Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Conspiracy theories that turned out to be true?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Conspiracy theories that turned out to be true?

In the wake of Jim Corr's radio rant which i dont believe ( i dont belive the official account either) i think some where in between the two stories lies the truth. But what annoyed me was the amount of people that just brush it off as just wrong and the presenters ( ray darcy in paticular) that knew nothing on the subject where still dissmissing him as a loon.

What i was wondering was was there any big conspiracy theory that years later was true and prooven alll the Loons where right.

I guess smoking causing lung cancer would be a big one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anto1208 View Post
    In the wake of Jim Corr's radio rant which i dont believe ( i dont belive the official account either) i think some where in between the two stories lies the truth. But what annoyed me was the amount of people that just brush it off as just wrong and the presenters ( ray darcy in paticular) that knew nothing on the subject where still dissmissing him as a loon.

What i was wondering was was there any big conspiracy theory that years later was true and prooven alll the Loons where right.

what's the story there?
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Ritchie View Post
    what's the story there?
    Jim Corr subscribes to the conspiracy theory that 9/11 was a "False Flag" operation. In summary - the American Government carried it out and created the illusion it was Terrorists.
    Quoting years at random since 1975

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Jim Corr subscribes to the conspiracy theory that 9/11 was a "False Flag" operation. In summary - the American Government carried it out and created the illusion it was Terrorists.
    I've wondered about that for a while. I don't think it's true but I wouldn't be too surprised if it was.
    My concerns are global. I reject absolutely revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method, is love. I love you Sheriff Truman.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmurphyc View Post
    I've wondered about that for a while. I don't think it's true but I wouldn't be too surprised if it was.
    Having examined several documentaries about it i'd have to say i agree with Jim.
    There's at least 50 things to say the offical report's are flawed, but little to back them up.
    One simple thing to point out is the ''911 commissions report'' the commissioners appointed all had close ties to the Republican party and never any serious questions were asked even against the wishes of the victim's families, the report was a joke and never asked any real questions on the matter!.

I don't see how anyone could examine all the evidence and disregard it as coincidance

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CCtb9nlV_20

Here is George Bush saying he saw the first plane hit even though it was never televised, it was only captured by the French documentary makers who were with the fire department that day.

Jim Corr is'nt a loon like the papers made him out to be, quite the opposite, only a loon would disregard all the evidence and take the story for how it was told to us that day!!.

For anyone who has'nt watched too much on it i'd recommend the ''Loose Change 2nd edition'' as the definitive guide to all you need to know, it has everything, if you want a link PM me!!

On a side note i think the JFK one too was definitely a hit by the CIA, the ''Magic Bullet'' is the damming piece of evidence here against the offical account.

They are'nt ''Conspiracys'' it's just the American's have'nt been very good at covering there tracks and left too much evidence for any intellectual person to believe!.
    But the main thing is the majority of people believe the actual accounts as they never look into them properly and that's all that matters in the long-run.
    There's the right way, the wrong way.... and the Max Power way!! :-D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    also they way they fell as if they were being demolished

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    The problem with some of those documentaries is they go too far that whole thing about the jet fuel wouldn’t melt steel is true but it is hot enough for it to lose 60% of its strength
    Add that with a massive impact and the building would collapse.
    But when you look at the fire its clear to see its only on one side so it would be safe to assume the top would fall on that side not straight down as it did. The building may continue to fall straight but its such a fluke that it wouldn’t happen twice with two buildings right next to each other.

Then on the other side you have the government which named 15 highjackers on board the flights even though they didnt appear on any flight lists and 8 turned up alive in the weeks after !!!!

When you see operation Northwoods which was a plan by the American government to generate support for military action against cuba by attacking US military or civilian locations. Anything is possible which is why it annoys me that people think they wouldn’t do it. Im not saying they did im saying I wouldn’t put it past them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Jim Corr is a raving mad lunatic and anyone who thinks he's talking sense is an idiot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Do you mean to say smoking doesn't cause lung cancer?
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skitz3 View Post
    Jim Corr is a raving mad lunatic and anyone who thinks he's talking sense is an idiot.
    I agree. He spent too many of his teenage years playing in his sister's laundry basket. I think it sent him over the edge

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    I thought he'd claimed the Lisbon Treaty was another step on the road to the single world government when the illuminati will enslave us all. Or something.

Anyway, given what happened to the last 9/11 conspiracies thread, I'd tread carefully here folks. Dahamsta doesn't need any grassy knolls.

Evidence of the link between smoking and lung cancer was certainly covered up by Big Tobacco. I don't know if it was common knowledge at the time that some loons were trying to do down nice healthy cigarettes with crazy talk of the 'long illness'. I suspect not.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,228 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superfrank View Post
    I assume he means that smoking causing lung cancer was long thought a crackpot conspiracy theory until it was proven true.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    no he means it does cause lung cancer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Sorry, too young to rememer that.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Anyone else not care if it was the Taliban or the American government who knocked the WTC? One's a douche and the other's a turd sandwich (to reference South Park) in my eyes. True Americans killing other Americans for profit (didn't happen in my opinion)would shock the world in the week before Angelina Jolie announces her next pregnancy, but we couldn't say we were ignorant of the fact that American oil and weapons merchants were anything other than warts on the anus of humanity. If we, and the American people, really cared we could find out what happened, or we could change any number of things that are wrong in this world, but we won't, because quite simply we'd rather be watching Lost, drinking a €5 cup of coffee, and complaining about how there's nothing on TV anymore and this coffee just isn't that good.
    Last edited by jebus; 03/06/2008 at 10:49 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus View Post
    If we, and the American people, really cared we could find out what happened, or we could change any number of things that are wrong in this world, but we won't, because quite simply we'd rather be watching Lost, drinking a €5 cup of coffee, and complaining about how there's nothing on TV anymore and this coffee just isn't that good.
    Hey, just because you're apathetic you can't paint everyone with the same brush. I make my own coffee FFS.
    My concerns are global. I reject absolutely revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method, is love. I love you Sheriff Truman.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    Evidence of the link between smoking and lung cancer was certainly covered up by Big Tobacco. I don't know if it was common knowledge at the time that some loons were trying to do down nice healthy cigarettes with crazy talk of the 'long illness'. I suspect not.
    The story is much more interesting than that if you read up on it. The link was first proven by the Nazis and the western countries didn't accept it as true.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus View Post
    Anyone else care if it was the Taliban or the American government who knocked the WTC? One's a douche and the other's a turd sandwich (to reference South Park) in my eyes. True Americans killing other Americans for profit (didn't happen in my opinion)would shock the world in the week before Angelina Jolie announces her next pregnancy, but we couldn't say we were ignorant of the fact that American oil and weapons merchants were anything other than warts on the anus of humanity. If we, and the American people, really cared we could find out what happened, or we could change any number of things that are wrong in this world, but we won't, because quite simply we'd rather be watching Lost, drinking a €5 cup of coffee, and complaining about how there's nothing on TV anymore and this coffee just isn't that good.
    Ha,good post
    RIP JOHNNY

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I mean that at one stage that theory was dissmissed as ramblings from a few "loons" but was proven to be true.

Was thinking if any others had turned out like that.Not too interested in current ones being disscussed as it will go around in circles and get no where fast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I mean that at one stage that theory was dissmissed as ramblings from a few "loons" but was proven to be true.

Was thinking if any others had turned out like that.Not too interested in current ones being disscussed as it will go around in circles and get no where fast.
    If you're going to include the link between smoking and cancer you'll probably have to include a lot of science. The notion that the earth orbits the sun was quite controversial in its day.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast