Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Cobh Ramblers 2 Finn Harps 4

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cobh Ramblers 2 Finn Harps 4

Some questions need to be answered following tonights clash.

Wheres John Meade? Is he injured or out of favour? Terry White played poorly tonight and we missed Meady.

Wheres Nesovic?

I dont know what you guys think but Davey Moore needs to start games not come on as 2nd half sub. He was inspirational tonight. Eddie O'Halloran, if your on the forum, what do you think of Dave Moore.

It became quite obvious tonight that Brosie hasnt got an ounce of skill. To even chest the ball and take it under control is a problem.

If there was ever a need for a referees assessor it was tonight. Referee, whoever you were, Finn Harps took the p**s out of you each time they had a throw or a free kick. One player about to take the free then leaves it to the next guy, The goalkeeper timewasting each time he had an opportunity and not 1 yellow card for time wasting.

The fourth official: as I have said on this board before, I have greta time for Anthony Buttimer, but tonight when a finn Harps sub threw a water bottle at a Cobh sub he didnt even bring it to the refs attention. If it wasnt for Dave Hill it could have got very ugly. Dave Hill an unlikey keeper of the peace!!

All in all to give away 4 goals 1 dubious peno, an OG off John Andrews and a harps goal on the counter when we had committed players forward is disapointing but Im sure the lads will raise the game for next weekend.

On a totally seperate issue, I was embarrassed to hear the public address announcer tonight. He needs to be replaced and soon.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Queenstown Ram i agree with you on every single point!!!

especially about the announcer!

but do you think the board will listen to us!!!!!!???? HELL NO! there a joke! they don't have a clue!!

who got hit with the water bottle?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenstown Ram
    Some questions need to be answered following tonights clash.

Wheres John Meade? Is he injured or out of favour? Terry White played poorly tonight and we missed Meady.

Wheres Nesovic?

I dont know what you guys think but Davey Moore needs to start games not come on as 2nd half sub. He was inspirational tonight. Eddie O'Halloran, if your on the forum, what do you think of Dave Moore.

It became quite obvious tonight that Brosie hasnt got an ounce of skill. To even chest the ball and take it under control is a problem.

If there was ever a need for a referees assessor it was tonight. Referee, whoever you were, Finn Harps took the p**s out of you each time they had a throw or a free kick. One player about to take the free then leaves it to the next guy, The goalkeeper timewasting each time he had an opportunity and not 1 yellow card for time wasting.

The fourth official: as I have said on this board before, I have greta time for Anthony Buttimer, but tonight when a finn Harps sub threw a water bottle at a Cobh sub he didnt even bring it to the refs attention. If it wasnt for Dave Hill it could have got very ugly. Dave Hill an unlikey keeper of the peace!!

All in all to give away 4 goals 1 dubious peno, an OG off John Andrews and a harps goal on the counter when we had committed players forward is disapointing but Im sure the lads will raise the game for next weekend.

On a totally seperate issue, I was embarrassed to hear the public address announcer tonight. He needs to be replaced and soon.
    Sorry to come on here and burst your bubble, I live local and would love to see Ramblers do well BUT! Take Tynan and No 13(was he Davey Moore?) out of the team and unfortunately you've got nothing.OK Harps could have shot themselves in the foot by the disgraceful behavour of Friars but you seriously can't complain about the result?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    we were **** tonight and you'd no that if you went to cobh games..

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tonights Game

Iagree with everthing that Queenstown Ram has said. Wheres John Meade ---the defense is our problem --the whole bloody lot ---no one trys to create from the back --just hoofing the ball up front every time --shove Darren Murphy into the middle of midfield --hes been beaten far too easy at the back .
    On another note the Finn Harps manager did a Dave Hill on it and started coaching from the other side --more power to him on that . But to tell his players to take out Tony Tynan --get him --his actual words were --do him in -and also to start abusing the player is something totally unacceptable .
    This was withnessed by many people .Can you guess what would happen if this occurred in Turners Cross .Pat Dolan would be calling for the points .
    Ramblers can improve however .
    Bren
    pele

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    John meade is injured,Nesovic is back in England for personal reasons.

I think again we are far to quick to critisise we all know it was a bad game but unfortunaly they all had the bad game together.

Dave Moore did not start as he is coming back from injury.

Dave started with the same team you were all raving about last week.

As they say a week is along time in Soccer.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ramblers
    Nesovic is back in England for personal reasons.
    Is he coming back to Cobh or staying in the UK?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    id have to agree with "ramblers" were getting on their back to often give them a chance theres still one third of the season left when alan o shea comes back it will be a big boost he organises da defance well.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenstown Ram
    Is he coming back to Cobh or staying in the UK?
    Who Cares?????!!!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last Night

Last nights game was a big disappointment after last weeks display. In my opinion, we were very slow to start last night against a really hard working Finn Harps team. With regard to John Meade, I spoke with his father last night and he told me that John was not fit for last nights game, his initial injury was to his knee but he has also picked up a neck injury which kept him out last night. I agree that he must come back into the team, Terry White struggled last night, his distribution is good but he lacks pace and his defending is suspect, he is young and should work hard in training to sort out his weaknesses. With regard to Dave Moore, I felt that a change needed to be made in the centre of midfield at half time, we struggled in that department and when he came on he made a huge difference. I also felt that Dave should have made a change up front at half time. Young O'Shea looks as if he can play a bit, I was surprised that Dave Warren was taken off, I think that this guy is a class act and is liable to change a game with one piece of magic, unless he was injured I would not have taken him off. Robert Brosnan battled hard last night but their central defenders were excellent and the aerial route really wasn't the way to go. We badly missed Kieran O'Reilly last night. Darran Murphy has been consistantly one of Ramblers best players over the past two seasons but last night he could be faulted for a couple of their goals. He is a good player and will bounce back.

We have a very young team, and possibly need an experienced player or two to help the kids along. John Andrews played very well again last night and his leadership on the pitch was a big plus for me.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i thought i saw Nesovic in the pub before the game
    CRFC On Tour 2004
    Shealy for supporter of the year 2004

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    probably..

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I think it has been a big blow having reily banned he is not going to be at the next 2 games either as far as I am aware.

He is at yelvertons wedding this Friday and as far as I know will be away on holiday for the Kildare game.

Dave will have to make changes for the next 2 games though they will be enforced I think he might play himself in the midfield.

I think Dave Warren is a better midfield player then front man