Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kerr -becoming a Sad Figure

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Kerr needs to **** off. I thought he did alright with the players he had but I will never, ever forgive him for subbing off Robbie Keane in that last Swiss match on the hour mark, as the other guy said previously in this thread. We were desperate for a goal to keep us alive, and he replaced our all-time top scorer with one Gary Doherty. Need I say more?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Time will show that these players will grow to love playing for Trap and respect him, overheard one of the players think it was J'OS speaking with genuine awe about doing push-ups and looking over and seeing the 69 old gaffer doing the same.. I'd imagine Trap is havinga good laff and all the petty crap from Kerr, and have you seen it yet the spread right across the top of the indo today -"Trappetoni the players and drainking", this guy has managed not just in the temperal Italy but all over Europe.. I am sure it takes it all with a pinch of sort.. But we are a fine bunch such pathetic Journalism to start the campaign Its embarassing!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenforever View Post
    Has Kerr forgotten he got rid of "Kisser in Chief Mick Byrne" only for Stan to bring him back, now he's upset Trap has got rid off him
    I think you're misreading that entirely. Calling him 'kisser in chief', he's obviously taking the pi$$ out of Byrne. Kerr was criticised for getting rid of him so he's wondering if the gob****es in the press will criticise Trap for it. His bitterness is towards the press and FAI top brass rather than Trap as I see it.
    Last edited by Schumi; 27/05/2008 at 1:16 PM.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    i think the becoming in the title is funny, i always found him to be a sad figure
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Very predictable that he would have a dig at Brady, I recall Brady calling one of Kerr's articles ridiculous on the panel and Kerr no doubt holds grudges, lost all respect for him, I especially hate the way he pretends to complement someone before getting his little dig in(e.g. calling Brady a legend), as if by doing this it makes his point seem more valid and not just the rantings of a bitter little man

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    I did feel he was hard done when the FAI sacked him - especially when they brought in Staunton. But now he needs to let things go or all those chips on his shoulders will crush him

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    When he first started writing for the IT I found his articles really insightful and liked reading him. I can understand his gripes with the FAI but I do feel he is letting it get in the way of decent analysis. For all of the things he could have written about before Trapattoni's first game and he decided to be negative. If he got back to real analysis then I'd much prefer his articles.
    My concerns are global. I reject absolutely revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method, is love. I love you Sheriff Truman.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    I was at the Bulmers/Tv3 sports quiz in Galway last year where Kerr was the guest speaker.His bitterness at the FAI was incredible but at the time I thought understandable, but then he started telling some stories from training sessions and in one in particular he said the they had a game of Culchies against the Dubs, it was funny apart from the fact that he said that Roy Keane was stuck on the team with all the useless Gobdahs like Gary Doherty(in his words, Gary was a nice fella but jaysus he was ****e).... I just sat there thinking that if he thought he was so bad why the fcuk did he play so many games while Kerr was manager and especially in the game against the Swiss when we were so desperate for a goal. In that moment I lost any last lingering bit of respect I had for the guy
    Last edited by Razors left peg; 27/05/2008 at 6:48 PM.
    Its really not that complicated!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellavistaman View Post
    i think the becoming in the title is funny, i always found him to be a sad figure
    A little unfair however he has been a sad figure for a long time probably around the period he replaced Robbie Keane against Israel at Lansdowne with 70 minutes remaining with Graham Kavanagh a defensive midfielder when we were 2-0 up and dominating the match.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    I did feel he was hard done when the FAI sacked him - especially when they brought in Staunton. But now he needs to let things go or all those chips on his shoulders will crush him
    I agree. I supported him and thought the media were vicious with him. But these days.. he's bitter.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    I lost a lot of respect for him after the home match against Israel. Adding Kavanagh for Keane made no sense. You may not like Connolly but he was a direct replacement for Keane and we would have continued our dominance of that game.
    There is no such thing as a miracle cure, a free lunch or a humble opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
    Very predictable that he would have a dig at Brady, I recall Brady calling one of Kerr's articles ridiculous on the panel and Kerr no doubt holds grudges, lost all respect for him, I especially hate the way he pretends to complement someone before getting his little dig in(e.g. calling Brady a legend), as if by doing this it makes his point seem more valid and not just the rantings of a bitter little man
    You've summed it up Kerr's approach perfectly... he's engaging in what technically known as 'passive agression'...the man needs help big time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dublinmick View Post
    I thought Dunphy was right to get stuck into him in The Star today: "Kerr's just a back seat driver showing no class."
    Humpty Dunphy is never right. About anything. Ever. He is in no position to start name calling Kerr (Whatever your views on Kerrs article are). Humpty is the ultimate backseat driver. He has slaughtered every Irish manager, and I'm sure Trapp will have his turn under the Dunphy knife too. For Dunphy to accuse Kerr of lacking class is mind boggling. (remember his attacks on his good friend John Giles ? See how he had turned on his other good friend, Roy Keane ? And his atacks are almost always characterised by their personal, spiteful and bitchy nature) Dunphy has also attacked Brady in the past, now when it suits his anti Kerr agenda, Brady is a legend, with a great record at Arsenals youth team (better than winning 2 European international youth titles, Eamonn ?) Brady was much more of a disaster as a manger than Kerr ever was with Ireland. Dunphy accuses Kerr of not wanting Ireland to succeed, does he not remember sitting in the RTE studio making a big issue of the fact he was wearing the Cameroon colours, and supporting them against Ireland during WC 2002 ? In short, Brian Kerr is a Pats legend(and that's all that really matters to me ), Dunphy is a hypocrite and a fool.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    780 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dublinmick View Post
    I thought Dunphy was right to get stuck into him in The Star today: "Kerr's just a back seat driver showing no class."
    The pot calling the kettle black!!
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    On Newstalk now!
    San Marino are going to be a handful as the group goes on." - Steve Staunton reacts to performance against San Marino.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    He didn't say much, "couldn't believe" what he said made "so much headlines".

He just said there was a need to "repair some relationships" in regard to Brady's relationship with the players.

And he defended his statement about Brady and Ireland saying that he "never said the player (Ireland) was right".

And declared Brady not to be a weak link in the managerial team.

At least he came out to the public, still think he should mind his own business, he's past tense now.
    San Marino are going to be a handful as the group goes on." - Steve Staunton reacts to performance against San Marino.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zenokelly View Post
    On Newstalk now!
    He went on Newstalk as well! This is beyond obsession.

This can only end with Kerr atop of the FAI Abbotstown Offices, shaking his fists at the cruel sporting gods, with a sawn-off shot gun with Delaney taken hostage.

"What was so wrong with preperatory DVD footage of Canada!!!!!!. I just needed more time, damn you!!!!"
    Quoting years at random since 1975

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    Humpty Dunphy is never right. About anything. Ever. He is in no position to start name calling Kerr (Whatever your views on Kerrs article are). Humpty is the ultimate backseat driver. He has slaughtered every Irish manager, and I'm sure Trapp will have his turn under the Dunphy knife too. For Dunphy to accuse Kerr of lacking class is mind boggling. (remember his attacks on his good friend John Giles ? See how he had turned on his other good friend, Roy Keane ? And his atacks are almost always characterised by their personal, spiteful and bitchy nature) Dunphy has also attacked Brady in the past, now when it suits his anti Kerr agenda, Brady is a legend, with a great record at Arsenals youth team (better than winning 2 European international youth titles, Eamonn ?) Brady was much more of a disaster as a manger than Kerr ever was with Ireland. Dunphy accuses Kerr of not wanting Ireland to succeed, does he not remember sitting in the RTE studio making a big issue of the fact he was wearing the Cameroon colours, and supporting them against Ireland during WC 2002 ? In short, Brian Kerr is a Pats legend(and that's all that really matters to me ), Dunphy is a hypocrite and a fool.

Dunphy can make good and bad points, like everyone else. I thought him wearing the Cameroon colours was terrible - but that doesn't nullify what he said about Kerr. I'm not his biggest fan, but in my opinion he was spot on about Kerr. Kerr has acted disgracefully. He is a pathetic hurler on the ditch. Kerr, never mind Dunphy, really is a hypocrite. But I don't think he's a fool - In think he knows exactly what he is doing and should be ashamed of himself. He got the boot from Ireland because he was no good. He should get over it rather than sniping from the wings.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    I have to says Kerr's latest piece in the Times was by and large spot on bar his praise of Miller! When being more objective in his analysis he's far more worth reading.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast