Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Cup Final - Mid and Post-mortem

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairy Bowsie View Post
    They weren't free as such. The club payed for them and then gave them away free, and handed back what they couldn't give away.
    So we payed for the tickets and then kindly gave back the tickets we payed for to the FAI .

I tell you what. Go to gibneys in malahide and ask did they give them away. Go to the Michael Collins in Rush and ask them the same. What about the pavillions in swords, in fact there is a list on our website that says where the tickets could be bought. Why not ask all of them did they give away the tickets for free. You know the answer you would get, NO

I know its off season now and your bored but could you just stop now.
    Last edited by Lamper.sffc; 23/11/2009 at 11:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve View Post
    I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you really are that stupid, so I'll explain.

The season is finished. No clubs are playing at the moment.

When the next season starts, hopefully we'll be in the league again. If not, then we should be back after a year or so.

But as no LOI teams are playing any football at the moment, there's none to watch.

And even if Derry fans were staring at an empty field imagining a match, it'd still be preferable to being Fingal players staring at an empty stand and imagining a crowd....
    Less of the abuse please.

You said that your team that doesnt exsist has more support than fingal.
    which is impossible as they dont exist.
    If you said that derry has more support than fingal then i would disagree with you.
    At the moment, i have a team to support, you dont so calm down a bit and talk about the final and not some petty squabble about finances or attendances.
    Just as well we didnt have you as an adviser at fingal as your wordley knowledge on football matters didnt help derry did it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lep View Post

If you said that derry has more support than fingal then i would disagree with you.
    At the moment, i have a team to support, you dont so calm down a bit and talk about the final and not some petty squabble about finances or attendances.
    Just as well we didnt have you as an adviser at fingal as your wordley knowledge on football matters didnt help derry did it.
    You Fingal fellas are great craic altogether !!

What is "wordley knowledge" ? And why the hell would anyone on this forum be 'advisors' to any LOI club ? Do Irish clubs even have advisors !?

If so - here's the advice for Fingal. Learn from the bigger clubs that have ended-up in the sh!t recently and make your club sustainable. Otherwise prepare to hit the sh!t yourselves in a few years, and inevitably go down under it due to a lack of fans.

Hopefully that was wordley enough for you.

I'm bored of unwillingly being drawn into the parallel universe that Fingal fans seem to inhabit, so I'll leave you to enjoy the cup win.

x

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Do you honestly think that we should run back to the club and tell them dcfc steve suggested on a footy forum that we should learn from past mistakes of other clubs and make sure we are sustainable?
    I think Liam Buckley knows a bit more on how to run a club than you do. Its going great at the moment so you worry about your imaginery club and we will worry about the future of ours when the time comes.
    We got promoted and won the fai cup and that will do me for now .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve View Post
    You Fingal fellas are great craic altogether !!

What is "wordley knowledge" ? And why the hell would anyone on this forum be 'advisors' to any LOI club ? Do Irish clubs even have advisors !?

If so - here's the advice for Fingal. Learn from the bigger clubs that have ended-up in the sh!t recently and make your club sustainable. Otherwise prepare to hit the sh!t yourselves in a few years, and inevitably go down under it due to a lack of fans.

Hopefully that was wordley enough for you.

I'm bored of unwillingly being drawn into the parallel universe that Fingal fans seem to inhabit, so I'll leave you to enjoy the cup win.

x

Phew. Its about time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Just saw the highlights of the final on mns there now. Fair play to Fingal on winning it. Been a very good season for them in the end and if they kick start a fanbase from this then fair play. Gutted for Sligo. Fantastic support there and hopefully they can push on next season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I beg to differ.
    You'll have to do more than beg than convince me of the guys bragging of their free tickets on the luas.

The added money behind the free buses and plastic rugger flags adds weight to my claims.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ah but they do exist in a certain sense. Because we can think about them they exist, in what Plato calls the world of ideas.

You should get into Philosophy. It's good ****.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairy Bowsie View Post
    They weren't free as such. The club payed for them and then gave them away free, and handed back what they couldn't give away.
    Which is true, and pathetic once you think about it. They couldn't give away tickets after the 'massive publicity' which led to such monsterous ticket 'sales'.

Quote Originally Posted by stamullendrog View Post
    i suppose what i was getting at really was did fingal take a hit to make it look like they brought a good crowd
    And Bingo was his name-o. Buses and Flags to emphasise the rent-a-crowd effect.

second question,
    I cant see why you cant give away freebies for a final if you bought the tickets in the first place. It would be like me giving away a ticket i didnt want and not charging for it.
    Bring it up at your next club AGM if you're a shareholder. 'Cause it happened mate.

No, i wouldnt think so but if they did then it may have worked in our favour after the win if our home attendances ( not taking in the away fans ) are a lot higher next year.
    Admission of defeat number 1 right there. And you'll still be getting 201 at your games including employees of clubs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamper.sffc View Post
    So we payed for the tickets and then kindly gave back the tickets we payed for to the FAI .

