Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Munster Junior Cup 2010/11

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    well i didnt see that coming, Pike got a serious lesson on how to play football, even with 10 men st micks scored 2 goals, what a performance from st micks, looks like thats 1 wheel off the pike orient express, if they play like that against sheriff next week they will get another lesson in football.

weldone st micks, great footballing team
    Last edited by lfc at heart; 09/04/2011 at 8:09 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Heard people on here talking up Mullins and Moloney for Irish caps if you were at the match tonight you would be wandering where they were.
    Moloney was non existent only time you would see him was when he was argueing with the officials or rolling around the Ground.
    Pike backline were tore apart you could see the goals coming some strange substituions by the Pike management.
    Cleary taken off and Enright left on and also young Donovan starting dident do a whole lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blueboy2 View Post
    5 1 Pike were given a lesson in football tonight Micks scored 2 goals when they were down to ten men.
    That was one of the best performances from a saints team ive ever seen. Played Pike off the pitch in every department top class stuff. Only downside is Chalky's sending off for 2 yellows and a bad injury to Paul Tobin. Pike had no answer tonight to score 2 goals when we were down to 10 men was top drawer stuff! Gongrats to all unbelieveable stuff!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    well well well, what can I say, except Im delighted that pike got a lesson in football to-night, it was great to see the wheels starting to fall off the pike rovers orient express, st Michaels out classed them, out played them, stuffed and roasted them them and made them look very bad, I hope sheriff do the same next weekend.

Alan Barry wasnt at the races at all to-night the only thing he done was give the st Michaels player a dirty elbow in the face, which he should have been sent off for. as for Mike Aherne, I think he was found out to-night, he had a dreadfull game and what about the 2 goals scored when st Michaels only had 10 men on the pitch, that has to be embarressing

did anyone else notice that when st Michaels scored the goals that the people from the other clubs around Limerick were all smiling, as I said previous the only people supporting Pike to-night were the Pike club supporters it seems everyone else there was supporting St Michaels.

good on you st Michaels, you gave pike rovers a lesson in football, a great day for football, an amateur game won by a amateur team.

5. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Fill your boots on St. Michaels????????

FAI Junior Cup Sunday, 17th April 2011, 14:00
    Outright Betting Hide
    Others on Request

Pike Rovers 11/10
    St Michaels 9/4
    Sherriff YC 3/1
    New Ross 8/1

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    cant believe what iv seen tonight st micks were on a diff level to pike and been honest it could of been 6 or 7 st micks 3rd goal was unreal 3 passes man played throu fantastic finish. iv never seen a defence as strong as pike been ripped to pieces like that they were playing football out of this world. i fancy these two teams to meet in the FAI fianl.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Just a quick thank you to the 3 St.micks supporters(a lovely woman with her daughter and husband) who managed to get rid of the St micks fans(mostly 18/19 year olds) who took it upon themselves to verbally abuse and phyiscally intimidate me for the majority of the first half. Never been subject to that sort of behaviour in my time in football. Gladly I can say they were a very small selection of the St.micks crowd..

On the game, St micks outplayed pike in all sections of the park, they certainly missed colbert and Tierney tonight. Saying all that, Pike missed 3 or 4 cracking chances, 2 by Alan Barry and hitting the cross bar at 2-0 down. The better team went through. Best of luck in the final.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    What were they officials like?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Skyguy as a Limerickman your hatred of Pike is truly amazing, you come on here slagging them and at the end of the day it was a Limerick team badly beaten which doesnt reflect well on our league. Pike were poor and they certainly didnt show up but why come on here stirring it. It was a bad night for Limerick football in general. The two players you mentioned actually bust a gut as did young Kavanagh in midfield, they were the only three to come off with any credit. If you have a grudge against a club keep your insults to yourself, i as a Limerickman and a follower of the game felt sorry for the players tonight and i hope Wembley win tomorrow too so good luck to them.

Formerly: vidic-class
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    St. Michael's were absolutely sensational tonight. Full value for the win and even with 10 men they destroyed Pike. James Carr (No.7) on the wing for Michael's was man of the match for me he was outstanding all night. I have to question the referee for sending off Chalky, it was an extremely harsh 2nd yellow in my eyes and now he misses the final - joke. Plus the ref bottled giving Mick's a penalty when Cleary blocked a goal-bound effort with his hands in the 1st half at 0-0, then at 3-0 he totally bottled giving Barry a straight red for a dirty elbow on Breen. No.11's finish for the 1st goal on the stroke of half-time was quality, keeper had no chance. Borris strolled around the pitch all night, hardly broke a sweat I'd say, his work rate was pathetic

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    best performance iv seen since fairview beat carrick 3-0 down in waterford in the FAI fianl about 6yrs ago or more?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Firstly, I would like to say well done to St.Michaels, they fully deserved the win. They outplayed, outclassed and outwitted Pike. Secondly, it's nice to see all the anti Pikers coming on here abusing every person that is with Pike! Lastly, I wish the best of luck to the St.Michaels for the rest of the season

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeniorBlue View Post
    Skyguy as a Limerickman your hatred of Pike is truly amazing, you come on here slagging them and at the end of the day it was a Limerick team badly beaten which doesnt reflect well on our league. Pike were poor and they certainly didnt show up but why come on here stirring it. It was a bad night for Limerick football in general. The two players you mentioned actually bust a gut as did young Kavanagh in midfield, they were the only three to come off with any credit. If you have a grudge against a club keep your insults to yourself, i as a Limerickman and a follower of the game felt sorry for the players tonight and i hope Wembley win tomorrow too so good luck to them.

first of all hate is a very strong word, I dont like pike, i dont like what they stand for which we are not allowed talk about on this site, but 90% of the junior population dont like Pike for the very same reason. so whats wrong with that. how many people Living in manchester dont like man utd, the point Im making here is I dont have to like them just because they are from Limerick. so if it upsets you, tough, build a bridge and get over it.

and another thing I hope Wembley win the MJC, a good amateur club
    Last edited by skyguy19; 09/04/2011 at 9:21 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skyguy19 View Post
    first of all hate is a very strong word, I dont like pike, i dont like what they stand for which we are not allowed talk about on this site, but 90% of the junior population dont like Pike for the very same reason. so whats wrong with that. how many people Living in manchester dont like man utd, the point Im making here is I dont have to like them just because they are from Limerick. so if it upsets you, tough, build a bridge and get over it.

and another thing I hope Wembley win the MJC, a good amateur club
    are you saying st micks dont give out a few sweeties.pike were well beat tonight from reading all the posts on here.i didnt make the match but well done to micks and unlucky to pike.they will no doubt bounce back to have a good season.best of luck to wembley tommorrow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearoso27 View Post
    That was one of the best performances from a saints team ive ever seen. Played Pike off the pitch in every department top class stuff. Only downside is Chalky's sending off for 2 yellows and a bad injury to Paul Tobin. Pike had no answer tonight to score 2 goals when we were down to 10 men was top drawer stuff! Gongrats to all unbelieveable stuff!
    Agree with every word here. Amazing performance from St Michaels .... Congrats! Ye did yourselves and the T.S.D.L proud. Well worth the trip up and i got great value for 5 euro :P
    "I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell."

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    pike still have the fai there main aim this year which i think they wil win surely the rot had to stop somewher how many games have they gone unbeaten till now last week people were saying pike wont be stopped after blowing balla away wit ten men st micks turned up tonight nd pike didnt im sure they will bounce back for the fai

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faces View Post
    4 good reasons to win a touhy cup,lawson cup,premier league,munster junior and fai cup all the same.
    A large slice of humble pie with Sunday lunch for the cocky Pike supporters tomorrow

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Cool

great performance by st.mics,organised,skillfull,commited,and lets be honest destroyed pike especially the back four.none of pikes much heralded defence could cope and given only kavanagh funtioning in midfield they were waves of pacy micheals attacks throughout.shocked to see cleary withdrawn as both enright and especially ahern were very poor,while up front moloney(surely people dont really expect efforts like his tonight to merit being capped) was cleaned out by breen(what a player this fella is.)very harsh sending off for the micheals capt its easy to see why this player has so many caps outstanding.also the small wideman for micheals lovely player.pike people on here shouldn,t be that surprised at peoples or the antipikers reaction to this hammering,there are plenty arrogent,over confident pike posters to balance it out,pike set themselves up for defeats like this they have...approached the junior game....in a manner that hardly befits their great club.its not a nice thing to see a limerick team humiliated like that tonight ,and in kavanagh,mullins,hartnett and to a lesser extent barry,cleary they had players trying their hardest to stem the tide.pike have to react now in the best way possible i,m sure they will.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    The superlatives have already been bled dry by many other posters. St Michael's have been threatening to do that to a top team for a long time. They came of age as a team tonight. They scored 5 goals that would grace any league on the planet. Pike had no answer - St Michael's just annihilated them tonight in every department. At least now we can put last year's arguments to bed. Let's hope these two can negotiate Sheriff and New Ross and meet again in May.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xpskid View Post
    A large slice of humble pie with Sunday lunch for the cocky Pike supporters tomorrow
    oops i got one wrong.and i keep saying im not a pike man just a limerick lad hoping limerick teams do well in the latter parts of the big cups.

Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast