and play a player who will stay with City. Simple as !!
    Yeah spot on. We only want players who have serious ambition and actually want to play for City. However, I'm sure Flynny does have that ambition and wants to play for the biggest club in Ireland rather than move to some nothing team in England. I still maintain that this story is a load of crap.
    Champions!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Be very surprised to see it happen but lets face it City don't rely on O'Flynn as much as last year which is all part of building a professional club. Even Brian Kerr has mentioned him for possible Ireland callup.

Didn't like the snide comment in aticle about making it as "a professional in england" as if to suggest he not doing that already in Ireland.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colm
    Scoff all you like, Colm. The facts are as I outlined them earlier, like it or not.

PP
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

b_mcsweeney
    read this yesterday, there were no quotes in the article, i'd say it was a question of pick a player and a club to make a story. it could be jason byrne to huddersfield next week or georgie to dundee.

i particularly liked the way they intimated that JOF was a natural replacement at county as they were set to lose paul heffernan, who's irish. of course, they had one irish striker who did well, so they'll naturally get another one to replace him. its perfectly logical that.

anyway, if JOF decides to go (to notts county or somewhere else) i reckon we'll wish him well and deal with it when it happens. as mentioned above, his contract doesn't expire until january, so there's plenty time yet. we should all be more worried about that yoghurt we have thats about to expire

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by b_mcsweeney
    we should all be more worried about that yoghurt we have thats about to expire
    phew almost forgot...cheers for the reminder...

http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    This might have been a disasterous rumour in the past, however City have shown this year that we can cope with JOF with Doyle, George and Fenn.
    We have heard talk after talk about John and he is still at City. His contract should be extended - leaving for free would be the worse case scenario - but I'd be disappointed if it was to Notts County.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Are Notts County not Englands oldest club?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tiktok
    There's a few things here.

1. He wouldn't be able to play for Notts county until the start of their transfer window, which would be Jan '05.
    Im afraid he would be able to move before that. Out of contract players can move anytime of the year. Transfer windows only relate to incontract players.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    While Notts Co. may "only" be 3rd div., that does not mean that JOF sees himself as 3rd div.. While Kerr may be looking at him while he plays for City, playing in Engerland will bring him to the attention of English club managers. There is always a chance of a manager moving up a div., from a team JOF has played against and buying him for his new team. Basically a move to Engerland gives more oppurtunity of being noticed at club level than the EL, despite our standard of football/wages being higher than Div.3.
    We are Football

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adamcarr
    Are Notts County not Englands oldest club?
    They're the oldest league club anyway. Formed in 1863 I think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    There may be something in that Wiseman, the player that he would be perceived as being a replacement for is another young Irish lad who scored 20 of Notts County's paltry 50 goals last season and he's attracted interest from first division and premiership outfits.
    Flynny might be eyeing the same path.
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well, Flynny has just scored in the $h€l$ game.

I don't think that anyone could argue that Notts County are a bigger club than us. Why does this stupid argument get brought up all the time anyway.
    I don't care if Inverness or York, etc. are bigger clubs than us, i support City and eL, and i think that the move would be a step down.
    The easiest way of putting it is that here, he's top of the pile, well respected and idolised in Cork. Over there, he'd be another nobody trying to make it.
    It all depends on his passion for City. If he really wants to go, he will go, to any club, IMO.

Ball is in his half...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12