Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Merchandise

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Merchandise

With the fantastic recent success and the high hopes for next sesaon surely this is to time to start the Merchandise Train a rolling for the Christmass. Hugh money is spent on presents and why not rovers stuff.

Personally I believe the follwoing need to be addressed and soon:

1. Myteam.ie still have 'club crest to come' - so thats that out as a gift.
    2. New jersey for next sesaon, no one knows - so thats that out as a gift.
    3. Are season ticket prices to rise and will they be on sale of the Christmass.

Xmass might be over four weeks away but Now would be the time to start pushing these things as great gifts for rovers fans.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redobit View Post
    3. Are season ticket prices to rise
    Given our extra fixtures next season, I think it's safe to assume that they will.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think a season book/ticket will only cover the league game and not cover European games, but what it will do is give you priority in buying tickets for matches if Rovers. i.e. only allowed to bring x amount of people to an away game etc. I'd say the season ticket will be a big seller this crimbo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    The myteam product has the new crest. As soon as the club launches its new crest we will despatch the pack to anyone who has ordered. This will be well before christmas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    Given our extra fixtures next season, I think it's safe to assume that they will.
    Indeed you are right. With us playing every team next year twice at home = 18. Will mean a bit more than last year.
    Although it is cash at gates for Setanta and purchaced ticket for European games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    The myteam product has the new crest. As soon as the club launches its new crest we will despatch the pack to anyone who has ordered. This will be well before christmas.
    Any chance of a bit of confirmation on this from somebody?did dbrannigan not say a while ago that he didn't know anything about his new crest??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers Maniac View Post
    I think a season book/ticket will only cover the league game and not cover European games, but what it will do is give you priority in buying tickets for matches if Rovers. i.e. only allowed to bring x amount of people to an away game etc. I'd say the season ticket will be a big seller this crimbo.
    Will they be available in time for Christmas?
    On the back of our recent success the club should really try and promote them.
    Its money in the bank regardless of how the season goes.
    Set up a stand beside the Lotto in the Arcade for Christmas and they’ll sell no problem.

Galway had/have a good idea on Season tickets,
    Example : Season ticket costs €250
    Receive €150 worth of vouchers with ticket
    Cost of ticket to supporter €100, in theory.

Companies pay to give away vouchers etc.
    Examples
    Tesco receipts : Bistro Bianconi Buy 1 pizza get 1 free, value €20
    Sligo Champion : Sweeney oil, buy 500L get €50 off next delivery, value €50
    Do a deal with mens fashion retailers, customer spends €100 gets €10 off
    That’s €80 straight off.
    Every ones a winner especially the company giving the voucher as they don’t have to pay for the distribution or advertising costs.

As RM said another selling point would be Season ticket holders are given priority for UEFA Cup tickets

Make them available online to purchase for fans who live away from Sligo but still want to contribute to the club.

Just on another point
    I’m a season ticket holder at the Showgrounds for the last few seasons, but this season I only renewed it at the last minute.
    There was no contact from the club whether I wanted to renew it or not. I know 2 guys in work who did not renew their seasons tickets,
    not because they didn’t want to its just that they weren’t that bothered, but if they had been contacted in some way shape or form they would have renewed.

The club should have a database of ticket holders and send reminder letters at the appropriate time. Personnel touch goes a long way.
    Last edited by srfc1928; 21/11/2008 at 11:37 AM.

In the heights of elation since 7.18pm 14/11/10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roversforever View Post
    Any chance of a bit of confirmation on this from somebody?did dbrannigan not say a while ago that he didn't know anything about his new crest??
    This was discussed in another thread where RoryH said there would be no new crest and Dermot B didnt know anything about it. I emailed the company responsible for myteam.ie but didnt get the courtesy of a reply. http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=104997&page=2