I tell you what. Go to gibneys in malahide and ask did they give them away. Go to the Michael Collins in Rush and ask them the same. What about the pavillions in swords, in fact there is a list on our website that says where the tickets could be bought. .
    We're not denying that tickets could be bought, sure 6,000 were bought from a far lower population base in Sligo. Over 300 of the Fingal allocation was bought by Sligo fans at least. But Fingal were giving out tickets. Which is an absolute scandal imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SligoBrewer View Post
    Ah but they do exist in a certain sense. Because we can think about them they exist, in what Plato calls the world of ideas.

You should get into Philosophy. It's good ****.
    I think you missed the point between imagination and reality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I think you missed the point between imagination and reality.
    I think you need to if you think Fingal have a "Good financial base".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Which is true, and pathetic once you think about it. They couldn't give away tickets after the 'massive publicity' which led to such monsterous ticket 'sales'.

And Bingo was his name-o. Buses and Flags to emphasise the rent-a-crowd effect.

Bring it up at your next club AGM if you're a shareholder. 'Cause it happened mate.

Admission of defeat number 1 right there. And you'll still be getting 201 at your games including employees of clubs.

We're not denying that tickets could be bought, sure 6,000 were bought from a far lower population base in Sligo. Over 300 of the Fingal allocation was bought by Sligo fans at least. But Fingal were giving out tickets. Which is an absolute scandal imo.
    To quote your words
    "Please leave us the **** alone and quit talking ****e. "
    You lost the cup, your season was a disaster so please get over it and move on to next season instead of trying to run us down with your pathetic attempts at wumming.
    Let the football do the talking and let the powers that be worry about anything else.
    We won you lost now leave us alone .
    Last edited by The Lep; 24/11/2009 at 3:56 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    I think you need to if you think Fingal have a "Good financial base".
    If only you knew

Move on brewer this is getting boring.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    We won you lost now leave us alone .
    You have no idea. You just don't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    In 12 pages of this thread , the only post you made on topic was to ask if it was a penalty and the rest are just wumms.
    I understand your heartbreak at losing in the final and to us but life goes on.
    Our finances and attendances has been done to the death and its not doing the board any good when its always brought up when a Fingal fan posts on any thread.
    We won the cup, we play decent football, we have 3 new compos to look forward to next year so the journey continues.
    You dont like us, i dont care and all your wumming isnt going to change my views or how i support Sporting Fingal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    In 12 pages of this thread , the only post you made on topic was to ask if it was a penalty and the rest are just wumms.
    I don't think they are tbh. The way that Fingal couldn't give away tickets when people in Sligo would have given their granny for one is mad and quite connected to the Cup Final seeing as the tickets are for the very same match.
    I understand your heartbreak at losing in the final and to us.
    No, you do not.

Our finances
    Are a disaster waiting to happen, dragging the LoI even further into a quagmire.
    We won the cup, we play decent football, we have 3 new compos to look forward to next year so the journey continues.
    You do play decent football. I like Byrne and Kirby. Two honest players who I'd like to see play for us if the chance arose. You see it's not the people we hate, it's the system. It's the buy all around you no matter the money comes from even though we have no fanbase but sure we'll pay people to look like we have fans **** that really wreck my head.

your wumming isnt going to change my views or how i support Sporting Fingal.
    Great. You have first refusal on the name Fingal 2007 when the time comes.
    Best of luck to you. I hope Fingal exist long enough so you can understand the heartbreak that me and at least 2000+ genuine rovers fans are feeling.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    You have to admit though, it was a great result

Any chance that you can post anything original that you thought of yourself?

Something tells me that you live in dublin , am i right? wrong? way off?
    Last edited by The Lep; 24/11/2009 at 4:22 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamper.sffc View Post

I tell you what. Go to gibneys in malahide and ask did they give them away. Go to the Michael Collins in Rush and ask them the same. What about the pavillions in swords, in fact there is a list on our website that says where the tickets could be bought. Why not ask all of them did they give away the tickets for free. You know the answer you would get, NO

I know its off season now and your bored but could you just stop now.
    Ah now don't be putting words in my mouth. The club either bought up front or recieved an allocation from the FAI. Now they were obviously selling some of the tickets but the others they gave away (as i was offered them). Then they sold the un-used ones back to the FAI or just paid for what was used, depending on which scenario happened.

It's off season but i'm not bored, i've been supporting this league for a long long time and with the nonsense in it, when the off season rolls around, i'm actually quite relieved.

Now again, what exactly do i gain by lying about this? Nothing at all, so i'm not making this up for the sake of it.
    They always cheat, they always lie
    **** Delaney and the FAI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    This is getting sad now lads.

Brewer don't say people in sligo would give their granny for tickets. there were emtpy seats in the Sligo section. Also I bought my tickets on the day and got them from sligo staff who said the only tickets available were in sligo sections.

HB there would have been some tickets given away but they would have been very limited. I know one of the players sisters and she couldn't get a ticket for free. I think that says it all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    This is getting tedious, knock the bitching on the heads please lads. This thread may have run it's course....
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast