Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Midweek Games 3rd & 4th May

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnyDCFC View Post
    Eh? Were you chatting to Philip O'Doherty last night?
    If not, where did you get your figures from and what are they?

Excuses excuses......
    £7 grand stg per week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    £7 grand stg per week.
    Where did you get your figures from?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Where did you get your figures from?
    Check it out and come back to me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Heggy View Post
    Check it out and come back to me
    Thats the point, its not publicly available until the accounts are signed off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I have no way of checking it out, I'm asking you where did you get your figures from?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wonder88 View Post
    excellent point for Galway considering how many players we were missing. Shepperd was brilliant again and special mention to Tom King and our kepper as well. We need some of our injured players back asap as we only had 3 subs tonight. Terrible attendance again; 940 about 150 from Sligo I would say.
    Why the hell wasn't yer left back in goals again last night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    I have no way of checking it out, I'm asking you where did you get your figures from?
    A taxi driver outside badgers obviously.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    No, according to the Examiner the lad was called Forde, only looked about 15 and not the tallest but played superbly.
    Ronan Forde. They have 3 keepers - Ronan Forde, Ronan Burke and Martin Mannion, and Forde is by far the best of them. As for Terryland, cracking point for us considering the players we were missing. Barry Ryan the MOTM by a country mile, if it wasn't for him, Sligo would have scored 3 or 4. Good turnout by Sligo fans - doubt we would bring 150 up there midweek - but a pity a few of them thought mocking those who have lost their lives at seas in Galway was a good idea (quite personal to me). I can imagine what would happoen if we turn up with 'Ronnie Dunbar - boyfriend of the year' flags in the fairgrounds in July
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    A taxi driver outside badgers obviously.
    Sam what you have to remember is the difference in the crowds derry get compared to Harps if Derry average 2k people per match at average of 10 per head thats 20k stirling per fortnight or £10k per week the budget is including Kennys salary and 18 players on the books, my mathematics makes that £3k profit for away trips etc per week before any sponsorship or fund raising activities takes place. Our budget has been severley cut this year, £7k for rhe whole club is reasonable for the crowds we get

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexy View Post
    S my mathematics makes that £3k profit
    Hope you're not a maths teacher. Few points

Of your 2,000- deduct just over a 1000 as season ticket holders for which due to the Wellvan fiasco we didn't get any money for
    Moving to the remaining thousand- Average for concessionaries is around 60% so that means average revenue is less than a tenner a head.
    From that, deduct 17.5% VAT on gate receipts.
    Not 18 players on the books, 21.

I could go on, but you get the idea.
    Tifo poles, sausage rolls and a few goals.

The Brandy Blogs, back and blogging the 2010 season

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexy View Post
    Sam what you have to remember is the difference in the crowds derry get compared to Harps if Derry average 2k people per match at average of 10 per head thats 20k stirling per fortnight or £10k per week the budget is including Kennys salary and 18 players on the books, my mathematics makes that £3k profit for away trips etc per week before any sponsorship or fund raising activities takes place. Our budget has been severley cut this year, £7k for rhe whole club is reasonable for the crowds we get
    Is that you Pat?

Seriously though, I wouldn't waste too much time trying to calculate the breakeven on a wage bill provided by hearsay.
    Last edited by OneRedArmy; 05/05/2010 at 11:58 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    No, according to the Examiner the lad was called Forde, only looked about 15 and not the tallest but played superbly.
    I think he's David Forde's nephew (ex-Derry/Galway keeper, now playing at Milwall)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodquayBoy View Post
    but a pity a few of them thought mocking those who have lost their lives at seas in Galway was a good idea (quite personal to me). I can imagine what would happoen if we turn up with 'Ronnie Dunbar - boyfriend of the year' flags in the fairgrounds in July
    I'll let someone from Forza Rovers clarify it if they wish but I think you may have mis-understood the message in that display...
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Matty Crossan was sent off in a tussle with a Derry defender in the Derry box during a Harps corner kick, both men were at it yet Matty gets a second booking and his marching orders.
    There was a tussle between Crossan and Deery but nothing to warrant a booking until Cossan decided to land a sly punch into the stomach of Kevin Deery.

Unfortunately for Crossan he did it in full view of the referee.

In this instance the ref made the correct decision.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brandy86 View Post
    There was a tussle between Crossan and Deery but nothing to warrant a booking until Cossan decided to land a sly punch into the stomach of Kevin Deery.

Unfortunately for Crossan he did it in full view of the referee.

In this instance the ref made the correct decision.
    I'll take your word for that. I like the majority of folk in the ground was baffled at the decision.

Is there any video footage going to be online any time soon of the game? I would love to see some of the highlights again, if Im wrong with my take on the refs decisions then I will gladly eat humble pie.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRedArmy View Post
    Thats the point, its not publicly available until the accounts are signed off.
    Surely POTM?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    I'll let someone from Forza Rovers clarify it if they wish but I think you may have mis-understood the message in that display...
    Apologies if I did, just hit a raw nerve. It was the Galway City crest and not the United one, on the display, and said Fisherman's End (rather than United end) which, given our link with the sea, and the tragedy that goes with it, struck me as not being about United. As I said, apologies if I got it wrong, I have form for over-reacting!!
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Seemed to be Harps came to stop Derry's teenagers from playing and expressing themselves the way they have been in recent weeks.You cant fault them for that but how anyone can say that it was Derry that was physical is beyond a joke.

For the entire game harps players were leaving the boot in after half their tackles and the ref had warned players time after time.

For the re-taken free for the goal!!!! FFS what did you expect the ref to do when as McLean hit the free Doherty? was within two feet of him.

I agree that McLean should have just celebrated the goal without winding the player up.

It looked like it was actually Scoltock that blocked Funston after the goal,but Funston did hit 2 Derry players as the players were leaving the pitch.

I was shocked at how low the Harps crowd was,no way did you's even fill section A never mind section B.A poor home crowd as well for a derby game but I suppose we cant complain when it's a Tues night and I'm sure all clubs in Ireland would be happy with that.

With Waterford dropping points again I'm getting more confident that we can be in the top two at worst come the end of the season and with the great football the youngsters are playing it's a joy to watch.
    So if you think Bohs are big read this. http://www.astronomy.ie/perpespective.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Candystripe View Post
    For the re-taken free for the goal!!!! FFS what did you expect the ref to do when as McLean hit the free Doherty? was within two feet of him.

I agree that McLean should have just celebrated the goal without winding the player up.

It looked like it was actually Scoltock that blocked Funston after the goal,but Funston did hit 2 Derry players as the players were leaving the pitch.

1. Doherty was at the other side of the pitch not beside McLean, he purposely ran across the pitch at Doc.

2. Blocked Funston? It was as the Derry players were running back into their half, Mickey was on the half way line. How do you block someone that was standing still?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Obviously then it wasn't Doherty that ran at the free kick which is why I put the ? in my post.But something must have been said for McLean to run over and goad him and I'm not condoning it BTW.

I'm sure it was Scoltock that did bump into Funston after the goal.

Sam, Derry's teenagers played you's off the park,that you must admit.As for our players budget-I've heard it's around the £5k mark and not the £7k you're suggesting.

Are you's looking forward to returning next Monday?

Oh and were you impressed with our giant video screen? Wasn't it great to see the replays of the free kick for the goal a few times lol
    So if you think Bohs are big read this. http://www.astronomy.ie/perpespective.html

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast