Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Inca Trail

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Inca Trail

Hi Lads, Has anyone here done the Inca Trail i will be doing it in a couple of months and wondering can anyone recommend a tour?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    rebel11 how long you going for? My sister and a friend did something that wasn't the normal inca trail as you approached from a different side and said it was amazing, its supposed to be better than the inca trail. They also said the greatest feeling was realising you did it as its quite tough.

Im hoping to go next year for a few months so any info would be appreciated after you've done it.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    rebel11 how long you going for? My sister and a friend did something that wasn't the normal inca trail as you approached from a different side and said it was amazing, its supposed to be better than the inca trail. They also said the greatest feeling was realising you did it as its quite tough.

Im hoping to go next year for a few months so any info would be appreciated after you've done it.
    Does your sister always liked to be approached from a different side then.
    In Trap we trust

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hey Paul, Will be in South America for just over 3 months, not sure how long i will be in peru for yet, Just want to book my Inca trip early cause you need to book a good few months in advance, for sure mate i will let you know how i get on. Cheers

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel11 View Post
    Hey Paul, Will be in South America for just over 3 months, not sure how long i will be in peru for yet, Just want to book my Inca trip early cause you need to book a good few months in advance, for sure mate i will let you know how i get on. Cheers
    I would certainly recommend that you get your house in order early. We didn't and because the Inca trail had been filled about 3 months in advance we did the Lares trek, which was under the guise of some kind of Inca trail terminating with Machu Picchu. It proved to be unrelated to the Inca trail and our finishing point was actually further away from Machu Picchu than our starting point, or our base at Cusco. Afterwards, we quite pointlessly got the train and bus for a few hours back to Machu Picchu.
    I thought it was enjoyable enough though except for about 2 hours of sheer walking agony trying to reach the top of the pass, and it ends at some nice hot springs at Lares.

I thought the trekking was bareable but I would into my fitness, although it had greatly deteriorated by the time I got to Peru Many people struggled badly though, complained a lot and vowed never to do anything of such again, and at least half our company had to get the horses to take them up at some point on the way. I dont understand what these people were expecting - 'an Andes trek to over 4800m, that will be a stroll in the park' . It also gets very cold at night, apparently on all trails, so stock up on cheap NorthFace knock-offs in Cusco and be sure to bargain with the people selling them.

Our company was Llama Pass who also do the Inca trail and are based in Cusco. Food was good, our guide was sound (if a little sleazy) and everything seemed to be organised well, it may be a bit more expensive though.
    <insert witty remark>