As regards our merchandise it is very poor. I tried to buy two home shirts in the middle of the season in the "club shop" and was told they were sold out. This was an hour before kick off.
    Club needs to have a serious look at this soon. A big opportunity will be lost with Christmas just around the corner and all the goodwill and enthusiasm around the club at the moment.
    Last edited by Redkenrover; 21/11/2008 at 9:52 PM. Reason: forgot link!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by srfc1928 View Post
    Just on another point
    I’m a season ticket holder at the Showgrounds for the last few seasons, but this season I only renewed it at the last minute.
    There was no contact from the club whether I wanted to renew it or not. I know 2 guys in work who did not renew their seasons tickets,
    not because they didn’t want to its just that they weren’t that bothered, but if they had been contacted in some way shape or form they would have renewed.
    I can also say this has happened. A friend of mine who was a season ticket holder the year before said he will get a season ticket defo but will wait until he was contacted by the fella who had got him the ticket the year before(no names). Well there are no prizes for guessing that he was never approached, and never got a season ticket last year.
    He would be a fella who would go to maybe half the games in a year, so the club were missing out in not approaching him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Redkenrover View Post
    This was discussed in another thread where RoryH said there would be no new crest and Dermot B didnt know anything about it. I emailed the company responsible for myteam.ie but didnt get the courtesy of a reply. http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=104997&page=2

As regards our merchandise it is very poor. I tried to buy two home shirts in the middle of the season in the "club shop" and was told they were sold out. This was an hour before kick off.
    Club needs to have a serious look at this soon. A big opportunity will be lost with Christmas just around the corner and all the goodwill and enthusiasm around the club at the moment.
    The other night at the 83 dinner, they showed footage of a game from the mid eighties,
    during the coverage on the game it also showed the old Souveneir shop.
    Many items on sale at the time, such as programmes, badges, scarves etc.

Fast forward to 2008, we have no club shop.
    Merchandise is hard got, and what is available, how much revenue do we receive?

We seem to have very little control over this dept.
    The club need to put a plan in place as regards merchandise.
    We need to sit down with our kit supplier and come up with a range for 2009.
    i.e. decide this is the club tracksuit, club polo, training top etc and make them available for sale asap through which ever channel benefit’s the club the most.

At the moment you can walk into Jako and get the Rovers crest printed on anything.
    What benefit is this to the club. i,m not having a pop at Jako here it’s a business and will not turn custom away, it’s the clubs responsibility to look after its own interests

Look at last season for example, how many games into the season was it before the first team received its new strip never mind it being made available to the fans.

Contrast this set up with say, Shamrock rovers.
    http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/srfcshop/

I know the club probably cant afford to launch an online shop but look at the difference in approach as in regards to merchandise

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Fast forward to 2008, we have no club shop.
    Merchandise is hard got, and what is available, how much revenue do we receive?

We seem to have very little control over this dept.
    The club need to put a plan in place as regards merchandise.

Contrast this set up with say, Shamrock rovers.
    http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/srfcshop/

I know the club probably cant afford to launch an online shop but look at the difference in approach as in regards to merchandise
    This has been in a bone of contention for a very long time. The club simply do not realise that merchandise are the clubs crown jewels. I remember the old sligo town supporters club having a very good shop in Showgrounds where you could buy anything. But one or two had a gripe about it and had the shop closed. They have their own shop now and that's great but it doesn't carry very much stuff all the time.

The Jako deal needs reviewing - maybe even get tenders elsewhere to stir things up. Rovers dont seem to have control of their own crest which jako will put on anything. Jako do a fair bit for Rovers but no more than any other kit supplier. Jako gave preference to getting drogs jersey sorted before ours last season.That's not good enough - Sligo town and county made JAKO not the other way around. Merchandise should bring in alot of money on average seasons and soar in good seasons. The club need to sort this.If they controlled their own merchandise and kit supplier they'd make alot more money than now. There are good margins on running merchandise yourself.

A website shop has failed to materialise time and time again. Again the club fail to see the value of having one but I would think this is down to the supplier once again.

With success comes the chance to build and increase funds coming in. I'd be shocked if merchandise doesn't become a main income stream if it was set up and run well by the club. But it's a hard thing to do. I believe the club did look at going to tender a couple of years back but whatever happened nothing came of it.
    Last edited by neutrino; 23/11/2008 at 11:44 AM.
    "Excuses are the nails used to build a house of failure"

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    MyTeam are waiting for the club to launch the crest, yet on the Rovers website they are promoting the myteam Package. (http://www.sligorovers.com/content/view/676/1/)
    Someone id want to get the finger out.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Companies pay to give away vouchers etc.
    Examples
    Tesco receipts : Bistro Bianconi Buy 1 pizza get 1 free, value €20
    Sligo Champion : Sweeney oil, buy 500L get €50 off next delivery, value €50
    Do a deal with mens fashion retailers, customer spends €100 gets €10 off
    That’s €80 straight off.
    Every ones a winner especially the company giving the voucher as they don’t have to pay for the distribution or advertising costs.
    Bray beat my pizza idea by a matter of hours !
    http://www.braywanderers.ie/index.ph...51&tt_news=565

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Inside Man View Post
    I can also say this has happened. A friend of mine who was a season ticket holder the year before said he will get a season ticket defo but will wait until he was contacted by the fella who had got him the ticket the year before(no names). Well there are no prizes for guessing that he was never approached, and never got a season ticket last year.
    He would be a fella who would go to maybe half the games in a year, so the club were missing out in not approaching him.
    i agree with this and also when selling tickets the mc should have a list of season tickets holders and call or ring them id say they are lossing a nice few euros as some people wont just give unless they are asked

i said this before and i got slated on here but it is true you have to go out and ask people nowadays i know most fans dont need to be asked but there is a few that need to be
    i have never in my life being asked to buy a ticket for any of the draws they have down through the years orrenew my season ticket
    and i have being buying my season ticket for 30 years

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Would a pay monthly by direct debit option help boost the sales ? Might also help the MC budget a bit better this year and avoid another repeat of this seasons fiasco, I think giving the club money up front is dangerous.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by londonred View Post
    Would a pay monthly by direct debit option help boost the sales ? Might also help the MC budget a bit better this year and avoid another repeat of this seasons fiasco, I think giving the club money up front is dangerous.
    Yeah I think it would work. Alot of people might not have the full price to hand. An easy pay scheme might even encourage a person to buy another season ticket for their son, daughter, father or whatever. A bit of administration to make sure everyone pays the proper number of installments for the price of the ticket(s).

I wouldnt think it would be dangerous giving the money up front. But I get where your coming from in terms of there being a regular income over the season and not just at the start and then being left strapped towards the end of the season.
    "Excuses are the nails used to build a house of failure"

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    good idea- monthly payments, but I see great difficulty policeing it if people were to default on the payments it would be impossible to i d the unpaid season tickets

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lifelong rover View Post
    good idea- monthly payments, but I see great difficulty policeing it if people were to default on the payments it would be impossible to i d the unpaid season tickets
    Ticket would have to be paid for before season was to start to be sure it would work. We now have over three months to get this sorted, admin could be sorted out before christmas and then spread the cost over the two months before start of season.
    Also the club are definately launching the new crest next week, despite all the denials that there wasn't to be one
    Mabye they are just after finding it down the back of the couch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I was going to buy a rovers shirt as a christmas present but i won't be doing so if the crest is going to be changed after christmas. Im sure there is more people in the same situation. The club need to clear this up one way or the other or they will lose money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roversforever View Post
    I was going to buy a rovers shirt as a christmas present but i won't be doing so if the crest is going to be changed after christmas. Im sure there is more people in the same situation. The club need to clear this up one way or the other or they will lose money.
    Hold off cause they are definately changing it. I wqs going to get some stuff myself but I contacted myteam.ie for clarification when I saw them advertising the SRFC affiliate pack with the byline "new crest coming soon" I got a very clear and informative response telling me that they hope to send out the SRFC packs the day after the club launch the new crest next week. They will also be doing a leaflet drop to every house in Sligo the day of the launch with the new crest and details of how to order your supporters pack. Pity the club couldnt be more forthcoming with the info.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast