Page 326 of 394 FirstFirst ... 226276316324325326327328336376 ... LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,520 of 7867

Thread: The say anything, what's on your mind thread

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,529 Posts
    Tell people bizarre lies. Then contradict those lies. Then lie about it when challenged, telling third, unrelated stories.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    Tell people bizarre lies. Then contradict those lies. Then lie about it when challenged, telling third, unrelated stories.
    Practice on your significant other!
    I like high energy football. A little bit rock and roll. Many finishes instead of waiting for the perfect one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    Degree show hung yesterday, just putting my portfolio together now, assessments this Thursday, results next Friday and Show opens that Saturday. The end is nigh

5. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Good luck Acornvilla!

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Exams are all finished for the summer, a nice relief, fixed with apprehension, heading off to Boston for the summer! Alas, a job has fallen through, but everyone seems convinced that it will be easy enough to source something when I am over there! Here's hoping!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,529 Posts
    My brother moved over there a few months ago and has found various bits of work since- he's been moving around looking for something that suits. Seems be be no shortage of jobs anyway.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acornvilla View Post
    Degree show hung yesterday, just putting my portfolio together now, assessments this Thursday, results next Friday and Show opens that Saturday. The end is nigh
    Best of luck with everything! Any photos?

If you've been feeling very stressed the past few weeks, I can certainly empathise as I'm in a similar boat myself. The past two weeks or so have been exceptionally taxing ones for me both physically and psychologically. I'm in the midst of setting up a fairly ambitious multi/mixed-media installation incorporating sound recordings, lighting effects and a replica "peace wall" two-and-a-half metres high and constructed out of over 400 whitewashed texts as bricks (I actually used Argos catalogues* painstakingly collected throughout the past few months via cycles back and forth from the local Argos to the art school) all inside a dark, claustrophobic cube that I've painted entirely black and covered with black curtains for my degree show. I also have to have a whole year's work documented for assessment. The deadline for everything is this Friday, but still have a long list of things to complete before then. I cannot wait. Everything must also satisfy health and safety concerns and a risk assessment, so I've had to construct a supporting plinth and cut concrete slabs to ensure stability. It's all been very intense and laborious, and then I've had to pretty much re-paint the whole studio area outside, floor and all. My body was still aching yesterday morning when I woke up from the physical labour of the previous week. There'll be more of the same this week. Have attached some photos of my progress so far below.

*There is no conceptual significance in the fact I've used Argos catalogues. I used them as they were readily collectable, freely available and have a heavy, brick-like appearance when stacked.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,393 Posts
    Stabbing is not fun. Especially when you hit yourself.

My arm hurts.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    Went out last night, ended up getting pretty drunk. Tried to noiselessly plug in my phone and get into bed without waking the girlfriend.

Instead, I ended up tripping on a shoe, falling INTO the wall beside the bed and landing on the floor, breaking both a mug and my phone charger, and cutting my shoulder. And pulling the lamp down on top of myself.

As I sat on the floor my one thought was that the lamp must be broken, so I flicked it on to make sure it worked, just in time to shine it directly into the girlfriend's eyes as she woke up to what all the commotion was about.

I then woke up late for work thanks to said phone charger being broken and my alarm not going off on my phone.

All in all, not one of my finest mornings.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,393 Posts
    Hate that. No matter how quiet you try to be, you're always louder than you are when you're not trying to be quiet.

What's worse is stepping on the dog when not realising he's in the bedroom and completely scaring the sh*t out of your girlfriend with a loud bark.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,529 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Hate that. No matter how quiet you try to be, you're always louder than you are when you're not trying to be quiet.

What's worse is stepping on the dog when not realising he's in the bedroom and completely scaring the sh*t out of your girlfriend with a loud bark.
    And then the dog wakes up and makes it even worse.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    Best of luck with everything! Any photos?

If you've been feeling very stressed the past few weeks, I can certainly empathise as I'm in a similar boat myself. The past two weeks or so have been exceptionally taxing ones for me both physically and psychologically. I'm in the midst of setting up a fairly ambitious multi/mixed-media installation incorporating sound recordings, lighting effects and a replica "peace wall" two-and-a-half metres high and constructed out of over 400 whitewashed texts as bricks (I actually used Argos catalogues* painstakingly collected throughout the past few months via cycles back and forth from the local Argos to the art school) all inside a dark, claustrophobic cube that I've painted entirely black and covered with black curtains for my degree show. I also have to have a whole year's work documented for assessment. The deadline for everything is this Friday, but still have a long list of things to complete before then. I cannot wait. Everything must also satisfy health and safety concerns and a risk assessment, so I've had to construct a supporting plinth and cut concrete slabs to ensure stability. It's all been very intense and laborious, and then I've had to pretty much re-paint the whole studio area outside, floor and all. My body was still aching yesterday morning when I woke up from the physical labour of the previous week. There'll be more of the same this week. Have attached some photos of my progress so far below.

*There is no conceptual significance in the fact I've used Argos catalogues. I used them as they were readily collectable, freely available and have a heavy, brick-like appearance when stacked.

That all looks and sounds like an unholy amount of effort! Looks cool thou so hopefully its all worth it
    I'll put up a few photos on Sunday after the show opens and I'm too hungover to do anything more productive!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,821 Posts
    98FM and FM104 are the pits.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    Got my results today, got a 2.1 thank Christ that's over.. Have to wait until next week now to find out if I got a place in the Masters or not, hon down to limerick tomorrow some of ye for free wine our degree show is opening!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    914 Posts
    Congrats!
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

23. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,393 Posts
    Nice one man. Fair play

25. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    Cheers chaps! Heres what the finished show looks like Danny. I might have a few better pics over the next few days but you'll get the idea http://www.behance.net/gallery/LSAD-...w-2013/9028259

27. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Looks fantastic. Some really nice shots there. Again, congrats on the result and best of luck with everything.

You should check out Roddy Buchanan if you haven't encountered him already; a Scottish artist who explores themes of sport/football and identity. Leo Fitzmaurice's dicarded cigarette packet series, 'Post Match', is also great:

Here are my 'Sterling Superkings':

No place for Tony Benson and Ron Hedges, mind.

29. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    In their drive for efficiency, our overlords have created some amazing words!

http://www.theage.com.au/world/sixty...604-2nmy5.html
    Last edited by gastric; 04/06/2013 at 4:21 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gastric View Post
    In their drive for efficiency, our overlords have created some amazing words!

http://www.theage.com.au/world/sixty...604-2nmy5.html
    They could help out our own word association game thread... we're screwed!!
    I like high energy football. A little bit rock and roll. Many finishes instead of waiting for the perfect one.