Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fundraiser Idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Fundraiser Idea

It might be an idea trying to tap into the Sligo GAA fans and try a Sligo Rovers 11 V Sligo GAA 11. You would fill have the showgrounds with Rovers Fans and if you get a fraction of the GAA heads around the county then should be possible to fill the place.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Benny, id love to see it, put as ive said before in a similar thread:
    The Gah, playing Soccer, in the showgrounds!!!
    Cant see them goin for it.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

Formerly: wild rover
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    There is a big gap between games at a couple of stages for the rest of the season.

We don't have much of a team though so it would be risky and the GAA have the Timmy Murphy Cup........

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I had an idea that perhaps Westlife could be approached to perform in the showgies...either have a small concert at 10 euro a ticket in the showgrounds,or even performing at half time would drag a few extra people through the gates and help the place get packed out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redobit View Post
    Benny, id love to see it, put as ive said before in a similar thread:
    The Gah, playing Soccer, in the showgrounds!!!
    Cant see them goin for it.
    Galway done it back when Don o Riordan was managing them and it was a great hit!
    Till d End!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRebel32 View Post
    I had an idea that perhaps Westlife could be approached to perform in the showgies...either have a small concert at 10 euro a ticket in the showgrounds,or even performing at half time would drag a few extra people through the gates and help the place get packed out.
    Didnt they promote Rovers a few years ago ? A small concert would generate great funds, but too be honest they should have 1 or 2 other bands/singers aswell e.g Tabby Callaghan and Tommy Fleming.
    Coleman for Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligofan4ever View Post
    Didnt they promote Rovers a few years ago ? A small concert would generate great funds, but too be honest they should have 1 or 2 other bands/singers aswell e.g Tabby Callaghan and Tommy Fleming.
    I remember when everyone laughed when they play at half time as IOU in the jinks aveune stand(B4 The seating). Even if something like this was to happen the cash is needed now but as a long term plan be good.
    Till d End!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRebel32 View Post
    It would be great if they could help us out.

AFAIK Celtic still owe us a friendly from Declan Boyles transfer to Parkhead. There was a gentlemans agreement that they would play us at some stage, this never materialised. At the meeting in The Ark last year Michael Toolan said that the club had been in contact with Celtic regarding this on several occasions but got no joy.He also said he went to Glasgow and met Directors etc
    Celtic are doing an Irish tour this summer, they play Glentoran at some stage it wouldnt kill them to drop over to the northwest and play a game against us. After all there would be no Celtic if there was no Sligo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by srfc1928 View Post
    It would be great if they could help us out.

AFAIK Celtic still owe us a friendly from Declan Boyles transfer to Parkhead. There was a gentlemans agreement that they would play us at some stage, this never materialised. At the meeting in The Ark last year Michael Toolan said that the club had been in contact with Celtic regarding this on several occasions but got no joy.He also said he went to Glasgow and met Directors etc
    Celtic are doing an Irish tour this summer, they play Glentoran at some stage it wouldnt kill them to drop over to the northwest and play a game against us. After all there would be no Celtic if there was no Sligo

**** Celtic. They don't give a **** bout us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SligoBrewer View Post
    **** Celtic. They don't give a **** bout us.
    I dont give a **** about them either SligoBrewer, but a lot of people do. I just want OUR CLUB to benefit in fiancial terms to save us from going under.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by srfc1928 View Post
    I dont give a **** about them either SligoBrewer, but a lot of people do. I just want OUR CLUB to benefit in fiancial terms to save us from going under.
    Yes, it would help. But we have to be realistic.

No Gaa friendly is going to happen as the gah heads wont step foot in the gates of the Showgrounds for fear of the ban.

No Celtic friendly is gonna happen as their wont be any benefit to Celtic. If Celtic do owe us a friendly as you say, they should honour it. If they won't we should invoice them for losses. Ie. A full Showgrounds. However, didnt Celtic under 19's play a friendly in the Showgies not so long ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SligoBrewer View Post

No Gaa friendly is going to happen as the gah heads wont step foot in the gates of the Showgrounds for fear of the ban.
    What ban you on about?
    Till d End!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Celtic only care about celtic - from what i was told when boyle moved to celtic they made a verbal gentlemans agreement to have a friendly and then the board changed and the present incumbents do not feel they are responsible for previous boards verbal agreements.

Remember Celtic are a scottish team, who milk the irish football market and their dream is to play in the english premier league! they only claim irishness when its worth money to them and have treated LOI/EL clubs notoriously badly over the years.

Its just a pity we couldnt convert some of sligo's celtic morons to support a real irish team namely "SRFC" - sorry for my rant but its a bugbear of mine for about 30 years but all factual and correct!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    This issue was brought up at the meeting. Toolan told us that even Willie McStay pleaded to the Celtic board on our behalf. The board just not interested on bringing the 1st team to Sligo.
    The cost on us would be at least 30K. Maybe more. Money we dont have at present.
    I have scattered my dreams underneath your feet, tread carefully, cos it's my dreams you walk on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by red_away View Post
    Its just a pity we couldnt convert some of sligo's celtic morons to support a real irish team namely "SRFC" - sorry for my rant but its a bugbear of mine for about 30 years but all factual and correct!
    Alot of us 'morons' already do RA, I regularly see Sligo lads in pubs in Glasgow when i'm over at games and alot of them follow the Rovers too. I think your wee rant should be aimed at the barstooler premiership fans who knock the Rovers, whom I'd say we all know plenty of!

By the way, I recall you telling me before that you used to go to Celtic games, did you not??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Lads can we stay away from any pro/anti Celtic arguing
    Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I dont think there is any info on sligorovers.com on how supporters can become a member of the club.

It's just a little idea, but if people could see how to join up it may create a little more money.
    Whats that comin' over the hill

It's the Monster,

The Cookie Monster!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Jeebus - its not about people who go to the rovers its to highlight the fallacy that Celtic are anything irish!

I wont continue this discussion here anymore as i probably shouldnt have put in my last comment as there is a more pressing issue at hand!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

BORST Website

lads just letting you know if they need to contact the trust they can now do so at the follwing addresses on www.thebitored.com

alan@thebitored.com
    info@thebitored.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Fundraiser Idea

Just a simple idea the trust could run is a bucket collection, just pick a saturday have all members and fans outside all shopping centres and shops in sligo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast